The 13 Emira Colors

Thanks everyone for such a great supportive forum!
I have learnt so much over the past few months so I wanted to finally give back a little.

I know everyone is really keen to know what 13 colors will be available after the First Edition! I know I was.

Well it looks like they included them within the public configurator setting files. It literally took 2 minutes to find in a web browser for those that are tech literate.

Here goes:

First Edition - 6 colors:
Color NamePaint Type
Seneca BlueMetallic
Magma RedMetallic
Shadow GreyMetallic
Nimbus GreyMetallic
Dark VerdentMetallic
Hethel YellowSolid

Interestingly the additional colors are marked as V6 FE colors, but that can't be as we would have been told that they are available by now.

Base Edition additional 7 colors:
Color NamePaint Type
Meridian BlueMetallicNew color?
Atlantis BluePearlescentExisting Lotus color
atlantis-blue.pngatlantis-blue-emira.png
Basically the blue version of Dark Verdent
Cosmos BlackMetallicShould be a nice deep black with silver speckle?
Osmium SilverMetallicThis could be a silvery aqua blue!
osmium-metal.png
Real Osmium Metal
Vivid RedSolidBright red seen at Hethel?
vivid-red.png
Zinc GreySolidThe gray Emiras recently seen at Hethel? Probably like nardo gray or a little bit like crayon? I call it undercoat gray. :ROFLMAO:
nardo-grey.png
Aspen WhitePearlescentExisting Lotus color
aspen-white.png

Also for the interior, looking at the settings file it seems that there will be a black leather with yellow stripe and black leather with red stripe option. I think you can see the yellow stripe on black leather on a head rest in the configurator videos if you look very closely. 😀

I bet this puts a rabbit in the hat for some of us! However the FE colors are really beautiful so you can't go wrong.

Happy Emira driving!

Last edited:

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You post got me thinking, and this is something I see a lot online…

Would you rather have a slow car that sounds great or a fast car that sounds ok?

Using the Emira as a reference, assuming everything else exactly the same (release dates, options, price etc). Would you take the V6 over the i4 just because it sounds better when you know the i4 will be the quicker car?

Gibbo205

Reaction score

Would you rather have a slow car that sounds great or a fast car that sounds ok?

Using the Emira as a reference, assuming everything else exactly the same (release dates, options, price etc). Would you take the V6 over the i4 just because it sounds better when you know the i4 will be the quicker car?

I’d take the better sounding car every time because that car also has a manual gearbox.

Also the performance difference is not enough that most people will ever notice so the real deciding factors should be cost, noise and if you want a manual or not.

Hodl

Reaction score

With the current information available, I'll take the "slower" car. It was the same situation for my M2. I took the N55 even though it wasn't a "real M engine" because it sounded much better to my ears than the competition version and was plenty powerful for my needs.

Andrew

Reaction score
I'm also really curious to hear the V6 on the production car...
Theoretically first customers should receive their cars this April?

Gibbo205

Reaction score
I'm also really curious to hear the V6 on the production car...
Theoretically first customers should receive their cars this April?

First customer cars are June.
There will be more press cars in April and potentially dealer demos which will all be pre production cars so essentially 99% final and as such good enough to use as dealer demos and review cars. I believe this is the case anyway, Tom E will know better.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, June for first customer cars being delivered. They’re being built in April and May but held back for release in June due to approvals.

Dealers may have some demo cars in May. And press will have production-spec cars to review in April and May.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yes, June for first customer cars being delivered. They’re being built in April and May but held back for release in June due to approvals.

Dealers may have some demo cars in May. And press will have production-spec cars to review in April and May.
Just to clarify for everyone, I think Tom is referring to the UK market.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, that’s UK. North America dealers have communicated about the order and delivery batches for NA. Similar comms for first customers in Europe and Australia has been by dealers.

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Tom Sutton of Boardwalk Lotus told me over the phone he'll take customer orders for the last of their V6 FE allocations in late May for a fall delivery.

