• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Request: Metallic White Paint

G

Guest142

Hello,
I genuinely hope by making such a public appeal in this manner I am not offending anyone. It is my hope that the people at Lotus who have worked tirelessly on designing the Emira truly understand how incredibly grateful we are that they've done such a fantastic job and blown away I think we all are at how phenomenal and strikingly impressive it is.

Without getting too personal I can say this purchase for me is one that is extremely close to the heart.

Having said that, I would like to (if I may) make one request. I think many would agree that Metallic White paint would be simply a gorgeous paint color for the Emira. I am raising my hand and humbly requesting Metallic White as sincerely as I possibly can.

Lotus, can we make that happen?

Buzz

Reaction score
Hello,
I genuinely hope by making such a public appeal in this manner I am not offending anyone. It is my hope that the people at Lotus who have worked tirelessly on designing the Emira truly understand how incredibly grateful we are that they've done such a fantastic job and blown away I think we all are at how phenomenal and strikingly impressive it is.

Without getting too personal I can say this purchase for me is one that is extremely close to the heart.

Having said that, I would like to (if I may) make one request. I think many would agree that Metallic White paint would be simply a gorgeous paint color for the Emira. I am raising my hand and humbly requesting Metallic White as sincerely as I possibly can.

Lotus, can we make that happen?
Then you need to see this....pretty close to what you are looking for I think:

Buzz

Reaction score
Then you need to see this....pretty close to what you are looking for I think:
Sorry, wouldn't copy the link. Go to Lotus Emira Owners Group on Face Book..there are some renderings there in diferent colours including white which looks awesome....

OP
G

Guest142

Sorry, wouldn't copy the link. Go to Lotus Emira Owners Group on Face Book..there are some renderings there in diferent colours including white which looks awesome....

The Metallic White really takes it to a whole different level. Just stunning beauty.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure white will be available after the initial 6 colors of the First Editions... Apparently there are 13 additional colors planned.

Attachments

• 6090EFAF-9702-4994-BE22-1EF8A575ACF5.jpeg
    6090EFAF-9702-4994-BE22-1EF8A575ACF5.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 120
OP
G

Guest142

I'm sure white will be available after the initial 6 colors of the First Editions... Apparently there are 13 additional colors planned.
I will be getting one of the First Editions. I'm really hoping Lotus can revise the original 6 colors and make white the 7th.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I will be getting one of the First Editions. I'm really hoping Lotus can revise the original 6 colors and make white the 7th.
Me too, but I highly doubt it. I'm even considering waiting for a white one... it all comes down to pricing for me. We'll see what they officially release as far as pricing and packages next month.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think they must be planning white and black amongst the 13 follow-on colours. I spoke to some of the production team at Goodwood about colours, as I really wanted Laser Blue or a metallic/pearlescent yellow on an FE but not even available as a special premium option. They talked about why these colours weren't being included in the 6x FE, which hinted they would come later. The 6 for FE seem fixed now.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting.. Did they say why they are only offering 6 options initially? I remember a video stating that the new Hethel factory has the world's most advanced paint station (or something along those lines).

OP
G

Guest142

I think they must be planning white and black amongst the 13 follow-on colours. I spoke to some of the production team at Goodwood about colours, as I really wanted Laser Blue or a metallic/pearlescent yellow on an FE but not even available as a special premium option. They talked about why these colours weren't being included in the 6x FE, which hinted they would come later. The 6 for FE seem

I think they must be planning white and black amongst the 13 follow-on colours. I spoke to some of the production team at Goodwood about colours, as I really wanted Laser Blue or a metallic/pearlescent yellow on an FE but not even available as a special premium option. They talked about why these colours weren't being included in the 6x FE, which hinted they would come later. The 6 for FE seem fixed now.

Thank you for this reply. Since I'm really not drawn to or connecting with the 6 FE colours I may have no choice but to have it painted metallic white aftermarket (which I really do not want to do). It's such a beautiful car. Can someone help with email addresses for Russell Carr & Matt Windle? Maybe they can help us with this?

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't stress until we actually learn what colors will be available. That should be sometime next month!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’m pretty sure you’ll get white as an option, but not on an early car and possibly not on any FE.

I tried the lines about being a loyal and long-standing customer, very early deposit holder, happy to pay a premium for a bespoke colour (which you’ve been able to do on previous cars) and was told no on an FE.

I also pointed out about the brand new state of the art paint system and how it let them change colour easily between individual cars. They said they are totally focused on quality, knowing they need to get it right on the early cars going to press reviewers and first customers. So they are limiting the colours to 6 for at least the first 3 months. This is so they can prove all the production and quality assurance processes, including painting, finishing and inspection. In July they were still undecided on when the 13 colours would come in, but later info looks like it will be for non-FE cars.

I know it’s frustrating for people who want more colour options. It is for me, as I have a very early slot but now feel I will have a difficult decision between getting an early car in an OK colour or waiting for more colours.

In theory you could wrap or repaint an FE, but not sure that’s worth spending money to do.

I’m holding on for the Sept update, when we’ll get more info on specs, colours and timeframes.

OP
G

Guest142

I’m pretty sure you’ll get white as an option, but not on an early car and possibly not on any FE.

I tried the lines about being a loyal and long-standing customer, very early deposit holder, happy to pay a premium for a bespoke colour (which you’ve been able to do on previous cars) and was told no on an FE.

I also pointed out about the brand new state of the art paint system and how it let them change colour easily between individual cars. They said they are totally focused on quality, knowing they need to get it right on the early cars going to press reviewers and first customers. So they are limiting the colours to 6 for at least the first 3 months. This is so they can prove all the production and quality assurance processes, including painting, finishing and inspection. In July they were still undecided on when the 13 colours would come in, but later info looks like it will be for non-FE cars.

I know it’s frustrating for people who want more colour options. It is for me, as I have a very early slot but now feel I will have a difficult decision between getting an early car in an OK colour or waiting for more colours.

In theory you could wrap or repaint an FE, but not sure that’s worth spending money to do.

I’m holding on for the Sept update, when we’ll get more info on specs, colours and timeframes.

OP
G

Guest142

Thank you Tom.

I appreciate the detailed explanation. I'll then have to choose between Hethal Yellow, Nimbus Grey, and Magma Red. I am still very excited and grateful to be in the position to make this purchase. And am incredibly happy that Lotus built the Emira at a price range I can afford. Thanks again for helping me understand.