So you think climate change is a big hoax

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Pops68 , if you're up for it, I thought I would move our discussion here so that it had more room to breathe. :)

My goodness it appears "Chicken Little" should have been required reading in these liberal colleges that are spreading this nonsense. Someone had better let China know. Ok, I have to stop because we're not s'posed to be doing politics here...:)

So, alright... You got that out of your system. 😆

Why do you think climate change is a big hoax? Are you aware that almost every scientist around the world today believes that climate change is real, is happening right now, and will get worse in the near future? What data or research do you have to the contrary?

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This really isn't the place for this, maybe move it to a place with less breathing room, like a private messaging chain. I can only speak for myself, but I get enough political conflict in my day-to-day life and work... cars are an escape for me (even as stressful as this Lotus waiting game can sometimes be) and I really don't care about two strangers having a political pissing match online.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Can't you see how the left has used something as ambiguous as the climate to control our lives? My gosh you live in Canada! Your freedoms are more eroded than ours here in the states. The weather is always going to change. In the 70's they told us we were all going to freeze to death because of global cooling and an impending ice age. When that fell through they decided to tell us that the Ozone layer had a great big hole in it and we were all gunna be incinerated. That didn't come to fore, in fact it was determined the ozone hole was actually getting smaller. Now we have the marxist left and their latest idea to control us telling us we are all gunna burn up after all because the temps are rising. Along with the seas right? Poor Obama and all that beach front property he has bought. If you add this hoax and yes that's what I believe it is, to the COVID scam where in some places they still control the people, then look at the economic damage being wrought all over the globe as a result of the attack on fossil fuels and the unreasonable and unrealistic sudden move to solar, wind and other renewables you should see that control and damage being forced upon us. There is no reason we cannot move to renewables at a reasonable pace without destroying our economies in the process. Is the world warming? Sure, recently but if you look at a larger timeline you will see that the world has cooled and warmed without our help. Geothermal activity has had a far far greater affect on temperatures than we could ever have. I agree that we should be good stewards of the planet and do our best to treat it right. I don't agree with this movement because at its roots I believe it is simply a branch of the marxist movement that would keep us from enjoying, among other things, our fossil fueled Emiras...:)

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This really isn't the place for this, maybe move it to a place with less breathing room, like a private messaging chain. I can only speak for myself, but I get enough political conflict in my day-to-day life and work... cars are an escape for me (even as stressful as this Lotus waiting game can sometimes be) and I really don't care about two strangers having a political pissing match online.
Ok, sorry. This stuff gets my hackles up but I get ya...

OP
eriegz

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I feel for you. Everyone has different tolerances for different subjects. Personally, I enjoy stimulating intellectual conversations (not pissing matches), and climate change is a topic of great personal interest to me. That being said, this is the off-topic section, so as long as everyone keeps their shirts on, I say let it ride. You can always just un-follow and ignore this thread.

Fasttoys

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I watched a special about the sun today. We know very little about it and how it’s impacting climate change. I think we all will be surprised once scientists understand the sun more how big of an impact it has to our climate and weather changes. One day the sun will die we don’t know when that will happen and you and no one will be able to stop it. Life will be over as we know it. Like everything in the universe it has a start date and unfortunately it has an end. We can do everything possible to extend our life’s but we have no guarantees, you can do everything right and it’s over tomorrow because someone hits you by accident. Remember the earth before cars and gas every existed was a much more dangerous place, volcanos, ice age and many climate changes nothing we are going through today. NASA just launched a satellite to intercept a Meteor reason why they did this they know every 6000 years a big enough one will hit the earth and will cause massive devastation. Diving EVs living like cave people won’t stop it. I drI’ve an EV and work for a Company that is knee deep in Climate change talk. I think many at the top of the company are Hippocrates but that is another topic in itself. Think don’t regurgitate what you hear, it’s a lot deeper than we know and we have some impact but not as much as the press and some scientists who are incentivized to say we do.

Last edited:

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.