North America Emira Experiences

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Nope. just what i was told at the first test drive when asked about it. Lotus might not have even come out with anything official at that point.

Oh, well I'd regard that as even less reliable than what a dealer has recently provided. I looked on the Emira roadside assistance website and it doesn't mention mileage limitations:

I also just called the roadside assistance number and the gentleman told me there are no mileage limitations.

OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Went to Cars and Coffee in Morrisville today near Raleigh (Well over 2,000 people/cars attend). It was the first one for the Emira as I got it just after last month's C&C. I saw a DV there and my friends said they spotted another Nimbus but I wasn't able to see it.

The attention was INSANE. Right when I parked I was swarmed with smiling faces all wanting to see/talk about the Emira. I dare say it got more attention than the McLaren's and Ferraris around it. Probably lots has to do with its rarity/newness, but people just seem to LOVE this car. I had countless people walk up and give me thumbs up and tons of people around saying stuff like "that is the most beautiful car I've ever seen." I was also given an invitation to an invite-only car show at a local country club and the organizer asked me at least three times to "please, please bring this car to the show."

Nobody knows what it is. I heard one guy standing next to it telling his friends "they only made 50 of these" and another guy saying "it has a monster twin turbo 4 cylinder in it". It was quite entertaining listening to the erroneous-yet-confidence-filled comments about the car.

I didn't even take any pictures (oops) but the Emira had at least 100 photos taken of it today. I'll see if I can find some and post them here as they pop up on Facebook and such.

What a fun time this morning in the Emira!
Here we go, someone from the Cars and Coffee team captured us while leaving the event!

435058732_10229709231527773_4155406002848516729_n.jpg

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Oh, well I'd regard that as even less reliable than what a dealer has recently provided. I looked on the Emira roadside assistance website and it doesn't mention mileage limitations:

I also just called the roadside assistance number and the gentleman told me there are no mileage limitations.
I wish people would verify information such as the "fictitious" 150 mile limit before stating as fact. Better to pass along no information than bad information. Thanks for clearing that up

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I wish people would verify information such as the "fictitious" 150 mile limit before stating as fact. Better to pass along no information than bad information. Thanks for clearing that up
Oh, I blame Lotus. They should have communicated this better, offering an authoritative source for facts. It's no one's job to keep up with all of the conflicting bits of info floating around.

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Oh, I blame Lotus. They should have communicated this better, offering an authoritative source for facts. It's no one's job to keep up with all of the conflicting bits of info floating around.
That's why posters should "verify" information before typing on their keyboards. bad info is worse than no info....

Last edited:

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's why posters should "verify" information before typing no their keyboards
Thats why I initially said "I believe" it was 150 and further explained it. That is what I was actually told by a Lotus dealer at the time. Dealers say lots of things that are later proven false by someone on here with better information.
If I had said it is officially 150 and stated as a fact you would be correct.

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thats why I initially said "I believe" it was 150 and further explained it. That is what I was actually told by a Lotus dealer at the time. Dealers say lots of things that are later proven false by someone on here with better information.
If I had said it is officially 150 and stated as a fact you would be correct.
whatever...you put it out there. It would be appreciated if you got your fact straight

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Edited original post to not confuse some people.
Here we go, someone from the Cars and Coffee team captured us while leaving the event!

435058732_10229709231527773_4155406002848516729_n.jpg
Really nice image!!!

Finally passed 600miles no issues. Really enjoying the car..Stating to look for stupid reasons to drive anywhere..
Enjoying all the unexpected attention..
two groups; those who know and can’t believe their actually see one, and those who have not clue but love the way it looks.

Pictures and videos don’t really capture the essence of the Emira. It really is a head turner. Truly beautifully sculptured .

FYI live 360 miles away from my dealership. Was told it would be trucked in if it broke down. Also they will provide a loaner when I drive in for service…

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Is there any issue buying the car from one dealer and getting it serviced at a different dealer? I don't believe so under warranty correct?

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is there any issue buying the car from one dealer and getting it serviced at a different dealer? I don't believe so under warranty correct?
I called a dealer that opened up 45 minutes away from us and asked this specific question to be sure… they said they would perform warranty work with no problem.

The original dealer is 6+ hours away.

Deeznuss

Reaction score
Greatly enjoying hearing and reading about everyone enjoying their new Emiras! Happy for all of you and living vicariously through your adventures! I'm likely still a few months out from my delivery and not sure if this is the right place for this question, but here goes. I currently live just 12 minutes from the nearest Lotus dealer but the wife wants us to move to a city 500 miles away to be closer to our adult son, potentially putting me and my new Emira a good 7 hour drive from said closest dealer. Short of getting a new wife, which I've contemplated, and considering I know quite a few of you have driven your cars home quite a ways from the dealer where you picked it up from (and maybe also own or have owned previous Lotus cars at a similar distance from the dealer), how has this experience been and how do you deal with this when it comes to service? I'm of course especially concerned near term with all the new car bugs which may require frequent trips to the dealer but also longer term. Any thoughts you could share on this would be appreciated.
I’m also about 12 mins away from my local Lotus dealership. Here’s my math:

Close Proximity to dealership + Warranty - brand’s reputation for reliability = I’m buying it.
Greatly enjoying hearing and reading about everyone enjoying their new Emiras! Happy for all of you and living vicariously through your adventures! I'm likely still a few months out from my delivery and not sure if this is the right place for this question, but here goes. I currently live just 12 minutes from the nearest Lotus dealer but the wife wants us to move to a city 500 miles away to be closer to our adult son, potentially putting me and my new Emira a good 7 hour drive from said closest dealer. Short of getting a new wife, which I've contemplated, and considering I know quite a few of you have driven your cars home quite a ways from the dealer where you picked it up from (and maybe also own or have owned previous Lotus cars at a similar distance from the dealer), how has this experience been and how do you deal with this when it comes to service? I'm of course especially concerned near term with all the new car bugs which may require frequent trips to the dealer but also longer term. Any thoughts you could share on this would be appreciated.
I also live 12 minutes away from my local Lotus dealership. Here’s my math:

Close proximity to dealership + 3 year warranty - Brand reputation for poor reliability = I’m buying an Emira

For me if the first input changes significantly the math doesn’t work and I’m not buying an Emira. Hope that helps.

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m also about 12 mins away from my local Lotus dealership. Here’s my math:

Close Proximity to dealership + Warranty - brand’s reputation for reliability = I’m buying it.

I also live 12 minutes away from my local Lotus dealership. Here’s my math:

Close proximity to dealership + 3 year warranty - Brand reputation for poor reliability = I’m buying an Emira

For me if the first input changes significantly the math doesn’t work and I’m not buying an Emira. Hope that helps.
That was similar to my calculation as well…but for me the math only works for quickly resolved issues…It has gone out the window as my car has sat at the dealership for the last 2 weeks without a resolution.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone noticed if their car's speedo is 'faster than actual'? Driving on the interstate going about 70-80 i was getting passed by everyone it seemed.
Have read some euro cars are designed to be about 5% over. Then other Euro cars say they are very close.
Havent hooked up my archaic GPS to see how they compare yet but plan to.

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've found from experience and other vehicle Forums that the closest dealership to where you live, isn't always the best dealership to have your vehicle work done; warranty or otherwise. Hopefully this Forum will help sort out which dealerships provide better service, both from a "treating you right" perspective (ie. a loaner vehicle while repairs are underway?), to having the best trained techs who can solve your particular problem by identifying it quickly and more importantly, properly correcting it. I've known people to drive a longer distance, to have a dealership they're confident in, work on their vehicle. Something to keep a watchful eye on, when starting your Emira journey.

Perhaps with fewer Lotus dealerships, these are "pie in the sky" thoughts, but anyone who repeatedly takes a vehicle to to the same place to solve the same problem, will identify with these comments.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed if their car's speedo is 'faster than actual'? Driving on the interstate going about 70-80 i was getting passed by everyone it seemed.
Have read some euro cars are designed to be about 5% over. Then other Euro cars say they are very close.
I’m 1 mph difference from my gps

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Better verify your info, lest someone’s knickers get bound up, thereby cutting circulation to their Huevos.

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks @Nova and everyone else for the dialog on "distant" warranty service being covered by Lotus with towing, that makes me feel slightly better. Except maybe for....#1. What about routine maintenance especially during the warranty period? Going to need an oil change after break in right? And other routine services. Aren't you going to want Lotus working on it during this time? I assume this won't be covered by towing. Or will it? And #2, "towing" likely means on a flatbed, not a closed carrier, for hundreds of miles, to and from. Every service. Anyone with any experience with this, and any issues, damage, mishandling, etc?

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks @Nova and everyone else for the dialog on "distant" warranty service being covered by Lotus with towing, that makes me feel slightly better. Except maybe for....#1. What about routine maintenance especially during the warranty period? Going to need an oil change after break in right? And other routine services. Aren't you going to want Lotus working on it during this time? I assume this won't be covered by towing. Or will it? And #2, "towing" likely means on a flatbed, not a closed carrier, for hundreds of miles, to and from. Every service. Anyone with any experience with this, and any issues, damage, mishandling, etc?
Had my porsche transported via flatbed many times.
Not strapped correctly = wheel damage
Not loaded with the correct ramps = spoiler damage
You have to watch and make sure it is done correctly. I have a GTS with sports suspension and it’s really low.
The Emira has better clearance, but the wheels are much easier to damage. They are going to be harder to replace.
Upclose the wheel design is really cool.

FYI the brakes are amazing. Million times better than Porsche’s. Really powerful and incredible sensitivity.
Heard, read, saw video not remember source Ferrari, Bugatti both use similar brakes from the same supplier…

Emira forces you to learn to drive better!

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Had my porsche transported via flatbed many times.
Not strapped correctly = wheel damage
Not loaded with the correct ramps = spoiler damage
You have to watch and make sure it is done correctly. I have a GTS with sports suspension and it’s really low.
The Emira has better clearance, but the wheels are much easier to damage. They are going to be harder to replace.
Upclose the wheel design is really cool.

FYI the brakes are amazing. Million times better than Porsche’s. Really powerful and incredible sensitivity.
Heard, read, saw video not remember source Ferrari, Bugatti both use similar brakes from the same supplier…

Emira forces you to learn to drive better!
Ferrari uses Brembos like Porsche utilizes. I have PCCBs on mine, and they can stop a goddamn freight train!