The 13 Emira Colors

Thanks everyone for such a great supportive forum!
I have learnt so much over the past few months so I wanted to finally give back a little.

I know everyone is really keen to know what 13 colors will be available after the First Edition! I know I was.

Well it looks like they included them within the public configurator setting files. It literally took 2 minutes to find in a web browser for those that are tech literate.

Here goes:

First Edition - 6 colors:
Color NamePaint Type
Seneca BlueMetallic
Magma RedMetallic
Shadow GreyMetallic
Nimbus GreyMetallic
Dark VerdentMetallic
Hethel YellowSolid

Interestingly the additional colors are marked as V6 FE colors, but that can't be as we would have been told that they are available by now.

Base Edition additional 7 colors:
Color NamePaint Type
Meridian BlueMetallicNew color?
Atlantis BluePearlescentExisting Lotus color
atlantis-blue.pngatlantis-blue-emira.png
Basically the blue version of Dark Verdent
Cosmos BlackMetallicShould be a nice deep black with silver speckle?
Osmium SilverMetallicThis could be a silvery aqua blue!
osmium-metal.png
Real Osmium Metal
Vivid RedSolidBright red seen at Hethel?
vivid-red.png
Zinc GreySolidThe gray Emiras recently seen at Hethel? Probably like nardo gray or a little bit like crayon? I call it undercoat gray. :ROFLMAO:
nardo-grey.png
Aspen WhitePearlescentExisting Lotus color
aspen-white.png

Also for the interior, looking at the settings file it seems that there will be a black leather with yellow stripe and black leather with red stripe option. I think you can see the yellow stripe on black leather on a head rest in the configurator videos if you look very closely. 😀

I bet this puts a rabbit in the hat for some of us! However the FE colors are really beautiful so you can't go wrong.

Happy Emira driving!

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wow, this looks great in white, especially with the black mirrors!

Now we have a clear understanding of where we need PPF on the side of the car! :)

That front bumper looks interesting! Is that both the Euro and Chinese plate holders or the front bulge will actually be ADAS? Here we go again discussing ADAS on a colour thread!
It’s most definitely ADAS, always was.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
i4 validation car out in the wild. They’re putting some miles on them👍

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Think i remember tom saying that white one is going to be the test mule for the press.
Yes, there’s a white one being used for the Top Gear review. But not the one in these pictures, which is an i4 non-production car.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, there’s a white one being used for the Top Gear review. But not the one in these pictures, which is an i4 non-production car.
@TomE How do you know its an I4 Tom?

Oh and weren't you promising to give us more info on the I4?? ("i4 development status and the surprise engine modification"). What's the "surprise"? :)

berengun

Reaction score
I like it in white!
And I like the wheels, so if they are the standard ones, more money left for petrol ;)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This really illustrates how the airflow pulls grunge up the side. Looks like small front mud flaps might be a good idea. I'd hate to have any of that grunge pulled up and into the intake. I wonder what the back of the car looks like. Might not be a bad idea to get small mud flaps for the rear wheels too.

As far as colors, after having spent a GREAT deal of time studying the colors on the FE samples, I've come to realize that not only are these premium paints, they're not ordinary. As with everything else, it looks like there's been some advances in paints over the years. These have to be multi-process layered paints; I'm guessing at least 4-5 layers. It looks like there's a base, a metallic layer, a tint layer, and either one or two layers of clear. By layers I mean they are applied that way. These aren't just ordinary metallic paints. This is the kind of thing that would require a state-of-the-art paint system.

While I know some are complaining about the color choices, these are going to look stunning out in the real world. They have the depth and reflectivity of very expensive custom lacquer paint jobs, which aren't even legal to do anymore (the paints contain substances that can't be used). These may even be FE only, as I suspect they aren't cheap. I know some of these exotic paints can cost thousands, just for the paint itself.

Something else to consider; although people thought these new colors were just relabeled old colors, it turns out they aren't. Since this is a new state-of-the-art paint system, they can (and may have to) use current state-of-the-art paints that possibly require a system like this to use. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the other colors that will be added, are new paints as well. Those other color names may be references as kinda-sorta like.

The colors on these new paints are rich, and the clears especially reflect like expensive, buffed-out lacquer clears. If the FE colors are only for the FE, that would be fine, but if they're still available as an option, I suspect they're going to be quite expensive, as in thousands to add.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My Yaris just decided to slam the brakes on at 40mph going uphill with a car behind me (thought the car to my right and parked car to the left were a collision 💥 hazard) They can be too obtrusive sometimes!
Aha, glad someone else has been subjected to the GRY's demonic PCS (Pre-Collision System)! This happened when I was going downhill, but, fortunately, there was no one behind me...

Also, having to switch off the lane departure warning every single time is also an annoyance, and would have simply hated it had it been a daily driver.

ADAS on the Emira - no thank you.

Back to colours...

Emira does look good in white - wonder whether this is Aspen White as indicated via the revised configurator?