Base V6es should start delivery late 2022/early 2023.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
First NA cars are September production, so physical delivery depends on timeframe for shipping, customs clearance, tarnsport to dealer and pre-delivery prep. Maybe late Oct/early Nov to be in customers' hands?

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Tom Sutton of Boardwalk Lotus told me over the phone he'll take customer orders for the last of their V6 FE allocations in late May for a fall delivery.

Base V6es should start delivery late 2022/early 2023.
Trying to construct a Base v6 time line:
- May 2022 ends US FE build orders.
- June-December what happens?
- Early 2023 Base Edition delivery starts, in UK? If so, when does BE ordering start?
- When do US dealers learn their next allocations. And when can US build orders start?

Welcome your input.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Trying to construct a Base v6 time line:
- May 2022 ends US FE build orders.
- June-December what happens?
- Early 2023 Base Edition delivery starts, in UK? If so, when does BE ordering start?
- When do US dealers learn their next allocations. And when can US build orders start?

Welcome your input.

I am interested in these questions too. Has anyone heard anything, like when the configurator will be available for the Base? I assume it will reveal the additional colors.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am interested in these questions too. Has anyone heard anything, like when the configurator will be available for the Base? I assume it will reveal the additional colors.
When I spoke with my dealer a couple weeks ago the information he had indicated that the configurator would be getting updated to include Base options (and additional colors) "in the coming weeks". They expected to be learning about their Base allocations around then, or perhaps when the final FE order submissions have been completed. They also expected to continue down the deposit list and start taking Base orders in the June/July timeframe (my order is currently estimated to be sometime in July/August). Of course one should take this with a grain of salt, as it preceded some of the recent delivery delay news. I will remain eternally optimistic, though. :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When they announced the i4 FE pricing, they said Base Edition and options specifications and pricing would be published in September.

scarzie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
US configurator also now says mid-2023 for base editions, so the September timeline makes sense.... Fingers crossed its closer to Q2 than Q3

I have my tour scheduled for early August as I'll be in Italy on vaca, I hope that I'll be able to get a glimpse of some more non-FE colors. Also hope the driving experience is open by then as well

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
When I spoke with my dealer a couple weeks ago the information he had indicated that the configurator would be getting updated to include Base options (and additional colors) "in the coming weeks". They expected to be learning about their Base allocations around then, or perhaps when the final FE order submissions have been completed. They also expected to continue down the deposit list and start taking Base orders in the June/July timeframe (my order is currently estimated to be sometime in July/August). Of course one should take this with a grain of salt, as it preceded some of the recent delivery delay news. I will remain eternally optimistic, though. :)

Fantastic news. Back in January my dealer told me similar information. Not about the configurator but about the time frames. I was told order in the summer of 2022, get car in Q2 or Q3 2023.

AMKV28

Reaction score
From a customer point of view this is undoubtedly true. They would have been far better waiting 6 to 9 months until the Emira was fully developed and press cars were available. However, from a business perspective it made perfect sense for Lotus to launch the car early, gauge the level of demand, and ramp up procurement, staffing and production accordingly.

We have to remember what a leap of faith it was for Lotus and Geely to commit a huge amount of money to the Emira. The Evora sold in tiny numbers, yet somehow they made the business case for the Emira to be produced at more than 10 times the volume. That was a brave move, so I'm inclined to cut Lotus a bit of slack on the launch timing. Plus I have to admit that in spite of the frustrations over poor communication/lack of information I am hugely enjoying the lengthy build up to ownership :)
We do need to give Lotus some Slack as they did not expect parts issues to arise from 2022 to 2023. I think they did a great job creating the hype around the car and just looking forward to driving the demo this Saturday in Canada. My order goes in January and hopefully delivery in June 2023. Fingers crossed. Exterior white looks stunning in this car with Tan or Red interior.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
When they announced the i4 FE pricing, they said Base Edition and options specifications and pricing would be published in September.
Sorry if I missed something or am late to the party, but last I heard from my dealer we were supposed to be getting the new base/FE 2.0 colors in March 2023 (obviously didnt happen). So, the official reveal got pushed to September 2023?