Twelve Go Wild On An Island

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For several years pre-Covid I organised or participated in an annual Lotus owners trip to the Isle of Man. Famous for the TT motorbike races, there's a lot more to the island. Fantastic scenery, interesting history, friendly people and a range of places to visit from industrial heritage and old railways to castles, beaches and forest walks. Plus some brilliant roads and no speed limits outside the towns.

I'm organising a trip next year for Emiras and their owners. I'm looking at a couple of dates in September, so there's a decent chance of several hundred cars having been delivered and it's still likely to be decent weather. It'll either be 2-6th or 9-13th September 2022.

Format will be to get the ferry over from Liverpool on Friday morning. There are also options from Heysham, Dublin and Belfast. We'll have four nights on the island, returning on the Tuesday afternoon. I can recommend places to stay in/near Liverpool with parking, if people want to stay over before or after the ferry crossing. If you want to go out earlier or stay longer that's possible too.

We'll be staying at the Ramsey Park Hotel on the north of the island. This gives us access within a few minutes to the Mountain Road, one of the iconic sections of the TT course, which runs entirely on public roads. The 3-star hotel overlooks the sea and a lake and has plenty of safe parking. It has a bar and restaurant, as well as being a few minutes walk from Ramsey town centre with a range of pubs, cafes, restaurants and shops. More info here:

The cost will be around £310-325 per person for couples sharing a car and hotel room or £535-565 for singles. This includes return ferry crossing, 4 nights room & breakfast and associated taxes. Excludes other meals, insurances and any accommodation near Liverpool.

If you're interested please sign up in the table in the post below. I have a block allocation of rooms and you will need to pay a £40 deposit per person direct to the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company by 31 December 2021 to secure a place. Final balance will be due six weeks beforehand.

I appreciate Emira delivery timeframes are not fixed yet, so if you need to drop out between deposit and final balance that's OK and there will be a reserve list. My hunch is you'll need to have one of the first 800ish UK deposits (so first 400ish V6 FE build slots) to have your car in time for this, which means a deposit placed before end of Thursday 8 July, the first day of Goodwood.

For the moment I'm limiting this to 12 Emiras and trying to get two of each colour. There will be a reserve list and if necessary I'll open this up to other Lotus cars if we can't get enough Emiras. I may be able to add more cars if there is demand.

Here are a few pictures, videos and links if you're not familiar with the island:

Short summary:

Longer overview:

Scenery and roads:

TT course on board Subaru WRX setting the car lap record (outskirts of Ramsey and onto the mountain from 12:30):

Driving my Evora with fellow Lotus buddies on one of the Island's hill climbs:

DSCN5620_LR.jpg

IMG_1094_crop_LR.jpg

IMG_1110_LR.jpg

IMG_1128_LR.jpg

Tourism information:

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Please copy/paste the list and add your details

Participant list:
#​
ColourForum nameParticipants
2-6 Sept​
9-13 Sept​
1​
Seneca Blue​
2​
Seneca Blue
3​
Hethel YellowTomE
1​
Yes​
Yes​
4​
Hethel Yellow
5​
Magma Red
6​
Magma Red
7​
Verdant Green
8​
Verdant Green
9​
Nimbus Grey
10​
Nimbus Grey
11​
Shadow Grey
12​
Shadow Grey

Reserve list (Emira):
  • Include Forum name, car colour, number of participants and whether you can do both dates

Reserve list (other Lotus):
  • Include Forum name, Lotus car model, car colour, number of participants and whether you can do both dates

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Participant list:
#ColourForum nameParticipants2-6 Sept9-13 Sept
1Seneca BlueYachtie2yesno
2Seneca Blue
3Hethel YellowTomE1YesYes
4Hethel Yellow
5Magma Red
6Magma Red
7Verdant Green
8Verdant Green
9Nimbus Grey
10Nimbus Grey
11Shadow Grey
12Shadow Grey

I've often thought of joining you when these have been published on Seloc so would like to go. Colour might change from Seneca Blue though!
Deposit was paid 11am on 8th July at Goodwood so hopefully will get the car early enough

Last edited:

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Please copy/paste the list and add your details

