The 13 Emira Colors

Thanks everyone for such a great supportive forum!
I have learnt so much over the past few months so I wanted to finally give back a little.

I know everyone is really keen to know what 13 colors will be available after the First Edition! I know I was.

Well it looks like they included them within the public configurator setting files. It literally took 2 minutes to find in a web browser for those that are tech literate.

Here goes:

First Edition - 6 colors:
Color NamePaint Type
Seneca BlueMetallic
Magma RedMetallic
Shadow GreyMetallic
Nimbus GreyMetallic
Dark VerdentMetallic
Hethel YellowSolid

Interestingly the additional colors are marked as V6 FE colors, but that can't be as we would have been told that they are available by now.

Base Edition additional 7 colors:
Color NamePaint Type
Meridian BlueMetallicNew color?
Atlantis BluePearlescentExisting Lotus color
atlantis-blue.pngatlantis-blue-emira.png
Basically the blue version of Dark Verdent
Cosmos BlackMetallicShould be a nice deep black with silver speckle?
Osmium SilverMetallicThis could be a silvery aqua blue!
osmium-metal.png
Real Osmium Metal
Vivid RedSolidBright red seen at Hethel?
vivid-red.png
Zinc GreySolidThe gray Emiras recently seen at Hethel? Probably like nardo gray or a little bit like crayon? I call it undercoat gray. :ROFLMAO:
nardo-grey.png
Aspen WhitePearlescentExisting Lotus color
aspen-white.png

Also for the interior, looking at the settings file it seems that there will be a black leather with yellow stripe and black leather with red stripe option. I think you can see the yellow stripe on black leather on a head rest in the configurator videos if you look very closely. 😀

I bet this puts a rabbit in the hat for some of us! However the FE colors are really beautiful so you can't go wrong.

Happy Emira driving!

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This makes absolutely no sense.
So...
FE V6- No ADAS
I4 FE- YES ADAS
V6 BASE- No ADAS
I4 Base - No ADAS

Why were they even advertising the ADAS if this is true?
The Emira reveal press release mentioned ADAS but didn’t say which cars it would be fitted to, or whether it would be standard or optional.

It was not included in the published V6 FE specification. Specifications for the other models have not been published or confirmed yet.

The Head of ADAS at Lotus has said they intend to make ADAS available at some point on future cars.

There are technical reasons why ADAS isn’t on the V6 cars.

There is a major chip supply issue affecting the whole industry and many manufacturers are having to stop offering affected systems or incur major delays.

We don’t know what factors are affecting the decisions by Lotus.

Don’t shoot the messenger :)

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
if car manufacturers would just use higher end chips and more consolidated, less prone to break singular systems, they would have no impact on chip shortages. Frustrating to see a company rely on a year 2000 designed chip or worse and whine about unavailability.

anyways, I like the FE colors more, so I will keep my build. (if i ever get it, which might be 2049 for an allocation)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus aren’t whining about availability. They’re one of the few manufacturers not highlighting chip availability as a reason for delays.

Try ordering cars from Volvo, Jaguar, Toyota, Porsche and many others and see what the lead time is.

Try ordering IT infrastructure components from hardware vendors. This issue isn’t confined to car manufacturers and won’t stabilise for at least 2 years.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Lotus aren’t whining about availability. They’re one of the few manufacturers not highlighting chip availability as a reason for delays.

Try ordering cars from Volvo, Jaguar, Toyota, Porsche and many others and see what the lead time is.

Try ordering IT infrastructure components from hardware vendors. This issue isn’t confined to car manufacturers and won’t stabilise for at least 2 years.
they seem not to be, and they should not have to be impacted at all. Only the cheapo companies or lazy high end companies have issues with them, as they use ancient chips and 0 engineering progress. I am really hoping that Lotus unifies their electrical systems in this model. Mini cooper did it long ago, it uses USB cables for all sorts of things in the car, electrical problems and chip shortages I have not seen an impact at all (i am into them, fun cars and comfy).

I hope that a +100million pound investment, that is designed to prepare for electric flying turds, *typo: EV's i meant, would mean that they did that with their electronics. Not to deviate too much from paint, but my dream is that they used modern computers and digital signal only systems, along with a toyota engine and transmission, along with their new aluminum bonding, analog steering, and other nifties to make this a bulletproof car by defacto. I really am banking on this car to be awesome. I think it is going to be the home run car of the 2020's.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
He means only the i4 FE will have ADAS and all the other bits you mention. It is not on the V6 FE and was never intended to be on the V6 models, and we don't yet know if it will be on the i4 BASE.
Certainly it will be an option for I4 base. Why would you develop ADAS but only include it on one of the four Emira build options? That makes no sense to me. I’m wondering also if ADAS could somehow be a dealer installed option down the road.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
if car manufacturers would just use higher end chips and more consolidated, less prone to break singular systems, they would have no impact on chip shortages. Frustrating to see a company rely on a year 2000 designed chip or worse and whine about unavailability.

anyways, I like the FE colors more, so I will keep my build. (if i ever get it, which might be 2049 for an allocation)

There’s a good reason they use older chips. - proven, tested robustness and reliability over years (this includes the software written for these chips).

