Lotus Europa

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well you learn something everyday they say and today I saw a Lotus Europa. I had never even heard of them, never mind seen one.
I’m sure some of you hardcore Lotus fans know all about it but all I can say is looked like a toned down Elise ish model even though I only saw it in the traffic for a few seconds.
The only thing I can think of is it might not have been a popular model because it wasn’t around when the Elise, Exige and Evora models were replaced by the Emira.
Has anyone owned one or still have one?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Well you learn something everyday they say and today I saw a Lotus Europa. I had never even heard of them, never mind seen one.
I’m sure some of you hardcore Lotus fans know all about it but all I can say is looked like a toned down Elise ish model even though I only saw it in the traffic for a few seconds.
The only thing I can think of is it might not have been a popular model because it wasn’t around when the Elise, Exige and Evora models were replaced by the Emira.
I had a 1972 TwinCam Europa. It was their first mid-engine street car. Challenging to get in and out of, but the handling was incredible.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My dealership in Toronto has had a white one for quite some time, I like it a lot! They brought it to the auto show that just wrapped up as well.

IMG_0713.jpeg

Julian73

Reaction score
You are referring to the 2nd generation Europa, called the Europa S produced between 2006 and 2018 and the Europa SE 2008 - 2020. This car was based on the Lotus Elise, less than 500 in total were produced.