• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Metallic White Render

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
A render of what the Emira could look like in metallic white.
8DA4F7B6-1883-4551-A746-E40813CF4C90.jpeg

Rammie

Reaction score
White would actually be my preferred colour option. I would think it would be one of the colour options after the first edition colours have been reeased.

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I usually don't like white cars either but this really would make a pretty nice looking "stormtrooper" with black pack and the black wheels.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think this is spectacular! I too am not a big fan of white cars, and this photo has compelled me to think about why. I think it’s this….white is the most common color for cars these days, and let’s face it, most cars in production presently are appliances almost completely devoid of personality. They are boring, and despite teeing a car enthusiast I sometimes have a difficult time telling one model from another. In thinking this through, that’s not an indictment of the the color, but of the cars to which it is applied. The Emira is sexy, no doubt. It’s color scheme will either enhance, hide or be agnostic toward this. When viewed in this way, a white exterior works beautifully on Emira. It accentuates its lines and plays with light to make its curves almost glow. A little metallic flake will only bring this out more. White maximizes contrast where it occurs to make even minor features more noticeable and special. And I believe it evokes a traditional quality to what is a distinctively modern design, elevating it to a timeless status. While other colors may be beautiful by today’s tastes, well kept white always will be. There are other colors that do the same…silver, red, BRG, yellow, and black, for example. That’s why we see them over and over again on virtually every model of sports car. Perhaps they invoke tradition and pride in a shared past. I’m learning as I get older that change can be good, but certainly not always, and often things are dramatically worse once the dust settles on change. Tradition, stability, standards, conservation, timelessness…….these things have an important place in our lives, and are all the more important to me as time passes. I configured my car initially in magma red with a tan interior, but as I’ve seen renderings of more traditional choices such as Hethel yellow with the black pack and alloy wheels, or BRG with a tan interior, I’m rethinking that. I have a reasonably early build slot with toy local dealer, but more and more I’m thinking I will defer my purchase until I can get exactly what I want rather than settling for what I can have. A few extra months of waiting is a small price to pay….life is long. Cheers everyone.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sorry for my typos and auto correct mistakes above. Hopefully the themes come through despite the distractions.

Also, can I say that this is really the first time I’ve seen these wheels and actually liked them. I know this puts me in the minority, but without a color to draw my eye away, I actually notice them now. Their delicate lines now match the car to which they are affixed. There’s a balance there. Really nice rendering, and for me was super instructive.

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That really is a fantastic render in white. It’s making me rethink the Nimbus Grey and what to do if there’s a white self spec option. I’m just wondering what percentage of people who placed deposits will defer their purchase by a little while just to be able to pick a colour other than the initial six. Right now, it sounds like it might be quite high….

Reactions: Rob

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That is a silver Emira in the background, but I will be extremely interested in a metallic white Emira! My wife has Metallic White Silver on her Golf and it’s a nice colour that more white in the sun and carries a greyish/silver tone on cloudy days. A Pearl white will be nice too!

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I too think it's silver, interestingly probably not a shade in the current FE offerings. The closest I see based on config is nimbus grey, which doesnt look like that

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is it one of the clay styling models? They’re usually covered in a silver foil.

weepel

Reaction score
Awesome, great render! I'm strongly considering having mine vinyl wrapped as I'm not certain I'm in love with any of the FE colors. If I go the wrap route, I'm considering a pearl white with black pack equivalent (and black wheels), or perhaps something along the lines of Audi's Nardo Grey

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Awesome, great render! I'm strongly considering having mine vinyl wrapped as I'm not certain I'm in love with any of the FE colors. If I go the wrap route, I'm considering a pearl white with black pack equivalent (and black wheels), or perhaps something along the lines of Audi's Nardo Grey

So.... Nimbus grey then? Looks very similar in the configurator at least - maybe slightly less of a blue tint?.....
Untitled.jpg