The 13 Emira Colors

Thanks everyone for such a great supportive forum!
I have learnt so much over the past few months so I wanted to finally give back a little.

I know everyone is really keen to know what 13 colors will be available after the First Edition! I know I was.

Well it looks like they included them within the public configurator setting files. It literally took 2 minutes to find in a web browser for those that are tech literate.

Here goes:

First Edition - 6 colors:
Color NamePaint Type
Seneca BlueMetallic
Magma RedMetallic
Shadow GreyMetallic
Nimbus GreyMetallic
Dark VerdentMetallic
Hethel YellowSolid

Interestingly the additional colors are marked as V6 FE colors, but that can't be as we would have been told that they are available by now.

Base Edition additional 7 colors:
Color NamePaint Type
Meridian BlueMetallicNew color?
Atlantis BluePearlescentExisting Lotus color
atlantis-blue.pngatlantis-blue-emira.png
Basically the blue version of Dark Verdent
Cosmos BlackMetallicShould be a nice deep black with silver speckle?
Osmium SilverMetallicThis could be a silvery aqua blue!
osmium-metal.png
Real Osmium Metal
Vivid RedSolidBright red seen at Hethel?
vivid-red.png
Zinc GreySolidThe gray Emiras recently seen at Hethel? Probably like nardo gray or a little bit like crayon? I call it undercoat gray. :ROFLMAO:
nardo-grey.png
Aspen WhitePearlescentExisting Lotus color
aspen-white.png

Also for the interior, looking at the settings file it seems that there will be a black leather with yellow stripe and black leather with red stripe option. I think you can see the yellow stripe on black leather on a head rest in the configurator videos if you look very closely. 😀

I bet this puts a rabbit in the hat for some of us! However the FE colors are really beautiful so you can't go wrong.

Happy Emira driving!

Last edited:

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
I'd never heard of Osmium before, but after looking at images of it on an internet search, it's a cool looking metal. Only problem is, it's highly reflective, as in mirror-like. That's not practical on a car, so I'm not sure how they're going to handle the reflectivity. I've chosen to soften it and give it more of a sheen instead of a mirror surface. It will be interesting to see what they decide to do with it. It also can have either a bluish tint to it, or a lunar grey/white tint. I like the bluish aspect so that's what I went with. It's also going to be heavily influenced by the environment around it. I may do some renders for different times of the day. These are early morning renders.

View attachment 2767
View attachment 2768
View attachment 2769
View attachment 2770
Wow! Looks amazing @Eagle7!! Maybe I need to wait beyond FE for this!

Btw, reflective metal has been done before ;)

Attachments

• 75CA5E0B-C308-4AA0-A3FE-CBB6EF811FF0.jpeg
    75CA5E0B-C308-4AA0-A3FE-CBB6EF811FF0.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 43

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is Adas things like Lane control, radar warning for objects in front etc?
If so, I too don't want them. I drove a friends Kona the other day and it bleeped at me constantly when I was just trimming corners etc.
I’ve had these systems slam the brakes *for me* in a fast passing situation. Could have killed me. I turn them off when I drive my wife’s car or any rental that has them. I pay attention when I drive- no texting, only hands free cell.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Volvo has a color c

Volvo has a color "Osmium Grey Metallic". Color code 714. From these pictures the Lotus color is darker.
If the Osmium color Lotus is going to use is the same as the Volvo Osmium, that's definitely lighter. It also doesn't have the color depth I put into my attempt. I'm assuming their new paint system is going to allow them to use current state-of-the-art paints which look better than the older ones, but I'll lighten mine up and see how it looks.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Wow! Looks amazing @Eagle7!! Maybe I need to wait beyond FE for this!

Btw, reflective metal has been done before ;)
Yes I know it has, big rig trailers have metal sides and such. The problem is for a car, the driver would get blinded from the sun glaring off the hood, mirrors, etc. During WW2, they had to put flat black or flat dark green on the cowling and canopy frames of the aluminum planes so the pilots weren't blinded by glare.

Here's a couple snapshots of a lighter Osmium.

Osmium Lite 1.png

Osmium Lite 1a.png

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes I know it has, big rig trailers have metal sides and such. The problem is for a car, the driver would get blinded from the sun glaring off the hood, mirrors, etc. During WW2, they had to put flat black or flat dark green on the cowling and canopy frames of the aluminum planes so the pilots weren't blinded by glare.

Here's a couple snapshots of a lighter Osmium.

View attachment 2788
View attachment 2789
Looks too bling bling to me.
Something a rapper might drive, though it would need much larger wheels of course. 😜

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If this is a color, and since I'm likely not getting an FE from what my dealer says, then this is what I would pick! Reminds me of the older colors on some of the 360 Modena's that looked so good.
Osmium Silver 1a.png

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'd never heard of Osmium before, but after looking at images of it on an internet search, it's a cool looking metal. Only problem is, it's highly reflective, as in mirror-like. That's not practical on a car, so I'm not sure how they're going to handle the reflectivity. I've chosen to soften it and give it more of a sheen instead of a mirror surface. It will be interesting to see what they decide to do with it. It also can have either a bluish tint to it, or a lunar grey/white tint. I like the bluish aspect so that's what I went with. It's also going to be heavily influenced by the environment around it. I may do some renders for different times of the day. These are early morning renders.

View attachment 2767
View attachment 2768
View attachment 2769
View attachment 2770
@Eagle7 has a job again!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@Eagle7 has a job again!
LOL yeah, just what I need, another job. Seriously though, this has been (and is) fun to do.

Working through the list here's what I've come up with for Aspen White and Zinc Gray.

Aspen White.png

Zinc Grey.png

And here's a couple of Dark Verdant, one in day and one in night. It does of course go completely black at night.

Dark Verdant Day.png

Dark Verdant Night.png

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
i'm really digging the ejiva solar flare and dark amethyst alot might be worth waiting alittle longer then the 13 otherwise it's vivid red for me .

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Eagle, the DVGreen is really tempting me back from my Nimbus submission... But while Im not normally a white car fan the Emira looks stunning in white.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
From my previous thread "Dipping into the Lotus colour back catalogue", Lotus have a history with similar shades to dark amethyst, pretty sure it featured on Elises too. Looks proper 70s on this Elite!

elite purple.jpg

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I was watching a video of the Evija, and I noticed the LOTUS letters on the back of the car light up, and I was thinking that would be a cool effect for the Emira.

LOTUS light.png

I was going to light up the rear license plate, but I don't see anything on the model that would be a plate light. Does anybody know where it is? Did they ever have the plate lit up at a showing? Any pictures of it?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was watching a video of the Evija, and I noticed the LOTUS letters on the back of the car light up, and I was thinking that would be a cool effect for the Emira.

View attachment 2898

I was going to light up the rear license plate, but I don't see anything on the model that would be a plate light. Does anybody know where it is? Did they ever have the plate lit up at a showing? Any pictures of it?
Here you go:

emira-plate-lights.png

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 2898

You can see the 2x plate lights above the plate in this pic, plus the reversing camera in the middle. I think the thin clear plastic lens in the middle below the plate is the reversing light. Also a good shot of how flat the underside of the car is.

20211124_134436.jpg