Finance rate "under review"

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I was tiped off by the dealer that something was going on at the factory. I immediately put a deposit down. Lotus have clearly ignored pre reveal deposits and gone straight for the reveal/post reveal deposits. Totally unfair in my view.
question....
Your dealer is still a Lotus dealer? I mean, my dealer where I placed my deposit, is not a Lotus dealer any more...
We know there was a "mix up" with dates of deposits to dealers in terms of Lotus logging them etc.... were you one of these? Has your dealer not offered during this long journey to help get you to your correct position? Im not saying they can, as I am sure Lotus treats them just as badly if not worse than their direct customers.... but just wondering. If I were the dealer, I would certainly have sent a few emails on your behalf.... pointless maybe, but customer service doing its job at the same time....

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
question....
Your dealer is still a Lotus dealer? I mean, my dealer where I placed my deposit, is not a Lotus dealer any more...
We know there was a "mix up" with dates of deposits to dealers in terms of Lotus logging them etc.... were you one of these? Has your dealer not offered during this long journey to help get you to your correct position? Im not saying they can, as I am sure Lotus treats them just as badly if not worse than their direct customers.... but just wondering. If I were the dealer, I would certainly have sent a few emails on your behalf.... pointless maybe, but customer service doing its job at the same time....
Yes, the dealer is still a Lotus main dealer, and yes they have sent many emails to fight my case as an early deposit holder. This has obviously fallen on deaf ears with the added bonus of no explanation, apology or certainly not putting things right. The term "banging your head against a brick wall" springs to mind. Nothing, it seems, is going to change the "names of a hat" policy currently being used.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Yes, the dealer is still a Lotus main dealer, and yes they have sent many emails to fight my case as an early deposit holder. This has obviously fallen on deaf ears with the added bonus of no explanation, apology or certainly not putting things right. The term "banging your head against a brick wall" springs to mind. Nothing, it seems, is going to change the "names of a hat" policy currently being used.
ok fair enough.....
Its a mystery then..... but after their initial mistakes and lotus showing a 100% non flexible approach to changing even the tyres they put on a car without an x month delay, I guess at least we know where we stand with them....and thats precisely in the middle of a cow pat.
I'd give you my slot if I could...as in reality I have to say I am far more excited and looking forward to getting the Caterham now than the Emiras, there is little comparison at the thought of getting into one and the other, unless its raingin... but the Emira delivery is not going to be more than a few days earlier or later than your's anyway.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thank you for the information Tom, interesting to know that. So that being the case, why am i so far down the list?

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was driving home tonight in the pitch black, with high force cross winds and driving rain, plenty of standing water on the road and glare from other cars headlights and you know what I thought?
I really wish I was in the Emira right now.

Ah no, no I didn't, Yaris for the winter win 😅
Dang Dog, I can just picture it....the description sounds like a horror movie, where do you live? you need to buy your self a Hummer! :)

Last edited:

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
What people aren’t thinking about is , what if we don’t get approved with lotus … I had 2 c63a Amg in a row and not once did you get approved with Mercedes’ finance .. I have top notch credit always have mortgage approvals on the go and good cash in the bank and they still declined me ..
if we get turned down which will be quite likely for some as it doesn’t take much to get a decline in this day and age be prepared for a 10% apr .
I got a price this week for the Merc GT63 AMG saloon - £84k , £20k deposit , £36k balloon over 4 years was £1016 per month …

Luckily the residual is higher on the emira but that could change so make sure your prepped for the sh£t that is to come .

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If this keeps coming up, I’m not spending £70k+ on a new car and instead buy a nice used performance car with cash instead. Surely used car prices have to correct significantly as finances are squeezed on households….

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If this keeps coming up, I’m not spending £70k+ on a new car and instead buy a nice used performance car with cash instead. Surely used car prices have to correct significantly as finances are squeezed on households….
Seen this happening at Porsche , 992 2019 convertible I looked at £109,995, - dealer rang me up and said great news we've dropped it 5k. When i was looking at the car they were telling me these things go in 9 days - follow up call was 3 weeks later. The salesman did say that the increased rates were a concern as majority of their cars are PCP.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
In some ways, I’m glad my date is now Dec 2023. Give me plenty of time to watch the market and wait for the i4 reviews. Also, plenty of content to consume on here as folks get their cars in the coming year. I am after my final ICE keeper, so no huge rush. It just needs to be the right car for me.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm seeing this happening already. I don't need to use finance but the price of used McLarens has already fallen in the last month and is heading towards new Emira total on the road price. Obviously different running costs and warranty situations, but it's bringing some other options into play. If your Emira delivery isn't until Q1/Q2 next year (or later) then it's worth seeing where used prices end up in early 2023.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yep used car prices are only going one way and thats down, its a little frustrating when you need a car now, as Tom says hold out if you can as you'll save yourself a few quid especially on the higher end cars.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I know you might laugh but I believe Lotus will up their game early 2023, they have to, the brand is depending on it. I think some of the new 5,6,7 month delays might even be brought forward slightly.

Sooner

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Rates have gone up to 8.9% now.
Really getting tired of this,their delays are causing us to pay more and more.

I have contemplated pulling out of the FE and going for the base when things should have calmed down ,but that's looking at least 2024 for a base now too....

It seems silly to pull out with build date this month finally but I've really lost all enthusiasm for this car now,delays and several hikes in rates.

It's an amazing car,but.....

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What annoys me more is that I look on autotrader and there is nothing else I want 🤣

Damn you , Lotus,you've got me by the Charles de Gaulle's

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
are you going to continue answering your own thread, or can someone else have a moan? haha
Im guessing this rate is not the highest of the car companies.... BMW higher? Porsche?
If so, then can complain, but well..... could be and will no doubt be worse next year.
Hope your car gets to you before it goes up again...!