Emira Fan
Reaction score
OP
1stczechemira

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Some amazing pics, seriously jealous.

How are you feeling about the car nearly one month in and by the looks of it quite a few miles covered? Have your initial impressions changed at all? Be good to get your thoughts as your are one of the only people who has the privilege of this time with the car.

Must say I enjoy my Emira more and more. Despite all reviews and issues. I bought it as a thing that makes me happy by the handling and sounds (an opposite of a Tesla and all the cars coming today) and looks (that's why I take pictures on every ride). If the car is 0.1 seconds faster or not or if there is some water flowing down when opening the tailgate... that aren't serious problems for me. I would appreciate when Lotus will come with some updates but it is not so essential...

I have already 2100 kms of my Emira, most of them on backcountry roads to run it in at the best way. The Sport mode is the one I use often. Good sounds, better response of the engine, maybe comsumption is a little higher (1 litre???/100 kms). I can already go to the red line for a short time, the sound in the north of 5500 rpms is perfect, I enjoy it!

The car drives as glued to the road, it seems to be "more glued" with the speed (especially at 180/200/220 km/h - I live near the German border so I tried the Autobahn too). Didn't try more than 230 km/h because of summer tires and temperatures under 10 (Celsius). The steering response is perfect. I don't use brakes at their limit, so about brakes I can't give a lot of info.

The accessories fitted on FE are a fine bundle, the KEF system could be better (it doesn't lack sound quality after setting of the strange equalizer to strange values but it lacks volume - very strange - the volume is the first thing even a simple system does perfect I think).

Feel free to ask me more ;)

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Must say I enjoy my Emira more and more. Despite all reviews and issues. I bought it as a thing that makes me happy by the handling and sounds (an opposite of a Tesla and all the cars coming today) and looks (that's why I take pictures on every ride). If the car is 0.1 seconds faster or not or if there is some water flowing down when opening the tailgate... that aren't serious problems for me. I would appreciate when Lotus will come with some updates but it is not so essential...

I have already 2100 kms of my Emira, most of them on backcountry roads to run it in at the best way. The Sport mode is the one I use often. Good sounds, better response of the engine, maybe comsumption is a little higher (1 litre???/100 kms). I can already go to the red line for a short time, the sound in the north of 5500 rpms is perfect, I enjoy it!

The car drives as glued to the road, it seems to be "more glued" with the speed (especially at 180/200/220 km/h - I live near the German border so I tried the Autobahn too). Didn't try more than 230 km/h because of summer tires and temperatures under 10 (Celsius). The steering response is perfect. I don't use brakes at their limit, so about brakes I can't give a lot of info.

The accessories fitted on FE are a fine bundle, the KEF system could be better (it doesn't lack sound quality after setting of the strange equalizer to strange values but it lacks volume - very strange - the volume is the first thing even a simple system does perfect I think).

Feel free to ask me more ;)
Thanks for the feedback and great to hear you are still loving it. Too much negativity on this forum most of the time. Buying my emira for the same reasons as you; not so fussed about 0-60 etc. Can’t wait for mine to arrive. Disappointing that the KEF system seems to be sub par, especially as it’s their first move into the automotive industry, seems strange they have got it so wrong as those guys know what they are doing. Wonder if this feedback is getting back to KEF and if it too late to do anything about it for future cars…..

Anyways thanks for the reviews and enjoy

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the feedback and great to hear you are still loving it. Too much negativity on this forum most of the time. Buying my emira for the same reasons as you; not so fussed about 0-60 etc. Can’t wait for mine to arrive. Disappointing that the KEF system seems to be sub par, especially as it’s their first move into the automotive industry, seems strange they have got it so wrong as those guys know what they are doing. Wonder if this feedback is getting back to KEF and if it too late to do anything about it for future cars…..

Anyways thanks for the reviews and enjoy
Over a week ago I contacted KEF about recommended sound profiles for the Emira, but the person that responded was from sales. They said they'd reach out to the engineering teams. After a week of no response, I emailed again on Friday with more details, including that the majority of feedback from people is that the KEF system isn't very good, which I know doesn't fit with their reputation. I realize the person I was emailing was in sales, and the questions I was asking weren't his area of responsibility, so I asked for a contact person in engineering that I would be able to communicate with. Hopefully sometime next week I'll get a response.

