The 13 Emira Colors

Thanks everyone for such a great supportive forum!
I have learnt so much over the past few months so I wanted to finally give back a little.

I know everyone is really keen to know what 13 colors will be available after the First Edition! I know I was.

Well it looks like they included them within the public configurator setting files. It literally took 2 minutes to find in a web browser for those that are tech literate.

Here goes:

First Edition - 6 colors:
Color NamePaint Type
Seneca BlueMetallic
Magma RedMetallic
Shadow GreyMetallic
Nimbus GreyMetallic
Dark VerdentMetallic
Hethel YellowSolid

Interestingly the additional colors are marked as V6 FE colors, but that can't be as we would have been told that they are available by now.

Base Edition additional 7 colors:
Color NamePaint Type
Meridian BlueMetallicNew color?
Atlantis BluePearlescentExisting Lotus color
atlantis-blue.pngatlantis-blue-emira.png
Basically the blue version of Dark Verdent
Cosmos BlackMetallicShould be a nice deep black with silver speckle?
Osmium SilverMetallicThis could be a silvery aqua blue!
osmium-metal.png
Real Osmium Metal
Vivid RedSolidBright red seen at Hethel?
vivid-red.png
Zinc GreySolidThe gray Emiras recently seen at Hethel? Probably like nardo gray or a little bit like crayon? I call it undercoat gray. :ROFLMAO:
nardo-grey.png
Aspen WhitePearlescentExisting Lotus color
aspen-white.png

Also for the interior, looking at the settings file it seems that there will be a black leather with yellow stripe and black leather with red stripe option. I think you can see the yellow stripe on black leather on a head rest in the configurator videos if you look very closely. 😀

I bet this puts a rabbit in the hat for some of us! However the FE colors are really beautiful so you can't go wrong.

Happy Emira driving!

Last edited:

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My honest opinion (not worth much, I know 😊) is that Lotus introduced the Emira too soon. A lot of people's frustrations wouldn't be so great if they had a more organized, informative and timely introduction.
From a customer point of view this is undoubtedly true. They would have been far better waiting 6 to 9 months until the Emira was fully developed and press cars were available. However, from a business perspective it made perfect sense for Lotus to launch the car early, gauge the level of demand, and ramp up procurement, staffing and production accordingly.

We have to remember what a leap of faith it was for Lotus and Geely to commit a huge amount of money to the Emira. The Evora sold in tiny numbers, yet somehow they made the business case for the Emira to be produced at more than 10 times the volume. That was a brave move, so I'm inclined to cut Lotus a bit of slack on the launch timing. Plus I have to admit that in spite of the frustrations over poor communication/lack of information I am hugely enjoying the lengthy build up to ownership :)

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This is where I'm at and bar having 5k tied up, I don't think you can really complain.
I'm generally happy with everything now and figure I can wait to see the actual colours in photos/video, read and view the first road reviews, see what demand is like for the first cars and then still decide what I want to do:
a) Cancel
b) Take the car in June and run for 6-12 months, sell and then spec another for future delivery how I really want it
c) LOVE ❤️ it and use it!
Really isn't a lot not to like....
😀
Ditto

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I would rather stab myself in the face than have any "ADAS" on my vehicle.
I agree with this...except the blind spot monitoring. That's the only thing I really want from it. All else is worthless. Wish you could pick the stuff Ala cart.

Last edited:

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sorry, I thought I'd been clear. Here's the current position:
- V6 FE: no ADAS
- i4 FE: probably will have ADAS as standard or might be an optional extra, to be confirmed in March
- V6 Base: almost certainly won't have ADAS but if it does will be an optional extra, to be confirmed in March
- i4 Base: may have ADAS and if it does will be an optional extra, to be confirmed in March
Yes, I was partially understanding you correctly and that's why I was very confused. According to what you wrote, the only car to come with ADAS is the I4 FE. But I didn't realize you meant that it COULD be offered as an option for the other cars. That makes more sense. Thank you! 😊

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Can’t understand how you could hate driver safety aids to point of stabbing yourself. Do you also only buy cars without ABS? Maybe disable the airbags too?

They are safety systems and they save lives. Nobody is infallible or a perfect driver. We’ve all had that moment where a few seconds too late and we’d have had an accident. If you feel so strongly switch them off but they certainly belong and are welcome In any modern car.

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Can’t understand how you could hate driver safety aids to point of stabbing yourself. Do you also only buy cars without ABS? Maybe disable the airbags too?

They are safety systems and they save lives. Nobody is infallible or a perfect driver. We’ve all had that moment where a few seconds too late and we’d have had an accident. If you feel so strongly switch them off but they certainly belong and are welcome In any modern car.
agreed. the tech has come a long way and it's honestly amazing what it can do. I'd never rely on it, but it's definitely nice to have.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

My Yaris just decided to slam the brakes on at 40mph going uphill with a car behind me (thought the car to my right and parked car to the left were a collision 💥 hazard) They can be too obtrusive sometimes!

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
i love switching that crap off lane departure is annoying if you drive spirited. I switch it off in my miata . Object warning light is ok but after driving the vette and a lot of miata's you learn to speed up to change lanes. Now braking keep that crap out of my cars.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I get that, no solution is perfect but overall it's an option and it'll help a lot more people than it'll hurt. Blind spot assist for example is a no brainer.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I thought this thread was about colours, why all this talk about ADAS?
I'm looking for the most analog driving experience out of my Emira, that's why I'm specing a manual transmission.
I could care less about ADAS, as I don't care if my car can parallel park for me etc.
I put convex mirrors on all my side view mirrors, so I don't need blind spot monitoring.
The simpler the better, analog baby.
Guys, if your looking for a car with multiple drivers aides, adoptive cruise control, autonomous driving systems, then the Emira is NOT the car for you, it's "For The Drivers", and you're better off getting yourself a Tesla.
Now back to the 13 colors.😉
I have a color question, will the white be metallic or pearlescent?
Not interested in regular standard white.
Pearlescent would be awesome.

Last edited:

jmn444

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Guys, if your looking for a car with multiple drivers aides, adoptive cruise control, autonomous driving systems, then the Emira is NOT the car for you, it's "For The Drivers", and you're better off getting yourself a Tesla.
I guess Lotus didn't get that memo since they are building the cars with this option lol

Reactions: xen

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If you are distracted, these ADAS help. If you are focused fully, they absolutely distract. It is important to know what and who you are. Everyone has a certain level concentration ability. My relaxing hobby is driving, it focuses me. I only drive sport cars. The closest thing to a sedan was a 2006 mini cooper S in manual gearbox.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If you are distracted, these ADAS help. If you are focused fully, they absolutely distract. It is important to know what and who you are. Everyone has a certain level concentration ability. My relaxing hobby is driving, it focuses me. I only drive sport cars. The closest thing to a sedan was a 2006 mini cooper S in manual gearbox.
I couldn't agree more, and a sports car like the Emira is a focused drivers car, nannies in this vehicle or unnecessary.