Participant list:
#​
ColourForum nameParticipants
2-6 Sept​
9-13 Sept​
1​
Seneca Blue​
2​
Seneca Blue
3​
Hethel YellowTomE
1​
Yes​
Yes​
4​
Hethel Yellow
5​
Magma Red
6​
Magma Red
7​
Verdant Green
8​
Verdant Green
9​
Nimbus GreyBilbao-Emira 2 Yes Yes
10​
Nimbus Grey
11​
Shadow Grey
12​
Shadow Grey

Reserve list (Emira):
  • Include Forum name, car colour, number of participants and whether you can do both dates

• Include Forum name, Lotus car model, car colour, number of participants and whether you can do both dates
Count on me and my wife, It will be great for a first long trip on the Emira all the way from Spain. Test Drive!

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome both of you, great to have you on board for this. I'll let this run into next week to see who else is interested and what the preferences are on dates. I'll then send you information on how to pay the deposit.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
For several years pre-Covid I organised or participated in an annual Lotus owners trip to the Isle of Man. Famous for the TT motorbike races, there's a lot more to the island. Fantastic scenery, interesting history, friendly people and a range of places to visit from industrial heritage and old railways to castles, beaches and forest walks. Plus some brilliant roads and no speed limits outside the towns.

I'm organising a trip next year for Emiras and their owners. I'm looking at a couple of dates in September, so there's a decent chance of several hundred cars having been delivered and it's still likely to be decent weather. It'll either be 2-6th or 9-13th September 2022.

Format will be to get the ferry over from Liverpool on Friday morning. There are also options from Heysham, Dublin and Belfast. We'll have four nights on the island, returning on the Tuesday afternoon. I can recommend places to stay in/near Liverpool with parking, if people want to stay over before or after the ferry crossing. If you want to go out earlier or stay longer that's possible too.

We'll be staying at the Ramsey Park Hotel on the north of the island. This gives us access within a few minutes to the Mountain Road, one of the iconic sections of the TT course, which runs entirely on public roads. The 3-star hotel overlooks the sea and a lake and has plenty of safe parking. It has a bar and restaurant, as well as being a few minutes walk from Ramsey town centre with a range of pubs, cafes, restaurants and shops. More info here:

The cost will be around £310-325 per person for couples sharing a car and hotel room or £535-565 for singles. This includes return ferry crossing, 4 nights room & breakfast and associated taxes. Excludes other meals, insurances and any accommodation near Liverpool.

If you're interested please sign up in the table in the post below. I have a block allocation of rooms and you will need to pay a £40 deposit per person direct to the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company by 31 December 2021 to secure a place. Final balance will be due six weeks beforehand.

I appreciate Emira delivery timeframes are not fixed yet, so if you need to drop out between deposit and final balance that's OK and there will be a reserve list. My hunch is you'll need to have one of the first 800ish UK deposits (so first 400ish V6 FE build slots) to have your car in time for this, which means a deposit placed before end of Thursday 8 July, the first day of Goodwood.

For the moment I'm limiting this to 12 Emiras and trying to get two of each colour. There will be a reserve list and if necessary I'll open this up to other Lotus cars if we can't get enough Emiras. I may be able to add more cars if there is demand.

Here are a few pictures, videos and links if you're not familiar with the island:

Short summary:

Longer overview:

Scenery and roads:

TT course on board Subaru WRX setting the car lap record (outskirts of Ramsey and onto the mountain from 12:30):

DSCN5620_LR.jpg

IMG_1094_crop_LR.jpg

IMG_1110_LR.jpg

IMG_1128_LR.jpg

Tourism information:
Fantastic idea Tom! My FE V6 is unlikely to arrive until after this so
I’m good for 2023 although I’ll be taking my Emira to Le Mans that year so will have to build up brownie points with Mrs B!! I’m planning on coming to the Guildford December meet so can hopefully meet a few Lotus owners and future owners.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Superb! My wife and I would love to join, but given that we are not sure when we will take delivery of the Emira, I cannot commit at this stage. If, however, an RGB is welcome then that would be a fallback option...