OP
1stczechemira

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hethel Yellow looks absolutely epic in the fall foliage.

I can add a few photos more...

20221112_164223.jpg

20221113_164634.jpg
20221113_164816.jpg

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
wow, the last 2 photos are excellent.
Clearly they would be better with a blue car, but you cant have everything :).
really beautiful the last photo, I would get it printed for my wall, if it was blue, I mean if I were you.
the rear license plate light seems the brightest light on the car.....
So you find the LED headlights good?

happy with diamond cut wheels? they look great.......

Hate to ask, but what kind of fuel eco are you getting so far? not great I imagine...
How many women have you had to fight off so far?
thanks for your updates, glad some of the EU customers are giving back to the forum to us poor Emiraless others

OP
1stczechemira

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
wow, the last 2 photos are excellent.
Clearly they would be better with a blue car, but you cant have everything :).
really beautiful the last photo, I would get it printed for my wall, if it was blue, I mean if I were you.
the rear license plate light seems the brightest light on the car.....
So you find the LED headlights good?

happy with diamond cut wheels? they look great.......

Hate to ask, but what kind of fuel eco are you getting so far? not great I imagine...
How many women have you had to fight off so far?
thanks for your updates, glad some of the EU customers are giving back to the forum to us poor Emiraless others

👍 👍👍 ... thanks!

The license plate light is very bright. You can even see some light from it on the ground.

LED headlights are very good/bright (but not equipped with a Matrix system or similar). Caution: the daytime lights are so strong that you can think you have the running lights on! There is an automatic regime too.

Diamond cut wheels were first choice for me. I would consider others if I intended to ride in the winter because this kind of wheels gets quickly worn under winter conditions. But my car is a "summer" car. Yes, it is November, I know... but don't want to park it in a garage when the temperatures are still 5+.

Drive with Verva 100 which is a premium 98 (!!! - marketing!!!) octan fuel. Between 9.5 and 16 (I mean litres per 100 kms, just for our British and American friends)... the first figure when you drive as you would go to your supermarket and the second using the power of the car a little. Can imagine a consumption of slightly over 20 when it is summer, +25, and you want to "race" at 3 am when the normal guys (not having a sports car) are sleeping. :cool:

Your last question: my wife didn't see the Emira yet. She acts like we don't have the car at home. She only mentions it asking "why shall we have that car?". 🤷‍♂️ (No other stories with women and Emira...)

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
OP
1stczechemira

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
HOLY MACKEREL, are you a professional photographer in your spare time?? 🤯😍 These are some of the most gorgeous car photos I've ever seen, and I've been looking at car photos every day for the past 7 years. Seriously, well done! Can I request full-resolution copies of the last two pictures to use as backgrounds on my 4K monitor? :)

Taken with a Samsung S22 Ultra. No tripod. No postprocessing. Just found the right place and the right time. Didn't rain for maybe 14 days so could go into that field. That's it :cool:

@eriegz You have a PM! Enjoy!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Taken with a Samsung S22 Ultra. No tripod. No postprocessing. Just found the right place and the right time. Didn't rain for maybe 14 days so could go into that field. That's it :cool:

@eriegz You have a PM! Enjoy!
Yeah, the second one with Emira pointing off towards the horizon is just as beautiful as the car itself. Thank you for posting these!

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Phones cameras + AI are getting so good these days, I think I'll sell my Leica M and use it to fund some PPF for the Emira.

Was out shooting 3 rolls of film in the fog this morning, camera failed on the last roll, damn phone camera's, these kids have no idea how easy they have it :LOL:

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Phones cameras + AI are getting so good these days, I think I'll sell my Leica M and use it to fund some PPF for the Emira.

Was out shooting 3 rolls of film in the fog this morning, camera failed on the last roll, damn phone camera's, these kids have no idea how easy they have it :LOL:
wait till my Emira arrives!
I might be using iPhone 17 by then 😂

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you expect Apple to release each new model in 3 years starting from now? :ROFLMAO:

(Sorry for that I have my beloved car already, I'm very sorry...)
don't be sorry at all, I envy you in the good sense, and it helps the loooong wait to see your car pics and all the comments about it. thanks