• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Japan - First weekend trip on the Emira

JaviLM

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
One of the things I liked doing with my old Toyota hybrid was going on weekend camping trips, and I was a bit worried about how much gear I would be able to take with me in the Emira.

This weekend I went on my first multi-day camping trip in my V6, and it turns out that I didn't need to worry at all.

I went with a friend, and we took quite a lot of stuff:
  • A big 4-person tent
  • A big 2-person self-inflatable mat
  • 2 big sleeping bags
  • 2 foldable chairs, table, rack, charcoal stove, gas stove, frypan, pots, mugs, cooler bag, food, drinks...
  • Changes of clothes, towels,
  • Pet, pet carrier bag, and pet tent
  • A bunch of other random stuff such as string lights, electric extension cords, water tank, etc
It turns out that the trunk is bigger than it looks from the outside. It extends left and right under the opening almost all the way to the sides of the car. There's also a very decent amount of space to store stuff behind the seats (not on the luggage shelf, but behind and under the seats themselves). Normally I go camping alone, so I'm now sure that I won't have any problem carrying all the stuff I need for long road trips.

On an unrelated note, I also learnt that bearded dragons make excellent copilots, in addition to being super cute. :)

Also, children at the camping site come to see the car, and their parents use the opportunity as an excuse to approach, check it out and ask questions. 😅

Attachments

• IMG_7437.jpeg
    IMG_7437.jpeg
    838 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7479.jpeg
    IMG_7479.jpeg
    689.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7433.jpeg
    IMG_7433.jpeg
    781.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7394.jpeg
    IMG_7394.jpeg
    412.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7396.jpeg
    IMG_7396.jpeg
    740.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 19.02.51.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-26 at 19.02.51.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7474.jpeg
    IMG_7474.jpeg
    317.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7382.jpeg
    IMG_7382.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 59
I can't believe you got that much stuff in an Emira! You ought to do a YouTube video to show those who think the Emira doesn't have much storage space.