• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New to Lotus from Norfolk, UK

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all,

Long time stalker since July 21 when I put my deposit down. I’ve posted quite a few times on the Facebook pages but thought it was about time i joined the forum. I come from Japanese cars mostly, specifically supras. Having had 3 mk4 supras in the past. I sold my last one back in 21 after spending a lot of money rebuilding the engine and gearbox as they both failed (they’re getting old now!). What pushed me into selling it was the fact the Emira was the first car that hooked me. Nothing else I’ve seen has gotten me this excited and the thought of a new car with warranty and less issues than older cars I’m usually into appealed to me. I’m very nervous currently with the lack of customer support from Lotus and the amount of issues people are having, it doesn’t bode well for the issue free motoring I had envisioned.

Anyway I’m looking forward to posting on the forum and interacting rather than skulking in the shadows!

Any questions or anything feel free to ask.

Cheers

Attachments

• 5B3BF997-D612-4996-BD14-38AE455F6337.jpeg
    5B3BF997-D612-4996-BD14-38AE455F6337.jpeg
    419.9 KB · Views: 45

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome and congratulations on finally taking the step from stalker to poster!

Are you going for a V6 First Edition Emira (in which case a July 21 deposit must mean delivery "soon") or are you waiting for the i4 or Base Edition?

OP
JasonR

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi Tom we’ve spoken a few times on Facebook so thought I best support the forum 😅 I’ve gone with the V6 first edition manual “delivery” is supposed to be in April now but I’ve got my doubts. I went with the show car spec as I thought it was perfect when I saw it at Hethel.

I did consider the base spec but didn’t want to be waiting even longer and I really wanted a manual car which unfortunately ruled out the i4 because I think that with a manual would be something special!

Attachments

• A43CB06B-BFBE-4B7C-99AB-EC2BDC793441.jpeg
    A43CB06B-BFBE-4B7C-99AB-EC2BDC793441.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 29

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time stalker since July 21 when I put my deposit down. I’ve posted quite a few times on the Facebook pages but thought it was about time i joined the forum. I come from Japanese cars mostly, specifically supras. Having had 3 mk4 supras in the past. I sold my last one back in 21 after spending a lot of money rebuilding the engine and gearbox as they both failed (they’re getting old now!). What pushed me into selling it was the fact the Emira was the first car that hooked me. Nothing else I’ve seen has gotten me this excited and the thought of a new car with warranty and less issues than older cars I’m usually into appealed to me. I’m very nervous currently with the lack of customer support from Lotus and the amount of issues people are having, it doesn’t bode well for the issue free motoring I had envisioned.

Anyway I’m looking forward to posting on the forum and interacting rather than skulking in the shadows!

Any questions or anything feel free to ask.

Cheers
Love a set of Oz Futuras. So you have something in common with the Lotus Esprit V8s 😁

OP
JasonR

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Love a set of Oz Futuras. So you have something in common with the Lotus Esprit V8s 😁
Yea I always liked the Lotus connection with those wheels plus they look great. I had some good memories with that car but lost the love in the end!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the forum @JasonR!

Sounds like joining was long overdue but better late than never! 👍