Horrible FE i4 news from Lotus dealer in Germany

OP
M

m5iemin

Reaction score
I don't get it, isn't the whole EU a single regulatory environment for vehicles? It shouldn't matter whether there is a dealer in Poland.
Yeah I really shouldn't and doesn't. I have purchased cars from Germany before, you just have to pay import tax when registering. And when it comes to after-sales service mentioned above, I remember when in early 2000s the only dealership of Porsche in Poland was in Warsaw and because of terrible road at the time connecting Wroclaw to Warsaw, it was quicker to drive to Berlin so my father used to service his Porsche there. Speaking of Porsche I am thinking about 718 now...

Xspyder

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Update:
After 21 months of waiting (I have put my deposit down after Goodwood 2021) I was informed that Lotus doesn't really want my money. I was ready to order car from elsewhere in Europe and simply ship it in (and cover import taxes). But apparently "somehow" it is not possible. I am lost for words, I dont think I will be buying Lotus even when it becomes available. It is not a way you treat your costumers.
View attachment 25071
Why not buy a newish used car as there should not be any import tax.