Lotus Newbie - Spotted an Evora GT Today

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Fell in love with Lotus watching James Bond For Your Eyes Only and the white and brown Esprits. I have never seen a Lotus on the street but tonight an Evora GT pulled out behind me. I then got behind him. That engine sound is incredible! Oddly I believe I saw a Green Evora last week but wasn't sure because I wasn't close. Now I am pretty sure it was. How odd is it that after placing my deposit, I have seen 2 in one week. The one tonight was in a downtown area and the engine noise was just echoing between the buildings. 2022 can't come fast enough.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Fell in love with Lotus watching James Bond For Your Eyes Only and the white and brown Esprits. I have never seen a Lotus on the street but tonight an Evora GT pulled out behind me. I then got behind him. That engine sound is incredible! Oddly I believe I saw a Green Evora last week but wasn't sure because I wasn't close. Now I am pretty sure it was. How odd is it that after placing my deposit, I have seen 2 in one week. The one tonight was in a downtown area and the engine noise was just echoing between the buildings. 2022 can't come fast enough.
Funny.. my buddy has an Emira deposit down and just recently spotted a GT down the beach. Maybe it's frequency illusion.. Now that you're thinking about them you'll be more likely to spot them (though they are pretty rare!).

You should go to the closest Lotus dealer and ask to drive an Evora. I drove 2 hours to do just that when I made my deposit.

Lotushavefun

Reaction score
Yes, I agree. Go test drive an Evora, if you never driven a lotus. It will help you decide on the Emira. Manual or Automatic. Below are the Evora's, I test drove. The blue one was Automatic and the black one was a Manual. Both Beautiful cars!

20210912_094032.jpg
20210912_094746.jpg

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
An even better time to drive an Evora GT is at a dealer sponsored track day. My wife and I both got to drive at Palm Beach International on June 6th this year. What a blast!

DJI_20210606_115443_335.jpg

1631469948085.png

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Definitely going to the dealer to test drive. I had thought about it, but definitively going now. Will driving an Evora also help me on choosing a suspension with the Emira? The Sport or Touring. I really want the sport but how rough is rough on regular roads.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd suggest only go for the Sports suspension if you're going to do most of your miles on track. The Touring suspension has been optimised for fast road driving, both long distance cruising and spirited back roads. It's been developed with smooth highways and potholed regular roads in mind. It will still be very capable on track and if you want an easy track upgrade you can switch the Eagle tyres for the Cup 2s.

I think in the US you don't have all the Evora variants we've had in UK/Europe. Try to drive a standard setup (Eibach springs/Bilstein dampers) and one with the Ohlins adjustable dampers, as that's the most significant difference between Touring and Sport.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Eibach springs w/Bilstein dampers are actually what I upgraded my GTI's stock suspension to and it performs great on the track and very daily driveable on city streets too. So like @TomE suggests, I'd go with the sport Ohlins if the Emira will be a mostly dedicated track toy.

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'd suggest only go for the Sports suspension if you're going to do most of your miles on track. The Touring suspension has been optimised for fast road driving, both long distance cruising and spirited back roads. It's been developed with smooth highways and potholed regular roads in mind. It will still be very capable on track and if you want an easy track upgrade you can switch the Eagle tyres for the Cup 2s.

I think in the US you don't have all the Evora variants we've had in UK/Europe. Try to drive a standard setup (Eibach springs/Bilstein dampers) and one with the Ohlins adjustable dampers, as that's the most significant difference between Touring and Sport.

Will both setups be adjustable?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I suspect only the Sports will be adjustable, if it's a similar approach to the Evora. We should get the specs this or next week so will have more info then.

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Great information before I test drive. I will report back.