Anyone thinking about the "Final Edition" in a few years?

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Since I missed the cutoff for a V6 FE 2.0, I went for a March production I4 but I've already placed another deposit of a "Final Edition" V6 manual.. The I4 will be on a 3 year lease and I'll time the delivery for the V6 on lease end (or sooner if they decided to stop V6 production early). I will then place another deposit on a "final Edition" I4 (hopefully with at least 400hp) to be deliver whenever they decided to close down ICE production. The FE I4 will probably be my daily while the FE V6 manual will be for my collection and driven maybe a couple weekends every month.

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You already have a V6 FE on order. Right? In that case it totally make sense.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
An I4 final edition would be quite interesting in the power department, but I personally would still find a manual transmission to be the biggest draw. They could maybe release a 430HP version of the V6 with a manual/IPS like the Evora GT 430, and strip it down for weight savings, add some carbon, wild colors, etc. I'd be interested in one of those.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I did the same (2nd deposit for Final Edition V6) over a year ago. No idea if that'll happen, just a hedge.

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I did the same (2nd deposit for Final Edition V6) over a year ago. No idea if that'll happen, just a hedge.

So you'll have both a First Edition and a Final Edition? Both V6?

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So you'll have both a First Edition and a Final Edition? Both V6?

Yes. I would sell the First Edition and keep the presumably better sorted and higher performance Final Edition car. Also assuming the color choices are better. All big assumptions on my part.

At that point I might even put a deposit on the Type 135.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, I'll be in again if/when there's a upgraded R/GT/Final Emira version with all the carbon bells and whistles. As long as it's offered with 3 pedals. Otherwise, I'm keeping my Evora GT.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You already have a V6 FE on order. Right? In that case it totally make sense.
Yes FE.1 hopefully here by mid December
Also have a 2021 Evora GT
Probably keeping that one it’s a fantastic car
Wife is not happy but she understands my mentality

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think it’s unlikely they’ll do a heavily modified final V6. A modest power upgrade, a wing and splitter and some special edition trim maybe.

But big changes to bodywork, like the Evora GT430 carbon panels, would mean having to redo type approval and crash testing or go for low volume special approvals process. That’s harder these days than when they did the GT430, which they initially offered in the US but failed to get approvals for.

I’ve got a placeholder deposit in too but doing modifications to a used V6 FE or Base may get to a better car than what Lotus offer as a GT/S/Final. I also think it will be hard for them to do a better car (to my criteria) than the GT430.

It’ll be a different story if Lotus Advanced Performance offer a road legal Emira GT4. But I think that’s unlikely and would be £150-175k if they did one.

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I will certainly be considering a future edition, maybe a final edition of sorts, or something sooner... Really interested in what they do with the I4 tbh

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm thinking they'll just release little black "NAL" stickers to adhere to the side badges.

1699397186977.png

OP
Wiz33

Wiz33

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just found an interesting Chinese I4 (405hp) video with track footage.. Kinda gives an idea what we might see on a "Final Edition" I4 in a few years. Most interesting is the standing tracks position in the second half of the video against a bunch of other cars on the same track.

Last edited: