New member with first Czech Emira

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a new member here in the forum and want to share a few thoughts and pictures of my very new Emira V6 First Edition (manual gearbox). It was delivered yesterday as the first Czech Emira by my friendly dealership Lotus Car Prague.

My spec:
- V6 First Edition with 6speed Manual Gearbox
- Hethel Yellow
- Extended Black Pack
- Black Alcantara with Yellow Stitching
- Black Alcantara Steering Wheel
- 20-inch Diamond Cut Wheels
- Yellow Calipers
- Sport Suspension
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport Tyres

It's exactly that car shown a few posts above by Lotus Car Prague. They have got three Emiras as their first factory delivery, the other ones in Nimbus Grey with Ice Grey Leather and Dark Verdant with Red Leather. I'm sure the choice of Hethel Yellow in combination with Alcantara parts is the perfect choice for me awaiting a sports car (not a daily driver). In opposite the Nimbus Grey Emira with Ice Grey Leather could be the perfect daily driver...

I'm satisfied with my spec (ordered "blind", without seeing any Emira, in December last year). The only detail I'd review is the colour of the calipers, maybe black would be the better choice. The yellow colour of the calipers is similar with Hethel Yellow but doesn't match perfect (the match with the colour of the Lotus badge in the mid of the wheels is perfect). But: I'm very satisfied with the spec ;-)

Having first 300 kms on the odometer, I'm very satisfied with the character of the car too. The Sport Suspension is not very hard (recommended by Jiri Pich of Lotus Car Prague, I was afraid of it when ordering the car) and in my opinion it can be the optimal choice for all of you planning the car as a daily driver too (for all of you planning the Emira as a sports car the Sport Suspension is definitely perfect). I don't plan track use so the Goodyears should be sporty enough too. The Michelins may be tricky in wet conditions!

The suggestion of my friendly dealer is not to drive over 4500 rpms and not to use the sport and track mode within the first 800 kms so the power delivered today is not the final one. After first 300 kms I can feel the engine is more "smooth" and very pleasant to drive. I'm sure the power will be absolutely satisfying for me. I want to keep the car forever as an opposite for all the electric cars coming today (they will be our daily driver in the near future for sure).

After reading/watching a few reviews the Emira can be a lower performing car than another sports cars but for me it is a perfect combination of very good looking sports car (nearly supercar by the shape) with a famous brand, light structure, advanced aerodynamics, manual gearbox involving the driver and (maybe slightly limited) grand tourismo abilities. Not easy to find by another brands in the under 100.000 EUR category (fully equipped, incl. VAT).

I absolutely enjoy my new Emira ;-)

EmiraHY1.jpg
EmiraHY2.jpg
EmiraHY3.jpg

Last edited:

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hello,

I'm a new member here in the forum and want to share a few thoughts and pictures of my very new Emira V6 First Edition (manual gearbox). It was delivered yesterday as the first Czech Emira by my friendly dealership Lotus Car Prague.

My spec:
- Hethel Yellow
- Extended Black Pack
- Yellow Calipers
- Sport Suspension

It's exactly that car shown a few posts above by Lotus Car Prague. They have got three Emiras as their first factory delivery, the other ones in Nimbus Grey with Ice Grey Leather and Dark Verdant with Red Leather. I'm sure the choice of Hethel Yellow in combination with Alcantara parts is the perfect choice for me awaiting a sports car (not a daily driver). In opposite the Nimbus Grey Emira with Ice Grey Leather could be the perfect daily driver...

I'm satisfied with my spec (ordered "blind", without seeing any Emira, in December last year). The only detail I'd review is the colour of the calipers, maybe black would be the better choice. The yellow colour of the calipers is similar with Hethel Yellow but doesn't match perfect (the match with the colour of the Lotus badge in the mid of the wheels is perfect). But: I'm very satisfied with the spec ;-)

Having first 300 kms on the odometer, I'm very satisfied with the character of the car too. The Sport Suspension is not very hard (recommended by Jiri Pich of Lotus Car Prague, I was afraid of it when ordering the car) and in my opinion it can be the optimal choice for all of you planning the car as a daily driver too (for all of you planning the Emira as a sports car the Sport Suspension is definitely perfect). I don't plan track use so the Goodyears should be sporty enough too. The Michelins may be tricky in wet conditions!

The suggestion of my friendly dealer is not to drive over 4500 rpms within the first 800 kms and not to use the sport and track mode so the power delivered today is not the final one. After first 300 kms I can feel the engine is more "smooth" and very pleasant to drive. I'm sure the power will be absolutely satisfying for me. I want to keep the car forever as an opposite for all the electric cars coming today (they will be our daily driver in the near future for sure).

After reading/watching a few reviews the Emira can be a lower performing car than another sports cars but for me it is a perfect combination of very good looking sports car (nearly supercar by the shape) with a famous brand, light structure, advanced aerodynamics, manual gearbox involving the driver and (maybe slightly limited) grand tourismo abilities. Not easy to find by another brands in the under 100.000 EUR category (fully equipped, incl. VAT).

View attachment 9901View attachment 9902View attachment 9903
Wow, what an epic first post! Welcome to the forum, and a huge congratulations to you!! 🥳🎉 Also, congrats on being the forum's first Hethel Yellow delivery!

Seeing Emiras getting delivered to customers is so great, it warms my damn heart. It's a nice counter-balance to all the (completely understandable) moaning and complaining that's dominated this forum lately. :p

Thanks for sharing your new car with us, and for your write-up. So great to hear that you're enjoying it! :) Looking forward to more posts in the future.

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

My spec:
- Hethel Yellow
- Extended Black Pack
- Yellow Calipers
- Sport Suspension

The suggestion of my friendly dealer is not to drive over 4500 rpms within the first 800 kms and not to use the sport and track mode so the power delivered today is not the final one. After first 300 kms I can feel the engine is more "smooth" and very pleasant to drive. I'm sure the power will be absolutely satisfying for me. I want to keep the car forever as an opposite for all the electric cars coming today (they will be our daily driver in the near future for sure).

View attachment 9901View attachment 9902View attachment 9903

Amazing! Congrats and welcome to the forum (and family)! What other sport cars have you owned or driven? I'd love to hear some comparisons once you get past the initial break-in period and really get to enjoy the Emira. We still have 6 months (at least) until the first USA deliveries, so safe to say that I'll be living vicariously through those lucky enough to take these early deliveries!

One thing I'd love to know is if the wheel gap lessens (lowers) a touch after a few hundred kms. Please keep an eye on that and let us know!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Congrats!! Car looks great! Right now you're living the dream for all of us, and it's so good to read you love the car. Keep us updated on what it's like to live with an Emira. Good stuff.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome to the forum - talk about making an entrance! Congratulations on the car and I'm obviously very jealous as mine is a similar spec and repeatedly delayed, like many of us in the UK.

Those photos are great, love the lighting and it shows the more mustard tone of the Hethel Yellow when not in bright light.

Looking forward to hearing more about your driving and ownership experience as you get through the running-in miles.

Welcome to Team Hethel Yellow 💛

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Congratulations! I'm sure you are over the moon and reaffirms my interest in HY!

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,

My spec:
- Hethel Yellow
- Extended Black Pack
- Yellow Calipers
- Sport Suspension

View attachment 9906View attachment 9907View attachment 9908
She's a beauty! Congratulations and let us know how you like it in a few weeks...:)

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wow, what an epic first post! Welcome to the forum, and a huge congratulations to you!! 🥳🎉 Also, congrats on being the forum's first Hethel Yellow delivery!

Seeing Emiras getting delivered to customers is so great, it warms my damn heart. It's a nice counter-balance to all the (completely understandable) moaning and complaining that's dominated this forum lately. :p

Thanks for sharing your new car with us, and for your write-up. So great to hear that you're enjoying it! :) Looking forward to more posts in the future.
I too am happy to see folks getting their cars, but I'm a little confused about the order they are receiving them. What about that poor shmuck who has been waiting 3 years?? Did his dealer screw up and not put the order in right away?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I too am happy to see folks getting their cars, but I'm a little confused about the order they are receiving them. What about that poor shmuck who has been waiting 3 years?? Did his dealer screw up and not put the order in right away?
The cars we're seeing delivered to customers are all in Europe. The people with deposits placed before the July 2021 reveal are mostly in the UK, where first deliveries have been delayed and (we assume) de-prioritised compared to Europe.

The irony is the UK folks placed deposits direct with Lotus, whereas EU customers ordered through a dealer. Even within the UK deliveries, a lot of pre-reveal folks are not seeing their cars in the early batches. I believe some of the EU deliveries have also been out of sequence, but it's less visible.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It seems the parts supply situation has been so unpredictable and unreliable, that they're not able to build in order received sequence because they simply can't. They've now taken to building the cars they can based on the parts they have, regardless of when it was ordered so they can at least get some cars out and in customer's hands.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello,

My spec:
- Hethel Yellow
- Extended Black Pack
- Yellow Calipers
- Sport Suspension

View attachment 9906View attachment 9907View attachment 9908
Welcome and congratulations on your acquisition.
From your report the Emira czech`s all the right boxes.
Hope you can enjoy this Forum as much as the car.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Congratulations 🙂
Would love to see some more photos of the revised production alcantara seats if you have some 💛

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m doubting about this photos , maybe it’s from gran turismo 7 😂

OP
1stczechemira

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The cars we're seeing delivered to customers are all in Europe. The people with deposits placed before the July 2021 reveal are mostly in the UK, where first deliveries have been delayed and (we assume) de-prioritised compared to Europe.

The irony is the UK folks placed deposits direct with Lotus, whereas EU customers ordered through a dealer. Even within the UK deliveries, a lot of pre-reveal folks are not seeing their cars in the early batches. I believe some of the EU deliveries have also been out of sequence, but it's less visible.
I ordered my Emira with the Prague dealership and am the last (!) happy person who "catched" the initial quota of First Edition Emiras for the Czech Republic (I was told somewhere between 10 and 20 cars). My delivery is first in the row - maybe it can relate to the specification (which parts were available) but the other two cars delivered to the Prague dealership are absolutely different (colour, interior, no extended black pack, another wheels, calipers etc.).

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It seems the parts supply situation has been so unpredictable and unreliable, that they're not able to build in order received sequence because they simply can't. They've now taken to building the cars they can based on the parts they have, regardless of when it was ordered so they can at least get some cars out and in customer's hands.
Isn’t it more like lotus messed up with the approvals completely deprioritising UK 🇬🇧- they are even shipping RH to 🇦🇺 So they obviously do have RH parts. Lotus have blamed Brexit for their PP planning, with end result our lucky 🍀 European customers getting cars 10 months after order compared to the long suffering UK deposit holders still waiting after 3 years…. Lotus completley changed what they intended to do without informing the loyal customers to be prepared for these severe delays - which would of gave people the rightful opportunity of cancelling and going elsewhere rather than just stringing customers along on the hope they would be getting car 🔜

Congratulations car looks Fab thanks for sharing your initial views really helpful whilst we patiently wait to get our test rides 🚗 - keep us updated along the way to help keep our faith and muster back some enthusiasm

OP
1stczechemira

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Congratulations 🙂
Would love to see some more photos of the revised production alcantara seats if you have some 💛
A few photos of the Black Alcantara with Yellow Stitching and Black Alcantara Steering Wheel taken today. I love the combo with Hethel Yellow exterior paint!
Interior01.jpg
Interior02.jpg
Interior03.jpg

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Isn’t it more like lotus messed up with the approvals completely deprioritising UK 🇬🇧- they are even shipping RH to 🇦🇺 So they obviously do have RH parts. Lotus have blamed Brexit for their PP planning, with end result our lucky 🍀 European customers getting cars 10 months after order compared to the long suffering UK deposit holders still waiting after 3 years…. Lotus completley changed what they intended to do without informing the loyal customers to be prepared for these severe delays - which would of gave people the rightful opportunity of cancelling and going elsewhere rather than just stringing customers along on the hope they would be getting car 🔜

Congratulations car looks Fab thanks for sharing your initial views really helpful whilst we patiently wait to get our test rides 🚗 - keep us updated along the way to help keep our faith and muster back some enthusiasm
Aw c'mon, don't rain on the OP's thread. You guys (and gals) have had and still have plenty of opportunity to complain and be unhappy in other threads. Let the OP enjoy his car in peace.