My iPhone freezes or restarts now and again, I don’t think you’d want your car doing that on the highway…

Reactions: ADC

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
@TomE i don’t think any of the unhappy sentiments are directed at you. I personally am very appreciative of your contributions to the forum. I think we’re also mindful that without your help we’d have a lot less information to be unhappy about.

The staggered release of information isn’t ideal, not especially information critical to the purchase of a car that’s yet to be launched. For example, we’re making decisions on which suspension set-up to fit to our cars with only 2nd / 3rd hand feedback from people who haven’t even been in the cars. We’re also choosing between engines we have no concrete performance data or figures on. It’s simply not possible to make an informed decision. Imagine the situation if we didn’t have you and the other very helpful members here sharing formation with us and relying just on Lotus’s official communication.

There should be an event of sorts with all reasonable information made available before builds start getting locked (which has apparently started).

Loutus have done a lot right with the emira - enough to have thousands of us put deposits in but there have been some curious decisions. I for one wasn’t even aware of the ADAS omission which I assumed would be included in a ‘special’ launch edition.

I guess it’s why they say this should be an emotional decision, it certainly hasn’t been a rational one for me.

Last edited:

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
We / you don't know yet if i4 Base will have it or not, that information has not been released. Personally suspect it will be some of the features will be options rather than included.
OK so you just meant ADAS offered as standard as opposed to options then? I thought you were saying it may not be offered at all on everything but the I4 FE, which makes no sense to me.
The Emira reveal press release mentioned ADAS but didn’t say which cars it would be fitted to, or whether it would be standard or optional.

It was not included in the published V6 FE specification. Specifications for the other models have not been published or confirmed yet.

The Head of ADAS at Lotus has said they intend to make ADAS available at some point on future cars.

There are technical reasons why ADAS isn’t on the V6 cars.

There is a major chip supply issue affecting the whole industry and many manufacturers are having to stop offering affected systems or incur major delays.

We don’t know what factors are affecting the decisions by Lotus.

Don’t shoot the messenger :)
i have always known the V6 FE would not have ADAS, however, my understanding was that the base V6 would from what my dealer had said. Hence one of my reasons for waiting for the base V6 version. I really want the BSM.
So when he said that basically nothing would have ADAS except the I4 FE, I was confused. Wasn't trying to be argumentative, just looking for clarification. I realize you can't tell tone from text, but I really was trying to understand how that could be possible. This is obviously nobody here's doing. I just didn't understand how that made any sense. Maybe I misunderstood the post?

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My honest opinion (not worth much, I know 😊) is that Lotus introduced the Emira too soon. A lot of people's frustrations wouldn't be so great if they had a more organized, informative and timely introduction.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Totally correct Tom. Being in the insurance world, you may be aware of some significant fires and natural catastrophe losses impacting semiconductor businesses in the US and Asia going back to January 21. This is driving chip supply shortage.
I think lotus are doing a fine job in managing supply (as are Tesla) as many new cars still have 12-18 month lead in times. One upside is you can sell your current car at a premium. 😀

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Is Adas things like Lane control, radar warning for objects in front etc?
If so, I too don't want them. I drove a friends Kona the other day and it bleeped at me constantly when I was just trimming corners etc.
Yes. Fine I guess for a daily driver commute car, but not necessary on this car I'd say.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Certainly it will be an option for I4 base. Why would you develop ADAS but only include it on one of the four Emira build options? That makes no sense to me. I’m wondering also if ADAS could somehow be a dealer installed option down the road.
It's not at all certain and there are lots of reasons: technical, cost, supply chain, chip availability, legislation, customer order volumes etc. I think Lotus want to have it as an option on i4 base but have not confirmed that yet. We'll know in March.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@TomE i don’t think any of the unhappy sentiments are directed at you. I personally am very appreciative of your contributions to the forum. I think we’re also mindful that without your help we’d have a lot less information to be unhappy about.

The staggered release of information isn’t ideal, not especially information critical to the purchase of a car that’s yet to be launched. For example, we’re making decisions on which suspension set-up to fit to our cars with only 2nd / 3rd hand feedback from people who haven’t even been in the cars. We’re also choosing between engines we have no concrete performance data or figures on. It’s simply not possible to make an informed decision. Imagine the situation if we didn’t have you and the other very helpful members here sharing formation with us and relying just on Lotus’s official communication.

