Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I also received an email today. My car has gone from November 2022 to August 2023. I’m not really that bothered anymore, I’m kind of over it I think.
My wife ordered a new Lexus in January 2022. It was built To order in Japan. It arrived in the UK in May. The dealer apologised to us for the wait. 😂
That is crazy! What spec is that for?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
so if you are a manual as you say and you paid your deposit to lotus? direct..before launch, there would seem no way you should be march 2023.....
In this case I would be seriously questioning them...
Call and ask to speak to Alex for example....
If you paid through a dealer, that could explain the issue....as not all dealers gave the correct info and in cases Lotus also made errors on their side with dates, but you probably have proof from your bank as to when your deposit left your account and with this I would be making a strong case to them......
No point calling LCC or anyone at Lotus. They have screwed up the sequencing of a number of pre-reveal depositors. It's nothing to do with parts supply issues and entirely to do with errors made by Lotus. They won't do anything about it, or offer any explanation or even an apology. Escalating it gets you nowhere - not just for me but several others who have tried.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah that's got to be frustrating. Matt said in that video with Harry that they've had to resort to building the cars they can, regardless of deposit/order date because of everything that's going on. Without naming anyone, he said they've been frustrated by their suppliers not meeting their promised delivery dates. It's frustrating all the way around.
There are at least 16 UK people with pre-reveal deposits (the furthest back being Scruff111S in Oct 2019) who are now significantly out of sequence compared to people who placed deposits from reveal day through to mid-Goodwood.

The extent of the mis-sequence has nothing to do with what spec they have chosen. Other people with the same individual options choices and identical overall specs but later deposits are getting their cars months earlier. There is no pattern to which pre-reveal folks are over-delayed and which aren't.

So far, all of the publicised UK deliveries and people with confirmed specific delivery dates are folks with post-reveal deposits. Two pre-reveals completed checkout in September but still don't have delivery dates.

It cannot be related to parts supply issues. It might possibly be related to UK type approval. But I believe they have (again) messed up the recording of pre-reveal deposit dates and how those have been used in production scheduling.

Many of us have asked for explanations and been fobbed off. Several of us have escalated it and been stonewalled. I know some people at Hethel have been told not to talk to us about it. We don't need War & Peace on why, just some honesty and acknowledgement of it, and maybe even a "sorry".

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They launched the car in 2021 - In the middle of covid lockdowns, wearing masks when they gave approx. delivery timing.... You really don't think they took that into consideration? They knew the situation and either underestimated it, or cocked it up. I won't give them a pass for it being "unforeseen" circumstances.

How long a car was in developments is irrelevant to delivery timing. Lexus took 10 years to develop a sedan, Ferrari did an SUV in 5. Tesla cybertruck looks to be 4/5 years in developments, C8 was 12 years. Emira started development in 2018 - from an interview with Russel Carr, around the time of Evija launch it was already in development.

What is relevant to the conversation is when a vehicle is released / launched and a configurator with pricing goes live and you are able to order the vehicle with a bill of sale - outlining options and price. I believe that in the UK this happened back in Sep/Oct 2021. UK second deposits for i4 F/E were required in Feb/Mar '22 deadline, I believe. Any UK i4 ppl can confirm this? From Sep 2021 configurator i4 F/E - to July 2023 production is a VERY long wait. Not to mention your spec and second deposit was locked in for 1.5 YEARS. BTW this July 2023 production start is still a maybe and could get pushed out again.

