New UK (Staffordshire) Owner - Hello everyone

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Hi there

I ordered an Emira back in early last July and am expecting my car in June this year. My spec is as follows:
V6 FE Manual
Blue / Silver wheels / lower black pack / yellow calipers
Black & yellow interior / none privacy glass / tracker
Sports suspension with Goodyear tyres

EmiraStudio.JPG

The car joins quite a collection of other cars which includes a Ferrari 458, Exige 410 20th Anniversary, Boxster Spyder, GR Yaris, Aston Martin V8 Vantage and a 1978 Corvette Pace car.

245795206_5165315740151686_8548926851437371370_n.jpg

The Emira will for me be used as a daily driver, I also plan on potentially ordering another base i4 or V6 Emira once that is possible via the configurator if I really love the car come June.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi there

I ordered an Emira back in early last July and am expecting my car in June this year. My spec is as follows:
V6 FE Manual

View attachment 3090

The car joins quite a collection of other cars which includes a Ferrari 458, Exige 410 20th Anniversary, Boxster Spyder, GR Yaris, Aston Martin V8 Vantage and a 1978 Corvette Pace car.

View attachment 3091

The Emira will for me be used as a daily driver, I also plan on potentially ordering another base i4 or V6 Emira once that is possible via the configurator if I really love the car come June.
Nice collection. Got a picture of your 458??

OP
G

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Nice :) prefer this to the 488, reckon it will be a timeless design ... hopefully like Emira. Didn't fancy the full black pack on the Emrira?

Nope I don't like black exhaust tips and the roof I was 50/50 on so at £1200 option I declined as its cost around £400 to wrap a roof gloss black and is reversible if you don't like it so I saved myself £1200 and a lot of cars will be in launch spec with upper black pack and diamond cut wheels so nice to be a little different.

488 are very fast but having driven the 488 and F8 I found them somewhat boring at legal speeds, the 458 is far more an event to drive and a lot more engaging at lower speeds.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome! Nice spec for the Emira and a great collection of cars.

I've run out of storage space to extend my collection now, so it'll have to be one out/one in until I convince my wife to move house. Or buy a barn or warehouse somewhere.

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome! Nice spec for the Emira and a great collection of cars.

I've run out of storage space to extend my collection now, so it'll have to be one out/one in until I convince my wife to move house. Or buy a barn or warehouse somewhere.
I went down the warehouse route when I ran out of space at home.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi there

V6 FE Manual

View attachment 3090

View attachment 3091

👍🏻Nearly the exact spec as me. Only I went for silver callipers to prevent the eye being drawn to them.

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi there

V6 FE Manual

View attachment 3090

View attachment 3091

Welcome, and what a great collection! Is the Emira replacing something as a daily driver?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow what good taste - such a great collection of quality cars. Dare I say I’m highly jealous!

OP
G

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Welcome, and what a great collection! Is the Emira replacing something as a daily driver?

Right now what I am planning for the future is a little unknown.

The plan was to let the Exige go, but I am really enjoy the Exige as a track car, even as a road car it is such an event to drive, as such the plan was generally always get the Emira and then decide keep it and sell Exige or own the Emira for a few months and then sell it, but I may also consider selling the Aston and keeping the Emira.

Until I get the Emira I cannot really decide but I don't really want to add another car because at present with six cars taxing them annually, insuring them and servicing them is a rather large bill.

The Corvette is more a keeper as it literally cost practically nothing, been a historic vehicle road tax is free, insurance is like £100 and I service it myself which cost less than £50, it is reliable and replacement parts are very cheap, terrible fuel economy though like 12-15mpg.

The 458 is just on another level, so no plans to sell plus the way values are going soon it will be worth more than I paid and its around a grand a year in servicing, plus tax and insurance which is another £1500 all together.

GR Yaris is perfect daily, go shopping, all year round capable little hot hatch, it also cost very little, under £200 a year in servicing, £300 insurance and about £150 to tax with a ten year warranty, cheap motoring.

I love the Exige because it is cheap to run, 3yr service pack and warranty (2020 car), typically 25-30mpg plus on road, feels like you could track it every day, feels solid.

