North America Emira Experiences

Bear Dalton

Reaction score
Brave soul. You understand the magnetic attraction between grocery carts and automobiles? I'm still marveling at someone's Costco run (due to parking lot yahoos]. And dare I mention Home Depot.
A Driver's got to do what a driver's got to do.
Maybe we need a Thread:
"Places you wouldn't expect to see/take an Emira"
Brought one to Tractor Supply and got all kinds of looks, from disgust to amazement. Especially after throwing feed bags into the trunk lol

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Problems TEC
Which affects the communication WiFi Bluetooth, SOS plus a few other things.
Car has been in shop for 12 days
Dealership is still waiting on parts.
In all fairness this not their fault and they have kept me updated every other day
Here is what I know Lotus as a company are a bunch of F:;$&@$ assholes
No one at Lotus USA knows what the f:$& is going on. Lotus UK even less
I cannot get into specific details of what I do know.
Dealership has not been let know by lotus when the parts will get to them even though they have asked to be given some idea and been given none.
I think The parts are apparently coming from China.
I choose to wait as it’s a magnificent car
But if my issue and other issues with other owners persists I believe many will return their cars.
They way lotus has handled things since launch is a total F up
They imo do not deserve to be in business
Thanks for listening to my rant but I am more than angry.
I’m fortunate that I have other cars while I wait. But what about others who only have 1 car.
I will keep updating. Again I can’t disclose all I know at the moment.

EDIT if anyone at Lotus reads this them maybe they will have the balls to DM or contact me to discuss my and other owners issues.
I make no excuses as to what I have said about Lotus Corporate

Last edited:

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Problems TEC
In all fairness this not their fault and they have kept me updated every other day
Dealership has not been let know by lotus when the parts will get to them even though they have asked to be given some idea and been given none.
But if my issue and other issues with other owners persists I believe many will return their cars.
I’m fortunate that I have other cars while I wait. But what about others who only have 1 car.

EDIT if anyone at Lotus reads this them maybe they will have the balls to DM or contact me to discuss my and other owners issues.

Why don't they stock replacement parts locally and parts they know are consistent with known issues? Having a car in the shop for 12 days because they are working on it for 12 days is one thing. Having it in the shop because they are waiting for parts is lame. Sorry for your experience.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Why don't they stock replacement parts locally and parts they know are consistent with known issues? Having a car in the shop for 12 days because they are working on it for 12 days is one thing. Having it in the shop because they are waiting for parts is lame. Sorry for your experience.
😂 it’s Lotus they do not give a shit about customers only how much money they can rake in

OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
😂 it’s Lotus they do not give a shit about customers only how much money they can rake in
Can you not pick it back up until the part arrives? I mean if the car is otherwise in perfectly drivable shape, I'd want to have it until they're ready to actually fix it.

I do feel for you and your experience. I'd be annoyed as well. I'm thankful that so far my Emira seems to be relatively flawless minus some very minor annoyances. Not saying this to put salt in the wound but rather to hopefully encourage you and others that I think the majority of these cars in the U.S. seem to be quite solid from what I can gather based on reviews thus far.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Problems TEC

Sorry to hear this.
Unfortunately it looks like the problems we are having for spare parts in Europe are reproduced.
There is something really weird going on here.
Until December 23, spare parts under warranty where normally authorized and delivered from UK in one week´s time.
In January they changed the spare parts main distribution center for Europe from UK to somewhere in Netherlands. At the beginning, month of January, the dealer could not even order anything due to the logistics change. But this has gone further away, some internal fight for approval of warranty related supply deliveries between Hethel and Europe seems to be going on on top of any logistics issues. Some customers in Spain have been waiting for more than three months for spare parts of well identified issues, like faulty steering pumps, or as simple as TPMS sensors.
I hope somebody up there takes immediate action, otherwise with the latest delivery of cars in US, this issue will become a huge problem for the brand.
Loos like patience is the only way to go right now, although it is not acceptable at all.
Only positive is that the car is so enjoyable to drive, that makes you forget about everything once you drive it.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Can you not pick it back up until the part arrives? I mean if the car is otherwise in perfectly drivable shape, I'd want to have it until they're ready to actually fix it.
I can but it continually goes into limp mode so not worth picking up

