Not even going to get a date for my FE i4 till early 2023!

TrickeeKiYay

Reaction score
I put my deposit down 11th July, holding out for an i4. Just received this from Lotus. Probably means another year wait😬. Think I’ll get something else in the meantime.

00BE2998-6528-41D8-AE76-4F4720856511.jpeg

as7920

Reaction score
Had same email.
November 2022 completion for December 2022 delivery. FB groups reporting their dates too.

DenzilP

Reaction score
Had same email.
November 2022 completion for December 2022 delivery. FB groups reporting their dates too.
Snap, i4 completed in November 2022, delivery in December (it will be a nice xmas present) timing is perfect for me. initial deposit pre goodwood, 7th July 2021. Sorry to hear you won't get yours @TrickeeKiYay till next year, hopefully it will be January for you.

OP
T

TrickeeKiYay

Reaction score
Now I’ve calmed down and read it again, I don’t know whether it’s saying they hope my car will be completed early 2023, or in early 2023 they will confirm when it will be completed (so could be December 2023). I’ve emailed them to get clarification.

andyss

Reaction score
Now I’ve calmed down and read it again, I don’t know whether it’s saying they hope my car will be completed early 2023, or in early 2023 they will confirm when it will be completed (so could be December 2023). I’ve emailed them to get clarification.
I think yours is saying that early next year they hope to give you your build date, which will be later in the year.

My (V6 FE - deposit Sept 2021) email is similar but slightly different - mentioning car completion in spring 2023 and estimated month earlier. I'm just happy to have some communication! (y)
1651674613315.png

I assume you're i4 base, as it doesn't mention the configurator link?

OP
T

TrickeeKiYay

Reaction score
I4 FE - not been contacted to select my configuration yet (don’t think any I4 FE folks have?).

Russc

Reaction score
Looks like i just missed out on the first batch then. I placed on the 19th July. I had heard on the factory tour that i may well have made a car in 2022.

This email, i`ve had the same, suggests that i won`t hear until early 2023 when my build date is, let alone when it might arrive.

Will need to consider this new detail. Might be the end of the road for this one and a claim for the deposit back.

Singularity

Reaction score
When did you place your order?
I’ve had the 2023 e-mail too; order was placed on the 9th July so it looks like sometime over Goodwood timeframe is the cutoff for 2022 i4 FE deliveries.

To be honest, given everything going on in the car world and the month on month slippage for lots of marques and models, I was fully expecting the ‘Autumn 2022’ initial marketing pitch to slip into 2023.

I keep reminding myself of what my Grandmother used to say - ‘All good things come to those who wait!’.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Another delayed message - Nov build Dec delivery. i4 FE ordered 8th July, only 3 days before the OP but I guess a very busy 3 days for deposits.

Russc

Reaction score
i`ve read it that they will tell us in early 2023 when the estimated build date is. So no guarantee that we won`t get to early (we all know that early doesn`t mean anything and usually late) 2023 and they say late 2023

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
11th July.

I'd give them a call as you should be able to get a link and specify your car now..... and hand over £3000 as well. I sent a message and got a pretty prompt response from them with a custom link to the configurator.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As part of being a Lotus Emira priority customer we are keen to update you on the progress of your new Lotus Emira.

Your Emira is scheduled to be completed in 2023, we hope to be able to confirm an estimated month early 2023. Over the coming months we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in.

We know you have been waiting and are excited to receive your new Emira, but please be assured that it will be everything you’d expect and more from a Lotus car.

Yours sincerely,

Lotus Cars

Received this email too. I’m going for the i4FE ( at the moment) but if ,in the new year ,they say it will be late then I may opt for base i4. I didn’t put my deposit down until 12 September

Emira2023

Reaction score
As part of being a Lotus Emira priority customer we are keen to update you on the progress of your new Lotus Emira.

Your Emira is scheduled to be completed in 2023, we hope to be able to confirm an estimated month early 2023. Over the coming months we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in.

We know you have been waiting and are excited to receive your new Emira, but please be assured that it will be everything you’d expect and more from a Lotus car.

Yours sincerely,

Lotus Cars

Received this email too. I’m going for the i4FE ( at the moment) but if ,in the new year ,they say it will be late then I may opt for base i4. I didn’t put my deposit down until 12 September
Snap…and oh snap. Knew this was going to happen (hence my username 🤣🥺). Good things and all that as previously mentioned on this thread.

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I just spoke to customer care about the possibility of changing from V6FE which is due delivery in December 2022 to i4FE. 1st deposit 31st July. He basically confirmed I’d have a long wait well into 2023 as they are only delivering 125-150 ish i4FE to uk in 2022.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So with an 8th July (Goodwood Thursday) first deposit I appear to be early in the i4 FE build schedule. 2nd deposit made and config link (proactively) completed 12th April.

Just had the email below from Lotus confirming that specification will be locked on 1st July for November build and December delivery! 🙂
1651678465433.gif

1651678539463.png