Aston is the odd one, but I do love it, looks and sound out of this world, not cheapest to run though, cost nearly as much as the 458 to be honest.

Boxster Spyder another very cheap car to run, servicing is every two years which is around £500, good economy, very reliable, cheap to insure and also feels a car you could drive on the track regular without issue, plus it is when Porsche were at their best, superb reliability, hydraulic steering, manual, 1275kg weight, ceramic brakes, 330HP its a bit of a monster, do prefer the Exige on track though feels even tougher and more visceral.

The Emira will be hard to let go because I estimate the servicing will be sub £500 per year because its just an Evora/Exige power train so running cost should be similar, 3yr warranty, OK economy and well supercar looks, great sound and should be a great steer.

Tough choice to make, but good to be in a position to make such a choice, I will probably come up with some amazing man maths and keep them all. :D

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Your thought process makes perfect sense. Aston vs Emira and Boxster vs Exige are probably the obvious “keep one of two” decisions. But man maths may rule the day!

I’m definitely keeping my Exige. It seems obvious to sell the Evora when the Emira arrives, but it’s tempting to keep it as it’s not depreciating and is pretty cheap to run.

OP
G

Gibbo205

Reaction score
Your thought process makes perfect sense. Aston vs Emira and Boxster vs Exige are probably the obvious “keep one of two” decisions. But man maths may rule the day!

I’m definitely keeping my Exige. It seems obvious to sell the Evora when the Emira arrives, but it’s tempting to keep it as it’s not depreciating and is pretty cheap to run.

With ICE cars coming to an end, inflation about to go crazy, I think the more special and collectable ICE cars won't really depreciate now and many will appreciate, even if a recession hits in a year or two certain ICE cars won't be impacted.

I paid 72k for my Exige last October, I feel its now a bargain, the cheapest advertised is 76k and has twice the mileage, no AIM dash, no upgraded sound, no soft top. Also the Lotus Emira configurator offered 68k as a trade in on my Exige based on it having 5000 miles (currently on 2915) so I feel if I do decide to chop in the Exige even at trade its cost me 4k to own an incredible car and put 3000 miles and a few track days on it with zero running cost, apart from oil change and alignment setup.

Very much doubt I will sell it though as I feel the 410, 420 and 430 cars are going to move up in value as they never sold in large volumes and you now can't buy a new one one any longer.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
With ICE cars coming to an end, inflation about to go crazy, I think the more special and collectable ICE cars won't really depreciate now and many will appreciate, even if a recession hits in a year or two certain ICE cars won't be impacted.

I paid 72k for my Exige last October, I feel its now a bargain, the cheapest advertised is 76k and has twice the mileage, no AIM dash, no upgraded sound, no soft top. Also the Lotus Emira configurator offered 68k as a trade in on my Exige based on it having 5000 miles (currently on 2915) so I feel if I do decide to chop in the Exige even at trade its cost me 4k to own an incredible car and put 3000 miles and a few track days on it with zero running cost, apart from oil change and alignment setup.

Very much doubt I will sell it though as I feel the 410, 420 and 430 cars are going to move up in value as they never sold in large volumes and you now can't buy a new one one any longer.
I am in a similar position, not so many cars, of course, but I need to take a decision to make space for the new Emira, or hire a new garage space (live inside the city)
I own an old Aston DB9 (2007) with 100.000 kms. it's perfectly maintained and I enjoyed it a lot, but when I see what I can get for it right now (in the environment of 55-60k Euros, I am temped to keep it along or even swap it for a 98 Esprit Turbo with 11.000 kms (75-80k Euros) or even Evora 410 Sport ´19 with 6.000 kms (90-95 k) Euros
I also own a Range SVR 2016 with 70,000 kms which is my daily and might keep it for a couple of years more or even consider to swap it for a type 132.
Very complicated decision, I always lost a lot of money with change of cars.

What do you think in the market for the DB9, will they go up in price in near future (2-3 years) or will have to wait 10 years more to start seen real appreciation once it really becomes a classic?

Shall I sell it now at a big loss? (150k Euros loss)

Any feed back is welcome.