There should be an event of sorts with all reasonable information made available before builds start getting locked (which has apparently started).

Loutus have done a lot right with the emira - enough to have thousands of us put deposits in but there have been some curious decisions. I for one wasn’t even aware of the ADAS omission which I assumed would be included in a ‘special’ launch edition.

I guess it’s why they say this should be an emotional decision, it certainly hasn’t been a rational one for me.

Don't worry, I don't take it personally! (well, I do for the appreciation - thanks!)

What seems to be overlooked sometimes is this is a car not yet in production. Plus we have an unprecedented situation affecting all global manufacturing businesses. We shouldn't underestimate the impact of Covid on capacity, lead times and predictability. And the related issues with logistics and shipping delays and uncertainty. It's also affecting regulatory approval processes.

Normally with a pre-production reveal only a small group of people get the opportunity to place orders ahead of production. So only a small group have to make decisions on limited information.

For Emira, Lotus had to take a gamble in publicising a pre-prod car 10 months before first customer deliveries. If they hadn't done that they would not have been able to get component supplies in place or start gearing up for a second shift. If they had waited until after type approvals, we'd be looking at first customer deliveries in Nov/Dec 2022 (and probably at an uncertain pace) and a 2-3 year waiting list.

It is only a relatively small group (about 500-600 people) who have had to lock in specifications before having full information. They have been given options to cancel orders if there is anything they don't like between now and 30 days before delivery. They can also change specification, with the consequence of delaying delivery by a month or two.

Everyone else will have more information, including press driving reviews and many more photographs of cars, before they have to lock in specifications. Anyone who wants to wait for a test drive can do that, provided they accept it means a delay to their delivery. It doesn't mean dropping out and joining the back of the queue. No one is being forced to buy early if they don't feel comfortable.

I agree Lotus could have published more information sooner. They have chosen not to - it's been a conscious decision by them, not unplanned incompetence as many are assuming. It's resulted in a lot of speculation, frustration and agonising. But the actual consequence for almost everyone is minor. Perhaps if you're trying to make a decision between an Emira and an alternative that also has a waiting list then you've got some time constraints. In which case maybe enjoy that other alternative and circle back to an Emira later.

The sense of impatience we're seeing also signifies a positive aspect for me. Large numbers of people are excited about the Emira, are hungry for information and can't wait to see, drive and own one. That's amazing, for a car that only two people outside Lotus have driven and where we have no hands-on press reviews yet.

Have patience future Emira-nauts, it's going to be epic :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
OK so you just meant ADAS offered as standard as opposed to options then? I thought you were saying it may not be offered at all on everything but the I4 FE, which makes no sense to me.

i have always known the V6 FE would not have ADAS, however, my understanding was that the base V6 would from what my dealer had said. Hence one of my reasons for waiting for the base V6 version. I really want the BSM.
So when he said that basically nothing would have ADAS except the I4 FE, I was confused. Wasn't trying to be argumentative, just looking for clarification. I realize you can't tell tone from text, but I really was trying to understand how that could be possible. This is obviously nobody here's doing. I just didn't understand how that made any sense. Maybe I misunderstood the post?
Sorry, I thought I'd been clear. Here's the current position:
- V6 FE: no ADAS
- i4 FE: probably will have ADAS as standard or might be an optional extra, to be confirmed in March
- V6 Base: almost certainly won't have ADAS but if it does will be an optional extra, to be confirmed in March
- i4 Base: may have ADAS and if it does will be an optional extra, to be confirmed in March

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Is Adas things like Lane control, radar warning for objects in front etc?
If so, I too don't want them. I drove a friends Kona the other day and it bleeped at me constantly when I was just trimming corners etc.
Agree not on my priority list and I turn them off on my other car as annoying !

OP
T

TheStig

Reaction score
Now that we cleared up all the ADAS questions, does anyone have any more info or thoughts about the additional 7 colors? :D

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It is only a relatively small group (about 500-600 people) who have had to lock in specifications before having full information. They have been given options to cancel orders if there is anything they don't like between now and 30 days before delivery. They can also change specification, with the consequence of delaying delivery by a month or two.
This is where I'm at and bar having 5k tied up, I don't think you can really complain.
I'm generally happy with everything now and figure I can wait to see the actual colours in photos/video, read and view the first road reviews, see what demand is like for the first cars and then still decide what I want to do:
a) Cancel
b) Take the car in June and run for 6-12 months, sell and then spec another for future delivery how I really want it
c) LOVE ❤️ it and use it!
Really isn't a lot not to like....
😀