The 13 Emira Colors

Thanks everyone for such a great supportive forum!
I have learnt so much over the past few months so I wanted to finally give back a little.

I know everyone is really keen to know what 13 colors will be available after the First Edition! I know I was.

Well it looks like they included them within the public configurator setting files. It literally took 2 minutes to find in a web browser for those that are tech literate.

Here goes:

First Edition - 6 colors:
Color NamePaint Type
Seneca BlueMetallic
Magma RedMetallic
Shadow GreyMetallic
Nimbus GreyMetallic
Dark VerdentMetallic
Hethel YellowSolid

Interestingly the additional colors are marked as V6 FE colors, but that can't be as we would have been told that they are available by now.

Base Edition additional 7 colors:
Color NamePaint Type
Meridian BlueMetallicNew color?
Atlantis BluePearlescentExisting Lotus color
atlantis-blue.pngatlantis-blue-emira.png
Basically the blue version of Dark Verdent
Cosmos BlackMetallicShould be a nice deep black with silver speckle?
Osmium SilverMetallicThis could be a silvery aqua blue!
osmium-metal.png
Real Osmium Metal
Vivid RedSolidBright red seen at Hethel?
vivid-red.png
Zinc GreySolidThe gray Emiras recently seen at Hethel? Probably like nardo gray or a little bit like crayon? I call it undercoat gray. :ROFLMAO:
nardo-grey.png
Aspen WhitePearlescentExisting Lotus color
aspen-white.png

Also for the interior, looking at the settings file it seems that there will be a black leather with yellow stripe and black leather with red stripe option. I think you can see the yellow stripe on black leather on a head rest in the configurator videos if you look very closely. 😀

I bet this puts a rabbit in the hat for some of us! However the FE colors are really beautiful so you can't go wrong.

Happy Emira driving!

Last edited:

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Scott referred to Atlantis blue as "Nautilus" or Dark Verdant but in blue :unsure:

Mickeymo

Reaction score
I'd never heard of Osmium before, but after looking at images of it on an internet search, it's a cool looking metal. Only problem is, it's highly reflective, as in mirror-like. That's not practical on a car, so I'm not sure how they're going to handle the reflectivity. I've chosen to soften it and give it more of a sheen instead of a mirror surface. It will be interesting to see what they decide to do with it. It also can have either a bluish tint to it, or a lunar grey/white tint. I like the bluish aspect so that's what I went with. It's also going to be heavily influenced by the environment around it. I may do some renders for different times of the day. These are early morning renders.

View attachment 2767
View attachment 2768
View attachment 2769
View attachment 2770
I really like this! Thanks Eagle.

Can I ask for a few variations please?

- black wheels and black pack
- full silver wheels, no black pack

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Reviving this thread to play a game.. Which 1995 Ford Explorer color would you choose over any of the 6 initial FE options?

View attachment 4125

This was 27 years ago on a mass produced SUV... 50 paint options!
lol, that's not even the page for the explorer though! I do see 10 choices for the mustang though....

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks Eagle. Yeah this is fantastic. This paint really suits the curves of the car imo.

I'm not sure which one I like more. I'd love to hear your thoughts. What do you think?
If the color tone I've chosen is in fact what Osmium turns out to be, it's a gorgeous color and looks fantastic on this shape. I wouldn't break it up with the upper black pack. I'd also go with the silver wheels to keep the overall look light and airy. I'd even consider the ICE interior.

Osmium ice.png

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If the color tone I've chosen is in fact what Osmium turns out to be, it's a gorgeous color and looks fantastic on this shape. I wouldn't break it up with the upper black pack. I'd also go with the silver wheels to keep the overall look light and airy. I'd even consider the ICE interior.

View attachment 4233
Glacial Grey looks really good in the flesh. :cool:

Mickeymo

Reaction score

View attachment 4233
Yeah I like the grey interior. Maybe yellow breaks and yellow dead ahead on steering wheel.

Gibbo205

Reaction score
I got to see some Emiras today in these colours:

Vivid red is my new favourite colour it’s really bright and solid.

Cosmos black is black with silver sparkle, really nice colour and even better this car had an AMG engine it and I also discovered Emira AMG will carry over same gear ratios from the A35 so that is 6 very short ratios for rapid acceleration and two long over drive for economy.

White is white but does look great with red interior and I also spotted primer grey.

Also got to see all the FE colours and my favourites are yellow, vivid red and blue. :)

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I got to see some Emiras today in these colours:

Vivid red is my new favourite colour it’s really bright and solid.

Cosmos black is black with silver sparkle, really nice colour and even better this car had an AMG engine it and I also discovered Emira AMG will carry over same gear ratios from the A35 so that is 6 very short ratios for rapid acceleration and two long over drive for economy.

White is white but does look great with red interior and I also spotted primer grey.

Also got to see all the FE colours and my favourites are yellow, vivid red and blue. :)
Magma red? Vivid is not an FE color

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Magma red? Vivid is not an FE color

Nope vivid red is a colour that might become an option on base cars next year and as such Lotus have painted some prototype Emira in this colour, it’s not an FE colour option.

There was a lot of magma red cars about which is a darker metallic red and is an FE colour.

Andrew

Reaction score
Any idea if on the non-FE models the side skirts and the bumper elements can be in other color than gloss-black?
I'm thinking matte or maybe a satin black option.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
We don't know for certain yet. But "Lower Black Pack" is described as a pack and "included as standard" on the FE, which suggests it may be an option on Base.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any idea if on the non-FE models the side skirts and the bumper elements can be in other color than gloss-black?
I'm thinking matte or maybe a satin black option.
There was a bug in the new configurator that briefly showed the lower black elements as a mid grey (a bit lighter than shadow) when changing black pack options. It might be unpainted matte finished black plastic as in Porsches to cut cost. In some ways that would also be more durable.

Managed to grab a screenshot a while back .. hope it's visible below.

no-black-pack.png

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that 'bug' too!
That's exactly what I was referring to!
I would'n mind have it that way. (I think also some Ferraris have it like that)

Gibbo205

Reaction score
My gut tells me that the base models will have most of the gloss black bits from the FE in raw exposed plastic. Which is why the configurator got stuck that way. It still stacks the layers at times when I use the configurator… typically when my internet connection is subpar. It’s technically a pack and isn’t listed on the standard features for the base model.

This FE cars have a lot of stuff that base cars don’t have, around 13-15k in extras that is charged 12k for so the FE does save some money but the reality is most customers probably won’t spec in all the FE stuff.

For me the FE cars have two-piece specially made disc for less weight and anti corrosion whereas base car will have solid heavier one piece disc.

I’m tempted to order a base AMG once I can hopefully in vivid red, with just basic seats and basic audio to cut weight and cost down but will add back in the two piece disc and other cool stuff FE cars have.

My thinking is a base AMG with all the right options will be sub 70k on the road and weigh less than an FE model, no 12-way seats, no KEF audio etc. am thinking a base AMG probably only weighs around 1390-1410kg.

I’ll then map it to whatever is proven am thinking 430-460 horses which with the 8 speed close ratio DCT will be one rapid car just hoping Lotus can work a miracle on the noise otherwise I’ll just stick with a V6.