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Lankan I'll put you on the non-Emira reserve list for now. I'm hoping we'll all get an update on likely delivery dates in January, around the same time as build commit and 3rd deposit. So we can take a view on it then.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Updated

Participant list:
#ColourForum nameParticipants2-6 Sept9-13 Sept
1Seneca BlueYachtie2YesNo
2Seneca Blue
3Hethel YellowTomE1YesYes
4Hethel Yellow
5Magma Red
6Magma Red
7Verdant Green
8Verdant Green
9Nimbus GreyBilbao-Emira2YesYes
10Nimbus Grey
11Shadow Grey
12Shadow Grey

Reserve list (Emira):

• Lankan, Exige RGB, White, 2

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
@Lankan I'll put you on the non-Emira reserve list for now. I'm hoping we'll all get an update on likely delivery dates in January, around the same time as build commit and 3rd deposit. So we can take a view on it then.
Thanks. Yes, hoping the updates will flow early in the new year so we will all know where we stand with regards to delivery slots/dates.

Manx-Emira

Reaction score
Hi TomE. Great idea - I live on the Isle of Man, so although you clearly are pretty familiar with these trips, if you want some local involvement/assistance then please feel free to contact me. We have a lot of car clubs visit, but be great to play a part as a potential owner too. Mines a planned Magma Red (for the Bakers Dozen!)..... :)

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi Tom
Sounds great, have paid second deposit and will be taking delivery of a Seneca Blue V6 manual, but first deposit not paid until 26th July, so don't believe I'll have my car in time, unless you might know different?

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Highly recommended trip. Have been 3 times with S9S staying in the same hotel on the weekends they open the mountain 1 way for start of TT practice. Always remember the first time I went past a police car at 130 on the mountain , thinking this is so wrong :LOL:. Think I got to about 140ish , but the fast boys did 180 when 1 way !! o_O

Some snaps from first time in the Evora

9EC960A2-3CC7-40B6-A9CA-AD39DE5C7372.jpeg
E47ABCD3-ED3D-43EE-AD0A-852A2E15D746.jpeg
520EDF63-6286-486D-9799-FF56CF83A650.jpeg

Next time in the Exige 380

B9E43107-F103-47E6-8E80-A67012DA64A9.jpeg
8A935B3F-C738-4C81-B7F5-5475FB13425B.jpeg

Last time in the AMG GT

268031B6-5D7D-412B-9185-220DAD32AD08.jpeg

Great island, great roads and perfect location for hotel , for early morning runs across the mountain to miss the traffic.

One suggestion when booking rooms is to ask to be in the new part of hotel which has aircon. I was in old part with south facing windows and no aircon and melted :cool:

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Short summary:

Longer overview:

Scenery and roads:

DSCN5620_LR.jpg

IMG_1094_crop_LR.jpg

IMG_1110_LR.jpg

IMG_1128_LR.jpg

Tourism information:
Love the idea of this Tom. Ordered on the morning of the 11th July, so may miss the cut unfortunately. Will definitely be keen if there’s a 2023 event.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi @TomE I'll be up for that
Thanks Nick, I'll add you. I assume you're Seneca Blue? Will you be solo or +1 and can you do either option on dates?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi TomE. Great idea - I live on the Isle of Man, so although you clearly are pretty familiar with these trips, if you want some local involvement/assistance then please feel free to contact me. We have a lot of car clubs visit, but be great to play a part as a potential owner too. Mines a planned Magma Red (for the Bakers Dozen!)..... :)
Much appreciated. I saw your user name when you signed up and had you in mind as a contact for this :)

I know a few other Lotus owners on the Island from previous trips so will add you to the list of locals to meet up with. My cousin lives in Ramsey, last of the immediate family still living there, and my 9x great grandfather is buried at Kirk Andreas Church.

When did you place your deposit and are you going for a V6 FE? Might you have yours in time for the trip?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi Tom
Sounds great, have paid second deposit and will be taking delivery of a Seneca Blue V6 manual, but first deposit not paid until 26th July, so don't believe I'll have my car in time, unless you might know different?
You're right, it's unlikely you'll have yours in time but happy to put you on the reserve list and wait for more info on timing in the new year.