Outer Banks ideas?

MickOpalak

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'll be leaving shortly for a road trip through the Outer Banks.

Any ideas of things to see and do or things to avoid? Great restaurants or hotels to stay in? Cool beaches or lighthouses? It can be anything from Myrtle Beach SC to Norfolk VA.

Already on the list is Kitty Hawk, Nags Head, & Roanoke Island.

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you haven't already, I would highly recommend taking a tour of the USS North Carolina (battleship) in Wilmington on your way up. I did it many years ago and want to go back. It's a really cool experience to get to tour the inside and outside of a real life battleship. I plan to take my girls in a few years when they're old enough to enjoy it.

Xroyalnavy

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'll be leaving shortly for a road trip through the Outer Banks.

Any ideas of things to see and do or things to avoid? Great restaurants or hotels to stay in? Cool beaches or lighthouses? It can be anything from Myrtle Beach SC to Norfolk VA.

Already on the list is Kitty Hawk, Nags Head, & Roanoke Island.
Fishy Fishy restaurant on the water in Southport, NC. Then take the ferry over to Ft Fisher and check out the NC Aquarium. From there you can head on up through Carolina Beach to Wilmington and the battleship as Kevin mentioned. Also Wrightsville beach up there if you are into that sort of thing. You would be passing right by Lotus Cape Fear as a bonus!