Dark Verdant and.....

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You got in nice and early, not really an issue for me if I miss first round of deliveries (might get offered an I4fe if I miss the v6fešŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø) be interesting where we end up in OZ and how they manage the roadshows and pre orders - hopefully by the time it starts here they will be able to give an indication when you can expect delivery.
I think you hit the nail in the head. I want to see Lotus do so well and Iā€™ve owned a coupe and do have a soft spot for them as a business overall. Been lucky enough to own some Italian Supercars but Lotus as a package just in my Evora 400 with all its drawbacks and build quality niggles is still very special/unique.

Rob

Reaction score
I think you hit the nail in the head. I want to see Lotus do so well and Iā€™ve owned a coupe and do have a soft spot for them as a business overall. Been lucky enough to own some Italian Supercars but Lotus as a package just in my Evora 400 with all its drawbacks and build quality niggles is still very special/unique.
Agreed I want to see them do well and am pleased they are producing a car that suits my needs as a daily, fun and interesting, Iā€™m prepared to give lotus Oz some slack, if I wanted the ā€œPorsche experienceā€ Iā€™d go get it. Iā€™ve had 6 911,s over 30 years and enjoyed all however, respectfully in my opinion they have become a dime a dozen especially on the Gold Coast. Iā€™m looking for something a little less common and interesting. Finally, for me, Porsche made the 911 too good! And more of a GT car than a sports car in my view however Iā€™m mid 50s now and accept that youā€™ve got to go where the market wants. I like a bit more rawness like my 80s & early 90s 911s. These reasons had a lot to do with buying my Morgan 3 wheeler which is just raw and so much fun to drive - especially at legal limits!

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Agreed I want to see them do well and am pleased they are producing a car that suits my needs as a daily, fun and interesting, Iā€™m prepared to give lotus Oz some slack, if I wanted the ā€œPorsche experienceā€ Iā€™d go get it. Iā€™ve had 6 911,s over 30 years and enjoyed all however, respectfully in my opinion they have become a dime a dozen especially on the Gold Coast. Iā€™m looking for something a little less common and interesting. Finally, for me, Porsche made the 911 too good! And more of a GT car than a sports car in my view however Iā€™m mid 50s now and accept that youā€™ve got to go where the market wants. I like a bit more rawness like my 80s & early 90s 911s. These reasons had a lot to do with buying my Morgan 3 wheeler which is just raw and so much fun to drive - especially at legal limits!
Mate I absolutely love the Morgan 3 wheelers, super cool and most definitely unique. Iā€™ve currently got a 4C and love it for every reason others hate it. Iā€™m down in Sydney mate and if youā€™re ever down this way Iā€™ll buy you a beer. Iā€™m also very lucky my Mrs is a bit of a rev head and allows me to splash out on cars šŸš— I tell her we donā€™t have kids so might as well spend it on cars and holidays. Have an epic week ahead champion.

Reactions: Rob

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Now that Iā€™ve been lusting over the ā€œRacing Greenā€ 2018 Evora 400, Iā€™m really hoping Verdant is a sleeper color and really digging that ice grey leather to lighten up the interior.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
No way I almost bought a 3 wheeler before putting deposit on the Emira. I think I will still end up with one at some point. Take it you love yours?
My take on them is that they are the perfect anecdote to modern busy roads where you need to find your fun at the speed limit or below!

Rob

Reaction score
No way I almost bought a 3 wheeler before putting deposit on the Emira. I think I will still end up with one at some point. Take it you love yours?
My take on them is that they are the perfect anecdote to modern busy roads where you need to find your fun at the speed limit or below!
Iā€™m keeping my 3 wheeler Leonard and will add the Emira, itā€™s very hard to explain how good they feel to drive, itā€™s not like anything else, itā€™s a bit like riding a motorbike that handles like an old 911 without a helmet šŸ˜šŸ‘ Iā€™d class it as an enthusiasts car, non of it makes sense and we love them all the more for it. Iā€™m generally not a person that likes to be the center of attention, big mistake driving this, takes forever arriving and leaving anywhere, itā€™s the happiest car Iā€™ve owned. Buy one while you can Leonard, theyā€™re not allowed to make them anymore (no windscreen wipersšŸ˜) I think thereā€™s only ~2500 of them worldwide. Iā€™ll be keeping mine and hang it my wall once Iā€™m told Iā€™m not allowed to drive anymorešŸ˜¶

Attachments

• 74257B72-2D9B-48F0-9B7C-AFE55452EABD.jpeg
    74257B72-2D9B-48F0-9B7C-AFE55452EABD.jpeg
    586.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 47A57A6F-9FDB-4761-97D2-40EB31C96E0B.jpeg
    47A57A6F-9FDB-4761-97D2-40EB31C96E0B.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 87

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My local Lotus dealer, Bell & Colvill, are also Morgan dealers. Lovely cars and the three wheelers are beautiful and idiosyncratic.

Iā€™ve never driven one but can imagine they are an adventure every time.

Rob

Reaction score
My local Lotus dealer, Bell & Colvill, are also Morgan dealers. Lovely cars and the three wheelers are beautiful and idiosyncratic.

Iā€™ve never driven one but can imagine they are an adventure every time.
Iā€™m a 3rd generation Morgan driver, I remember as a lad belting around Kent with my grandfather in his 3 wheeler, and with my father in London & Oz in a +4šŸ˜ I think companies like Morgan & lotus have nailed it, the right mix of very uniquely English design and with the oily bits provided by the Germans, Japanese & the Americans in the Morgans air cooled engine.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Iā€™m keeping my 3 wheeler Leonard and will add the Emira, itā€™s very hard to explain how good they feel to drive, itā€™s not like anything else, itā€™s a bit like riding a motorbike that handles like an old 911 without a helmet šŸ˜šŸ‘ Iā€™d class it as an enthusiasts car, non of it makes sense and we love them all the more for it. Iā€™m generally not a person that likes to be the center of attention, big mistake driving this, takes forever arriving and leaving anywhere, itā€™s the happiest car Iā€™ve owned. Buy one while you can Leonard, theyā€™re not allowed to make them anymore (no windscreen wipersšŸ˜) I think thereā€™s only ~2500 of them worldwide. Iā€™ll be keeping mine and hang it my wall once Iā€™m told Iā€™m not allowed to drive anymorešŸ˜¶
Omg I'm in love with it šŸ„°
Not sure I can justify both is all :( Although I know I want one REAL bad!!! šŸ˜‚

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Would love one, but don't enjoy the attention, this isn't something you can turn up discretely in!

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This is really cool! And in the right color

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
View attachment 1153A beautiful example thatā€™s available now if anyone wants a little runaround while they waitā€¦ā€¦..
I love it but 60k is a lot for 3 wheels šŸ˜
I dont think
at Ā£60k its quite a premium over the retail - but I expect they'll appreciate since Morgan stopped making them last year
Why i was looking at 35k. As safe as putting your money in gold I imagine

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
at Ā£60k its quite a premium over the retail - but I expect they'll appreciate since Morgan stopped making them last year
I heard they were planning to launch a new model, guess it will be available same time as the Emira.
Only difference is you don't have to think about the color of the rims and calipers!