I can understand if I came today and placed an i4 deposit and they told me 2025. I was late to the party, and probably have 10K deposits ahead of me. OK, that I understand. However, from Bill of sale and second deposit (guaranteed allocation / production spot) in feb 2021 - to getting the car in aug 2023. No, sorry that is not just supply chain issues at play. Ferrari will deliver the first few Purosangue SUV before an i4 Emira, and they released it a year and half after Lotus.
You're not quite right on the timings:
  • Emira reveal on 6 July 2021
  • Configurator and pricing launched in Sept 2021 - only for V6 FE
  • i4 FE pricing announced and configurator updated in April 2022
  • Lotus started outbound calls to first batch i4 FE depositors in April 2022 about spec and second deposit but swiftly stopped this
  • i4 FE depositors were able to call in and get their personalised link to record their spec and pay second deposit in April
  • Original planned date for first i4 production was Nov 2022
  • Current estimate for first i4 FE production is now July 2023

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
No point calling LCC or anyone at Lotus. They have screwed up the sequencing of a number of pre-reveal depositors. It's nothing to do with parts supply issues and entirely to do with errors made by Lotus. They won't do anything about it, or offer any explanation or even an apology. Escalating it gets you nowhere - not just for me but several others who have tried.
Without been able to confirm, I suspect some dealers took the money but then took 2 or more weeks to submit the info to Lotus...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That might be true in the US but it was a different process for the UK pre-reveal deposits and how they were converted across to central Lotus deposits.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Genuine question what would it take for you to feel like Lotus had let you down 'a little bit' 😅
- Another year delay
- 10% price rise
- part supply issue that means your car is off the road for 10 weeks?
- Matt Windle having an affair with your wife?
ahhh and I thought it was just with my wife....damn..he gets around that Matt, explains a lot.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No, autos - deliveries running about 3 months later than manuals with same deposit dates.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
No, autos - deliveries running about 3 months later than manuals with same deposit dates.
So is the flow of manual boxes to Hethel running smoothly? If they are, what is the latest excuse for the delays?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't know. All they say is "parts supply issues" and talk about the workforce productivity taking more time to ramp up - how much of the delay and slow output is due to each factor is unclear.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You're not quite right on the timings:
  • Emira reveal on 6 July 2021
  • Configurator and pricing launched in Sept 2021 - only for V6 FE
  • i4 FE pricing announced and configurator updated in April 2022
  • Lotus started outbound calls to first batch i4 FE depositors in April 2022 about spec and second deposit but swiftly stopped this
  • i4 FE depositors were able to call in and get their personalised link to record their spec and pay second deposit in April
  • Original planned date for first i4 production was Nov 2022
  • Current estimate for first i4 FE production is now July 2023
i4 F/E configurator launched in April 2022... Well that is a bit better than I had thought. 14 Months from configurator to production is still fairly long, and that is currently the best case scenario. Anyway - I am off to go test drive the Emira! I am hoping it lives to expectations.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Genuine question what would it take for you to feel like Lotus had let you down 'a little bit' 😅
- Another year delay
- 10% price rise
- part supply issue that means your car is off the road for 10 weeks?
- Matt Windle having an affair with your wife?
I understand all the things going on that are affecting the situation, as a result, I'm able to be patient. The only way Lotus could really 'let me down' is if they stopped producing the Emira completely before making mine, and decided to start the electric cars earlier than planned. I know that's not going to happen so I'm hanging in there.

Honestly, nothing from Lotus lets me down nearly as much as the toxic negativity I see in the forum. It rips all the fun out of reading things in here, hence why I don't come in here nearly as often as I used to, and steadily post less and less.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Honestly, nothing from Lotus lets me down nearly as much as the toxic negativity I see in the forum. It rips all the fun out of reading things in here, hence why I don't come in here nearly as often as I used to, and steadily post less and less.
You are not alone in feeling that way my friend. I'm sure many are weary of all the negativity. Really, with everything going on in the world, if all you can do is whinge about your £80k sports car being late, or someone else having moved up the queue slightly faster than you, it is time to zoom out and gain a bit of perspective.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I understand all the things going on that are affecting the situation, as a result, I'm able to be patient. The only way Lotus could really 'let me down' is if they stopped producing the Emira completely before making mine, and decided to start the electric cars earlier than planned. I know that's not going to happen so I'm hanging in there.

Have you actually seen a production ready car yet?