Dark Verdant and.....

SteveB

Reaction score
Credit to Mickle on The Lotus Forums, these are based off my photos of the physical colour samples at the dealer roadshow

View attachment 566
View attachment 567
View attachment 568
Dark verdant was my first choice but from the configurator I was worried it might be too bright. From the rendered photos now definitely going with this colour plus the full black pack. My current car is a BMW 435D in carbon black and I really like the way the colour changes from black to dark metallic blue in direct sunlight. Dark green + yellow calipers looks great (traditional Lotus colours) but definitely going with black wheels as going to turn black anyhow from brake dust! Still undecided on the interior though. Currently leaning towards black with yellow stitching but can’t decide between leather or Alacantra. From past experience, black leather seats develop shiny patches over time that are very noticeable. Would be interested to lean of anyones experience with Alacantra seats? Grey interior could also be an option if black makes the cabin too dark. Impossible to tell from the configurator and need to sit in one to decide - have to wait another 4 weeks for that!

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
Thanks. Super helpful. Think I will still stick with green, no black pack and silver wheels for now. Undecided about the interiors - tan is traditional and classy but I was unimpressed with the samples. Maybe black.

Will be good to see it in the flesh in the spring - hope Lotus make one of the demonstrators in the colour!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus HQ have asked all the dealers to spec their demos alongside the press cars, and they are ensuring a good spread of colours and trims. So there should be several to see across the UK.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Credit to Mickle on The Lotus Forums, these are based off my photos of the physical colour samples at the dealer roadshow

View attachment 566
View attachment 567
View attachment 568
Nice one! I am leaning ever more to the green. What I am anticipating is that in good light the green will have quite distinct highlights on the creases and high points, accentuating and showing off the form. This doesn't quite come through on the renders above but I am hoping it is more like the render on the configurator, as per my OP in this thread.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
These pictures of an Empire Green Evora may help. It's not the same as Verdant but it has a similar complexity of looking darker or more metallic depending on the lighting. The other car is Motorsport Green for comparison.

Empire Green Evora 6.jpg

Empire Green Evora 7 vs Motorsport Green.jpg

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
These pictures of an Empire Green Evora may help. It's not the same as Verdant but it has a similar complexity of looking darker or more metallic depending on the lighting. The other car is Motorsport Green for comparison.

View attachment 581

Thanks Tom, yes, that helps you get a sense of the degree of colour shift when the light hits it at just the right angle and it pops. Empire Green was a Keeps Enamel colour back in my signwriting days!

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I was going with tan interior but then I started liking ice/grey with verdant green. However, I don't know what will work best with my gold wheels, tan or ice/grey. Tan interior and gold wheels may be too much. I am probably overthinking this and that's good!

LotusAmateur

Reaction score

View attachment 581

View attachment 582
Like it. Thanks Tom. Works well in the light and will have nice plays along the curves. Guess they cannot call it 'empire green' anymore, especially if it needs to be a world car ;-)

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
I was going with tan interior but then I started liking ice/grey with verdant green. However, I don't know what will work best with my gold wheels, tan or ice/grey. Tan interior and gold wheels may be too much. I am probably overthinking this and that's good!
If you are going gold wheels (nice!), might as well go all out and get the tan. Will be nice contrast bands with the green in the middle.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If you are going gold wheels (nice!), might as well go all out and get the tan. Will be nice contrast bands with the green in the middle.

I tend to agree. How do you know the contrast band is green with the tan??? If that's true I am definitely going with the tan.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I tend to agree. How do you know the contrast band is green with the tan??? If that's true I am definitely going with the tan.

I looked at it on my big computer and it does look green! Whoa, didn't notice that.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Like it. Thanks Tom. Works well in the light and will have nice plays along the curves. Guess they cannot call it 'empire green' anymore, especially if it needs to be a world car ;-)
On the Carlton it was originally called Imperial Green…. :)

Rob

Reaction score

View attachment 581

View attachment 582
Thanks very much for all of your efforts TomE, very helpful. I don't think Oz get pricing and samples until late Oct and not sure if/when a show car will be here. Your comparison & interior sample pics have cemented v6fe auto, dark verdant, tan & silver wheels for me. Hopefully see mine late 22, early 23 which suits me just fine. I look at UK & US prices with envy, I hope to get mine all in for 190k.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
H
Thanks very much for all of your efforts TomE, very helpful. I don't think Oz get pricing and samples until late Oct and not sure if/when a show car will be here. Your comparison & interior sample pics have cemented v6fe auto, dark verdant, tan & silver wheels for me. Hopefully see mine late 22, early 23 which suits me just fine. I look at UK & US prices with envy, I hope to get mine all in for 190k.
Hey Rob I concur with exactly what you said mate. I’m from Sydney and I’ve had confirmation first FE delivery are July 2022 or even a month earlier from factory. Unless you missed the first Australian allocation. When did you put down your deposit legend?

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Reaction score
H

Hey Rob I concur with exactly what you said mate. I’m from Sydney and I’ve had confirmation first FE delivery are July 2022 or even a month earlier from factory. Unless you missed the first Australian allocation. When did you put down your deposit legend?
Hello mate, I got my deposit down July 12th, you?

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hello mate, I got my deposit down July 12th, you?
I put my deposit down on the 19th of May before the car was launched. At the time 1 person was ahead on me with a deposit down of 5k in Melbourne, obviously sight unseen as well.

Simply Sports cars in Sydney have indicated that they will be lucky to see many more than 10 allocations for the FE cars first shipment in Q2 202. Given the amount of global interest and how the UK + USA will be put ahead of AUS due to being their largest sales markets, I'm not surprised.

The 12th of July seems very early on unless they have had more interest in AUS as well. At 190 to 200k that’s very very good for Lotus in Australia. Let’s see if they up their showroom/retail experience to match.

Rob

Reaction score
I put my deposit down on the 19th of May before the car was launched. At the time 1 person was ahead on me with a deposit down of 5k in Melbourne, obviously sight unseen as well.

Simply Sports cars in Sydney have indicated that they will be lucky to see many more than 10 allocations for the FE cars first shipment in Q2 202. Given the amount of global interest and how the UK + USA will be put ahead of AUS due to being their largest sales markets, I'm not surprised.

The 12th of July seems very early on unless they have had more interest in AUS as well. At 190 to 200k that’s very very good for Lotus in Australia. Let’s see if they up their showroom/retail experience to match.
You got in nice and early, not really an issue for me if I miss first round of deliveries (might get offered an I4fe if I miss the v6fe🤷‍♂️) be interesting where we end up in OZ and how they manage the roadshows and pre orders - hopefully by the time it starts here they will be able to give an indication when you can expect delivery.