New member here, long time Lotus owner, Hampshire UK

koorby

Reaction score
Hi all. First post here. Long time Lotus driver, I had a 2009 Evora LE in Australia and a 2012 Evora here in the UK.

I deposited on reveal day 6 July 2021 and was promised a May 2022 delivery which has now slipped to a “March 2023 production” timeframe. Oh well … no point getting upset about it because I have plenty of other lovely cars to drive in the meantime.

As a contrast though … I ordered a brand new Mini JCW coupe (as in - I bespoke ordered it to my exact specs using the Mini configurator) on the 9th of October. £500 deposit and a local Mini dealer called me the next day to confirm the spec and take balance of £5k deposit. He then told me I’d secured a November build slot due to a cancelled order. Guess what, I’m picking the car up tomorrow (Friday 11th November). So four weeks from configurator to driving it!!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi all. First post here. Long time Lotus driver, I had a 2009 Evora LE in Australia and a 2012 Evora here in the UK.

I deposited on reveal day 6 July 2021 and was promised a May 2022 delivery which has now slipped to a “March 2023 production” timeframe. Oh well … no point getting upset about it because I have plenty of other lovely cars to drive in the meantime.

As a contrast though … I ordered a brand new Mini JCW coupe (as in - I bespoke ordered it to my exact specs using the Mini configurator) on the 9th of October. £500 deposit and a local Mini dealer called me the next day to confirm the spec and take balance of £5k deposit. He then told me I’d secured a November build slot due to a cancelled order. Guess what, I’m picking the car up tomorrow (Friday 11th November). So four weeks from configurator to driving it!!
Wowser now that is a good turnaround! Pics of mini when you get it and welcome to the forum! 🙂

OP
K

koorby

Reaction score
Hello all, new to these forums, mainly came here looking for news about my Emira order since LCC keep changing their delivery goalposts. I’m looking forward to eventually getting my car, and having owned two Evoras I’m sure it will be every bit as amazing as those two were.

D41A1E6D-F41D-4830-B3C7-485732A53241.jpeg
9E5BDD64-A781-40AF-BA9C-F4F47DA293C3.jpeg

936A5884-004F-41CF-A6C5-93CAD33EA844.jpeg

1BE42CCB-4918-4B61-8BD6-5521CB7FC974.jpeg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a nice-looking spec.

When was your deposit and what are LCC currently telling you about build/delivery? Have you managed to book a test drive session?

Depending where you are in Hampshire, you might want to come along to our 3rd Sunday of the month Lotus owners breakfast meeting at Newlands Corner near Guildford. We should start seeing some Emiras attending now customer deliveries are starting. Usually several Evoras and quite a few Emira deposit holders.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Here is the spec as per the configurator. Can’t wait to drive it tomorrow :)View attachment 10711View attachment 10712
doesnt look like the coupe...do they still do the coupe? was it called the coupe, that weird shape they did....
maybe this ..ie yours is now the coupe..even though its not a coupe......
anyway, what a coupe you have managed to get .....
I used to love the mini.... now after many years of very slight upgrades to the design, Im a bit indifferent... I think they really need something new and not even the electric mini is that "new" design wise...

Still congrats.... AUTO? ohhhh dear.....

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the party @koorby - Keep us updated if/when you finally receive your Emira. Most of us are eagerly awaiting delivery news!

OP
K

koorby

Reaction score
I deposited on reveal day which I recall being July 6th 2021. I then paid the full deposit about 6 months later from memory.

I’ve been invited for a test drive but since they only have manuals on offer I’ll pass, since I’ve no interest in driving a manual these days. (3, 2, 1 …. manual biased anoraks inbound …. :) )

Whilst I am very much looking forward to getting my car, I have my Porsche 992 C4S daily driver to enjoy and picking up a Mini JCW hatch today (y)

OP
K

koorby

Reaction score
doesnt look like the coupe...do they still do the coupe? was it called the coupe, that weird shape they did....
I used to love the mini.... now after many years of very slight upgrades to the design, Im a bit indifferent... I think they really need something new and not even the electric mini is that "new" design wise...

Oh dear, manual transmission bias again …. FWIW 95% of all Porsches sold are autos, so please don’t be stuck in the 1970’s. I do wonder why taxis in the UK and EU are all mostly manual (as opposed to autos in the US, Asia and AU/NZ), when an auto box is more fuel efficient and much less taxing on the driver. Oh well.

Yes it’s a 3-door Hatch Mini JCW *Automatic*, not the coupe. Well spotted on the typo (y)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Oh dear, manual transmission bias again …. FWIW 95% of all Porsches sold are autos, so please don’t be stuck in the 1970’s. I do wonder why taxis in the UK and EU are all mostly manual (as opposed to autos in the US, Asia and AU/NZ), when an auto box is more fuel efficient and much less taxing on the driver. Oh well.

Yes it’s a 3-door Hatch Mini JCW *Automatic*, not the coupe. Well spotted on the typo (y)
Haha. I may be born in the 70s but not quite stuck there.
If we look at all porsche cars then most are macans and larger brother. So yes autos for an SUV
Lost 718s are bought by old men and women so again same logic

But go for sports cars and no it’s no where near 95%.

We will agree to differ but I don’t buy a sports car thinking too much about efficiently. I have two wives and an electric car for that ;)

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Man vs Bee!