Dark Verdant and.....

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hi, I've been playing with the configurator (again!). Lots of people (including JB) have been suggesting Dark Verdant with Tan leather, which I'm sure will look great but just feels a little "trad" for such a cutting edge car.

So, I tried Dark verdant with Black Pack contrast roof, silver wheels and the Ice Grey & Black leather interior combo, which works with either yellow calipers for a little "pop", or black or silver calipers for a more understated look.

What do you think?

1629388116936.png
1629388137128.png

Of course if putting my deposit down a week after Goodwood means I'm too late for a First Edition then I'll have another 7 colours to play with!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I like that combo! Never been a fan of tan leather personally. I think green is the only color where I'd skip the black pack though. Just my personal taste. I like the silver forged wheels too! The grey leather interior pops nicely though.. brightens things up a bit.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I like that combo! Never been a fan of tan leather personally. I think green is the only color where I'd skip the black pack though. Just my personal taste. I like the silver forged wheels too! The grey leather interior pops nicely though.. brightens things up a bit.
You know, you might be right about dropping the contrast roof with the green - as the green being quite dark means you lose some of the effect of the contrast anyway. I was drawing to the grey to tie in with the silver wheels, keeping the colour palette cohesive and limited. My 996 C4S is all black inside, so I painted the centre console and internal sill covers silver to lighten it up - which worked pretty well! My V8 Vantage is all Obsidian (black) leather, which I was concerned about but the contrast silver stitching really adds some definition and highlights, avoiding the overwhelming "Black hole of Calcutta" look.

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Definitely like the grey interior. I think could go either way with the black pack, but including it would make it slightly more modern looking, if that’s the goal.

I agree the car doesn’t suit the traditional green/tan though.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I actually really like the Green Verdant with Red interior and red calipers 😍
That's a bold choice and probably not to everyone's taste but it could look fantastic.

thunt

Reaction score
Fantastic indeed 😃

Attachments

• A5D39759-4B3E-4558-8717-252986A99933.jpeg
    A5D39759-4B3E-4558-8717-252986A99933.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 464

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Dark Verdant was my original spec color and I haven't changed. Looking to do a winter wheel in a gold or bronze. I saw this sitting on the side of the road today and it gave me some inspiration! It doesn't look like it is drivable. I wish I had the time and more important the skill to restore these if that's even possible.

lotus esprit.jpeg

lotus esprit1.jpeg

Green Bay Packers all day!

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, I've been playing with the configurator (again!). Lots of people (including JB) have been suggesting Dark Verdant with Tan leather, which I'm sure will look great but just feels a little "trad" for such a cutting edge car.

So, I tried Dark verdant with Black Pack contrast roof, silver wheels and the Ice Grey & Black leather interior combo, which works with either yellow calipers for a little "pop", or black or silver calipers for a more understated look.

What do you think?

View attachment 206View attachment 207

Of course if putting my deposit down a week after Goodwood means I'm too late for a First Edition then I'll have another 7 colours to play with!
I'm off to the road show tomorrow morning. I've configured the Dark Verdant, lower black, black wheels and black interior. Yellow calipers.
I can't bring myself to have anything other than black interior, don't know why.
Anyway, I'll report back on my visit, and whether the car there changes my colour choices!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Credit to Mickle on The Lotus Forums, these are based off my photos of the physical colour samples at the dealer roadshow

ABEAD510-47A8-4E13-8EB6-BC9C8981F3EE.jpeg

A0B9161E-DDF6-426A-B9DA-CBA66E24D60A.jpeg

049D8B18-F044-4922-AD2C-F54A3C69F155.jpeg

Reactions: Rob

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Had heart set on green but wow that almost looks black. Thank you for posting. Kind of eying nimbus now.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s a really tricky one to render and it’s hard to photo too. In some lighting it is almost black and in others it’s clearly metallic green. Very like Empire Green on the Lotus Carlton. My photos in the samples thread show how much it changes depending on lighting and angle.

Last edited:

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The green is stealthy and rich. I like the fact that it can be mistaken for black. Thanks for posting these pics.

Rob

Reaction score
Thanks for posting these pictures, I’m sticking with the Green, tan interior, living in the “sunshine state” and moving to the beach, I think the colour will work well.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

What do you think?

View attachment 206View attachment 207

The more I stare at this, the more I'm warming up to it.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Man this green is tricky - that green with red interior and calipers actually looks pretty sweet, but I agree with the Christmas theme problem. Same as red and Blue is superman.

The yellow hood emblem just looks really good with that green