Lotus should install mud flaps as they did as standard for the Exige, which does a good job of keeping mud spatter down.
Mud Flaps.jpg

Last edited:

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The colors on these new paints are rich, and the clears especially reflect like expensive, buffed-out lacquer clears. If the FE colors are only for the FE, that would be fine, but if they're still available as an option, I suspect they're going to be quite expensive, as in thousands to add.
There was an article in Autocar mag here in the UK last week about the writer being given the opportunity to spec the new Ferrari SF90 press car. Cost of the Giallo Triplo Strato paint: £15,600 :eek: Hopefully Lotus won't be charging quite that much!

Incidentally other hilariously priced Ferrari options include titanium wheel nuts £960, Carbon boot trim £4300, Carbon engine trim £4500, and Apple Car Play £2400. Makes the FE Emira seem bargain basement :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@TomE How do you know its an I4 Tom?

Oh and weren't you promising to give us more info on the I4?? ("i4 development status and the surprise engine modification"). What's the "surprise"? :)
It has the ADAS sensor pod, so can't be a V6 (let's not get back into that debate!).

I should get the i4 write up finished today 👍

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It has the ADAS sensor pod, so can't be a V6 (let's not get back into that debate!).

I should get the i4 write up finished today 👍
Ah got it, that makes sense!

Thank you Tom, appreciate you’re super busy juggling multiple things and yet keep selflessly helping this community!

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So the front plate holder is still an afterthought, like on the Evora.
Held on with self-tapping screws into the bodywork.
Disappointing. Surely they could have made more of an effort?

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It's not at all certain and there are lots of reasons: technical, cost, supply chain, chip availability, legislation, customer order volumes etc. I think Lotus want to have it as an option on i4 base but have not confirmed that yet. We'll know in March.
Hmmm. That would be an interesting way to think about it. I would have thought their production plans would follow from their original design intentions. The chip shortage came after the conception and design of the car, right? During their design and production planning stages, wouldn’t it have made sense to make ADAS (as an example) an available option for any configuration? If you want it, you choose it, if you don’t want it then you don’t choose it. Likewise, I don’t know much about modern manufacturing, which is to say I don’t know anything really, but aren’t these cars essentially identical except for power plant/trans chosen, cosmetic choices and options selected by the buyer? Shouldn’t any configuration accept any available option with equal facility? Also, aren’t they being produced on autonomous platforms (not a traditional assembly line) routed through the factory with assembly happening in stages at discrete stopping points by a few technicians? Wouldn’t that make it possible for each car to be fitted with any combination of options? I get that supply chain issues could impact availability, but don’t see how it impacts capability. I guess I just don’t understand their manufacturing process. But if you are only going to make ADAS available for one form factor, what is the point of offering it at all? Since my tone might not be easily discerned from text…I’m stating deliberately that I’m being neither snide nor argumentative. Just perplexed by a strategy that would limit availability of an option desired by many (the daily driver crowd) to just one build configuration. That makes no sense to me, as it leaves potential profit margin on the table. Thanks.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sorry, I thought I'd been clear. Here's the current position:
- V6 FE: no ADAS
- i4 FE: probably will have ADAS as standard or might be an optional extra, to be confirmed in March
- V6 Base: almost certainly won't have ADAS but if it does will be an optional extra, to be confirmed in March
- i4 Base: may have ADAS and if it does will be an optional extra, to be confirmed in March
Oh, I get it now. This makes much more sense. Thanks.

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This really illustrates how the airflow pulls grunge up the side. Looks like small front mud flaps might be a good idea. I'd hate to have any of that grunge pulled up and into the intake. I wonder what the back of the car looks like. Might not be a bad idea to get small mud flaps for the rear wheels too.

As far as colors, after having spent a GREAT deal of time studying the colors on the FE samples, I've come to realize that not only are these premium paints, they're not ordinary. As with everything else, it looks like there's been some advances in paints over the years. These have to be multi-process layered paints; I'm guessing at least 4-5 layers. It looks like there's a base, a metallic layer, a tint layer, and either one or two layers of clear. By layers I mean they are applied that way. These aren't just ordinary metallic paints. This is the kind of thing that would require a state-of-the-art paint system.

While I know some are complaining about the color choices, these are going to look stunning out in the real world. They have the depth and reflectivity of very expensive custom lacquer paint jobs, which aren't even legal to do anymore (the paints contain substances that can't be used). These may even be FE only, as I suspect they aren't cheap. I know some of these exotic paints can cost thousands, just for the paint itself.

Something else to consider; although people thought these new colors were just relabeled old colors, it turns out they aren't. Since this is a new state-of-the-art paint system, they can (and may have to) use current state-of-the-art paints that possibly require a system like this to use. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the other colors that will be added, are new paints as well. Those other color names may be references as kinda-sorta like.

Magna Red is back as a possibility for me (vyng with Hethel Yellow) due to it being more attractive than the fire red exige sat in the shadows at Rybrook Birmingham. The drawback of such paint is that a smart repair must be more difficult, making PPF (which would be a first for me) potentially essential.

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So the front plate holder is still an afterthought, like on the Evora.
Held on with self-tapping screws into the bodywork.
Disappointing. Surely they could have made more of an effort?
Less than ideal, but if Lotus simply offered some body coloured little plastic capsto cover the holes, we're the plinth removed, would be a cheap fix.