Dilemma

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So as both my new cars have been pushed back to July I no longer have a car so I buying something for a stop gap. I've loved owning abarth and fiat 124s so I've opted for one of these.
I'd prefer the abarth but ..
using the Lotus px tool a £21k abarth comes in at 17k where as the 124 comes in at what I can pay for it
so the dilemma is do I buy the better car and lose £4-5k
or get a 124 and lose a few hundred quid (I'd get it remapped as it's an identical engine to the arbarth)
The final option is keep the car. Which means finding an extra 20k and have 3 cars .. and one van!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
July is only about 70 days away. Maybe just get something used to carry you over until your new cars arrive? Something you can resell easily when the time comes? Once you have an Emira, how often do you think you'll want to drive the Fiat? If at all?

I have an Alfa Romeo Giulia which I love and plan to keep, but I'm honestly not sure how much time I'll spend driving it, unless it's for an errand or I'll be carrying more than one passenger. I have this feeling driving the Emira is going to be so captivating, that I'm going to have a hard time wanting to drive anything else.

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
July is only about 70 days away. Maybe just get something used to carry you over until your new cars arrive? Something you can resell easily when the time comes? Once you have an Emira, how often do you think you'll want to drive the Fiat? If at all?

I have an Alfa Romeo Giulia which I love and plan to keep, but I'm honestly not sure how much time I'll spend driving it, unless it's for an errand or I'll be carrying more than one passenger. I have this feeling driving the Emira is going to be so captivating, that I'm going to have a hard time wanting to drive anything else.
Both will be used!

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I would buy the cheapest car I could find for 2 months, bangernomics is the way forward

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Car prices are so high right now with current high demand and limited supply issues, I suspect the only loss you'll face on a SH car purchase will be all or part of the VAT. Px might be a different story however

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I would buy the cheapest car I could find for 2 months, bangernomics is the way forward
Yeah, i appreicate that but.....
1) We're assuming no delays to the June now July deliveries
2) I'm driving in a 'banger' (my Nemo van) now and after a month i've had enough
3) Using the Lotus PX tool i dont lose any money for a straight trade in, i.e its about cost of change ... within limits. So my risk is mitigated
I have a Biposto with 60k miles it so far so you know my answer. I would get as cheap a 595 comp as I would dare and use that. Or rent a cr@p car for 2 months. I can’t see you losing much on reselling the 595.
I did look at this (595) as well, if i had to sell into the market this would have been the best option. 2-3 month rentals just dont add up or possible in some cases!

Last edited: