• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Throwing codes

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I really hope they get the water issue figured out. It seems to be a root cause to most things electrical. I like to run my car through touchless car washes often to keep it clean.

Perhaps the next best thing is a list of things we should ask them to proactively waterproof, like the ECU box, HVAC controls, etc.

MrLD

Reaction score
Yes...I second this. Watching anything that has to do with these cars and water.
It took a while, but we got there. A Lotus engineer from the factory eventually located a faulty connector somewhere on the loom. This was enough to fool the ECU into calculating an O2 sensor issue, which then threw up the engine light. I’m happy that Lotus found the issue, so they can knowledge share with dealers who may be trying to diagnose a similar problem with a customer’s car.

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Update to who's interested:
Dealer confirmed it's the O2 sensor. Apparently, there was some communication with Lotus HQ too. Mechanic said they have to get approval from HQ before starting any work since they want to know everything about problems found - guess that's a good thing.
New sensor was ordered (In stock 🥲) and is due to be installed in the next week
see if you can get the part numbers for the O2 Sensors. This seems to be a common fault w the Emira

MrLD

Reaction score
see if you can get the part numbers for the O2 Sensors. This seems to be a common fault w the Emira
Have the dealer check with the factory before they replace the O2 sensors. They should have on record the fix for my car, which they should at least try.