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this.
Unfortunately it looks like the problems we are having for spare parts in Europe are reproduced.
There is something really weird going on here.
Until December 23, spare parts under warranty where normally authorized and delivered from UK in one week´s time.
In January they changed the spare parts main distribution center for Europe from UK to somewhere in Netherlands. At the beginning, month of January, the dealer could not even order anything due to the logistics change. But this has gone further away, some internal fight for approval of warranty related supply deliveries between Hethel and Europe seems to be going on on top of any logistics issues. Some customers in Spain have been waiting for more than three months for spare parts of well identified issues, like faulty steering pumps, or as simple as TPMS sensors.
I hope somebody up there takes immediate action, otherwise with the latest delivery of cars in US, this issue will become a huge problem for the brand.
Loos like patience is the only way to go right now, although it is not acceptable at all.
Only positive is that the car is so enjoyable to drive, that makes you forget about everything once you drive it.
Parts are now apparently coming from China not UK or Europe
Yes great to drive have done 700 miles in the 1 weeks I had the car.
The problems have only arisen since the update in January for US cars that CARB insisted on

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My car has been in service at the dealership for 10 days and they can’t even tell me why the Check Engine Light is on…not enough information in the codes that were thrown. Case escalated to Lotus Engineering over a week ago and Lotus has not reached out to my dealer.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My car has been in service at the dealership for 10 days and they can’t even tell me why the Check Engine Light is on…not enough information in the codes that were thrown. Case escalated to Lotus Engineering over a week ago and Lotus has not reached out to my dealer.
I feel for you, this is what I was getting at, Lotus Corporate does not give a hoot about customers.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
class action law suit against Lotus coming soon? I have a feeling there are some US congressman would love to stick it to a Chinese EV firm...

In more seriousness, the lack of parts and service from both what Bilbao (EU) is saying and what US customers are now experiencing, it seems Lotus for the last two years of production have not seriously looked at fixing the Emira's bugs. I mean how many ppl are employed at Lotus UK and they are only making 1 vehicle. It is beyond disappointing hearing this, but not surprising. Too many forum members here have left the Emira due to these exact reasons. I am also surprised that dealers have not gotten together and pressure Lotus more, and I mean in a legal way, not just talk.

1stLotus

Reaction score
Given the various issues I’m seeing, curious as to what everyones plan is if you mod the car, I.e. Grp pipe, miltek valve controller, etc. and need to bring the car in for warranty. Any concerns? Leave it as is? Return it to stock?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Brought one to Tractor Supply and got all kinds of looks, from disgust to amazement. Especially after throwing feed bags into the trunk lol
100% going to be doing the same. Can someone tell me if a bag of wood shavings fit? Fine or flake, doesn't matter. 😁
"On this week's episode of Will It Truck?, it's time to move firewood with an exotic sports car. Will the trunk fit more than 8 pieces of split hickory? Will exceeding the 50kg weight limit destroy the rear subframe of the car? Stay tuned to find out!"

1000031674.jpg

1000031673.jpg

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you need help navigating the corporate structure at Lotus USA and getting directly to the right person, send me a PM. Happy to help.

Climber

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
"On this week's episode of Will It Truck?, it's time to move firewood with an exotic sports car. Will the trunk fit more than 8 pieces of split hickory? Will exceeding the 50kg weight limit destroy the rear subframe of the car? Stay tuned to find out!"

View attachment 40645
View attachment 40646
Love your post!
Went to Home Depot to buy 2 fans and faucets. The faucets fit fine in the back was hoping to get one fan kit in the back. No go. The front seat and foot well took the fans. Glad I was alone…
The Home Depot guy working the the pickup area said the car was beautiful. The lady at the check out asked if it was fast. Breaking in the car and getting use to drive it.
I think that most people are not having problems consequently not visiting the forum. Just enjoying after the long wait.

Cars will get fixed it will take a little time..

zoomdaddy

Reaction score
Problems TEC

I feel for you and the dealer.
My Emira is driving extremely well, even more so after the initial break-in. Its performance characteristics are refreshingly different from other sports cars I've owned.
Wishing the same outcome for you.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For those who may have been scandalized by my previous post, let me set your mind at ease: there was no firewood loaded into the brand new Emira. We hillbillies may be crazy, but we do have pickem-up trucks and such for that.
Yea, thanks for perpetuating the national stereotype of Virginia.