The Big Trip

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Not been down to the west coast of Ireland but would like to.
Any particular routes you'd recommend, must do roads?
Haven't been on any driving specific trips. Just business couple of times and pleasure couple of times. I'd just say follow the coast though and do diversions to suit. Stunning part of the world. Great scenery, food, drink and the crack :)

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm in the states and make a yearly road trip through New England to hike and see the autumn colors. Typically first couple weeks of October since our anniversary is on Oct. 1. This past year that just so happened to be the date Lotus sent us official pricing... so my wife and I were on the side of a mountain in New Hampshire and every break I was checking my damn phone. "At least we'll have the Emira to do this roadtrip in next year!" Or so I thought... now it's sounding more like a December delivery for us early deposit holders here in the US. Just in time for my new toy to be stored away in the garage for a few months. :cry:

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I loved Ireland, particularly the west coast near Doolin and Galway. Some roads you kind of clench a bit trying to fit past other vehicles, but for the most part it is just beautiful.
I'm in the states and make a yearly road trip through New England to hike and see the autumn colors. Typically first couple weeks of October since our anniversary is on Oct. 1. This past year that just so happened to be the date Lotus sent us official pricing... so my wife and I were on the side of a mountain in New Hampshire and every break I was checking my damn phone. "At least we'll have the Emira to do this roadtrip in next year!" Or so I thought... now it's sounding more like a December delivery for us early deposit holders here in the US. Just in time for my new toy to be stored away in the garage for a few months. :cry:
Man, I would give my left nut to have access to the great roads you have over there (all over the USA)... Very jealous! :)
I go on semi regular (well they used to be) work trips to Boston, and enjoyed driving up to Maine ... I wonder how much British Airways would charge for my Emira as oversized baggage... 🤔

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I loved Ireland

Man, I would give my left nut to have access to the great roads you have over there (all over the USA)... Very jealous! :)
I go on semi regular (well they used to be) work trips to Boston, and enjoyed driving up to Maine ... I wonder how much British Airways would charge for my Emira as oversized baggage... 🤔

There are some pretty great drives within a few hours from me. Scenic New England is like driving through a painting.. it's just unbelievable at times.

I have great memories renting a car and driving all through Ireland and Northern Ireland (~2019 pre-pandemic). I gotta get back there soon.

I have a military friend who's shipped his GTI from the states to Germany so he could drive it on the ring. Must have been a great experience, but expensive! I'll stick to flying myself out and renting something.

Reactions: ADC

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Some great drives/roads. (y)

Drove the Kirkstone Pass (plus other equally satisfying routes around the Northern Lakes) last summer in the GR Yaris, which was extremely fun, and the GRY is built for those roads. I bet it would be as interesting in the Emira, but its extra width means one will have to be a touch careful.

Would have loved to have taken the RGB on these routes, but the lack of space (for a week's worth of luggage and other stuff required for self-catering accommodation for two people) makes it impractical. Hopefully, Emira should solve this issue...

One is guaranteed to experience sunshine and rain during this drive, which really mixes it up, and makes it quite exciting.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As third phone calls come in and production dates get confirmed delivery of your new Emira suddenly seems tantalisingly close. Who’s already planning their first big trip and what will it be?
Le mans 2023 for the 100th race ! Long way off but time flies 😎

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m thinking best of Britain - Peak District, Yorkshire dales, Pennines, Northumberland up to the Cairngorms, back down through the lakes and north wales.
My wife and I are doing the 195 mile Coast-to-Coast walk from St. Bees to Robin Hoods Bay in June. I'll keep an ear out for a wailing V6 in the distance. :D If you stop and see a couple hikers ogling your car you'll know who it is.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Come and have Tea with me and Leonard at Chatsworth 😝
I'm coming to see you two via "Lotus in the Peak" in July - a couple of days of driving around the Peak District and a huge convoy and then static displays at Chatsworth.

Goodwood Festival of Speed for two days at end June if the car arrives in time.

Our Emira Owners trip to the Isle of Man in September (still some places available) and I'll probably go up to the Liverpool ferry the long way via lots of scenic parts of Wales:

Plus a few track days and car shows around the country over the summer.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If I don't plan on getting out of the car for at least a week, does that count as one trip?

I'm hankering to get up north to Scotland and do the North Coast 500 or something... but my delivery is not likely to be until the weather has gotten cold again :(

EDIT: would also love to do a trip around Ireland again, but the idea of taking my new baby on narrow roads with stone walls either side gives me an ulcer!
I second that, getting the cup2 tires they are not great in cold wet weather 😊. Last thing I want it trying to fit out how to fix a Wrecked Emira 😰

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As third phone calls come in and production dates get confirmed delivery of your new Emira suddenly seems tantalisingly close. Who’s already planning their first big trip and what will it be?
I'm thinking Scotland and the NC500 but delivery estimated around October so will probably do some driving around the Yorkshire Dales and Moors (I'm nicely placed between the two) first and then maybe the Northumberland250 and a quick two day blast up to Scotland for the old military road.
I'm doing a Scotland road trip in June or July with my motoring mad friend as he picks up his GT4 around then all being well. Safe to say we are planning some Emira and GT4 road trips as well.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I will do an approx 3k road trip in June but in my s2 exige.. taking in the grossglockner, Italian alps, dolomites, Swiss and French alps. Just hope the susten pass is open in time when we get there in mid June. First road trip in Emira will be 2023 as I will be an fe i4 owner