June deliveries spec locked over a week ago - anyone been told this ?

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
After seeing the improved renders the start of this week with the release of the new configurator , I wanted to make some changes to my config .

I have been told any changes will put me back from June to July date . I questioned the reasons for this and just received following email

“The orders for June delivery were submitted and locked in by factory over a week ago approximately, therefore any changes regardless of what it is will impact your delivery estimation moving from June to July.”

Beggars belief that Lotus take one step forward with new configurator etc, but 2 steps back by renegading on their commitment at 2nd deposit time that we could change spec up to the 3rd deposit time, on under standing we needed to see photos or more accurate renders of car to make final decision. At no time have I been informed of this changing or the deadline mentioned above, which means specs were locked before new configurator was released :(

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
After seeing the improved renders the start of this week with the release of the new configurator , I wanted to make some changes to my config .

I have been told any changes will put me back from June to July date . I questioned the reasons for this and just received following email

“The orders for June delivery were submitted and locked in by factory over a week ago approximately, therefore any changes regardless of what it is will impact your delivery estimation moving from June to July.”

Beggars belief that Lotus take one step forward with new configurator etc, but 2 steps back by renegading on their commitment at 2nd deposit time that we could change spec up to the 3rd deposit time, on under standing we needed to see photos or more accurate renders of car to make final decision. At no time have I been informed of this changing or the deadline mentioned above, which means specs were locked before new configurator was released :(
To be fair you might only be delayed a week - no one knows what day in June they will get their car.

What is weirder to me though is that they are starting building cars soon for June delivery but yet 30 days before delivery you can turn around and say no thanks dont want the car now. If its built then someone else later in the list with the same ordered spec must be moved up earlier to receive it - unless its a car no one has ordered say a really unique combo then what do they do with the car and what happens if lots of orders get cancelled.

So in reality do they only build the cars 30 days before delivery and not earlier than that - someone said the clock started in March to start building cars.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I thought everyone in the June delivery batch had been contacted by Lotus in Dec and Jan and told this, as well as there now being no 3rd deposit?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
To be fair you might only be delayed a week - no one knows what day in June they will get their car.

What is weirder to me though is that they are starting building cars soon for June delivery but yet 30 days before delivery you can turn around and say no thanks dont want the car now. If its built then someone else later in the list with the same ordered spec must be moved up earlier to receive it - unless its a car no one has ordered say a really unique combo then what do they do with the car and what happens if lots of orders get cancelled.

So in reality do they only build the cars 30 days before delivery and not earlier than that - someone said the clock started in March to start building cars.
They are starting production builds on 7 March. They will build through March/April/May but not release them. The first sub-batch will be UK press cars and UK dealer demos. First customer cars will be held for release and delivery in June.

Anyone in the June batch will be able to cancel up until 30 days before delivery. We're assuming they go back into the delivery pool for later customers or into the dealer demo pool.

implus

Reaction score
They are starting production builds on 7 March. They will build through March/April/May but not release them. The first sub-batch will be UK press cars and UK dealer demos. First customer cars will be held for release and delivery in June.

Anyone in the June batch will be able to cancel up until 30 days before delivery. We're assuming they go back into the delivery pool for later customers or into the dealer demo pool.

Will deliveries be from 1st of June?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not confirmed yet, or how they will phase them out to customers. You'd like to think they'd send them out in deposit date order. I assume there will also be some batching, so a full transporter load to B&C, one to Silverstone etc.

They have a new logistics partner for Emira, so hoping they're going to be able to get that bigger initial batch out promptly and fairly.

After all, we're paying quite a lot for delivery.... :)

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not confirmed yet, or how they will phase them out to customers. You'd like to think they'd send them out in deposit date order. I assume there will also be some batching, so a full transporter load to B&C, one to Silverstone etc.

They have a new logistics partner for Emira, so hoping they're going to be able to get that bigger initial batch out promptly and fairly.

After all, we're paying quite a lot for delivery.... :)
I have no issue with the cost of delivery.... but I have a question about who and how the car will be detail.... i would be happier if its done by guys putting coating on at the agents, in this this emial posted on another forum they ...... well and what is a sports car PDI....... ? its a sports car... yes..... but does that make the PDI specail ?

Attachments

• Capture8.PNG
    Capture8.PNG
    102.3 KB · Views: 70

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
At this stage we don't know the details. My assumption is if you specify delivery via dealer then the dealer will do the PDI and valet. And if you specify direct delivery then Lotus will do the PDI at the factory and the delivery partner will do the valet. But guesswork on my part.

I think they're just dressing up the PDI by calling it "sportscar PDI"- it'll be similar to what they'd do on an Evora or Exige.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
At this stage we don't know the details. My assumption is if you specify delivery via dealer then the dealer will do the PDI and valet. And if you specify direct delivery then Lotus will do the PDI at the factory and the delivery partner will do the valet. But guesswork on my part.

I think they're just dressing up the PDI by calling it "sportscar PDI"- it'll be similar to what they'd do on an Evora or Exige.
Nope its all done at Lotus.... dealer told me and person I spoke to yesterday...... but dealer told me he understands cars come to them ready to go.... they dont do pdi, detail.... ? dont like idea car being transported without its ppe,

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If that's the case they must be using covered transporters. They did for Evora/Elise/Exige deliveries but were usually only carrying 2-4 per load. Even then they had protective tape on areas at risk of scuffing during loading and transport, so still needed some final prep at the dealer.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Nope its all done at Lotus.... dealer told me and person I spoke to yesterday...... but dealer told me he understands cars come to them ready to go.... they dont do pdi, detail.... ? dont like idea car being transported without its ppe,
Interesting. Must say this is a first as far as I am concerned.

If each car is detailed (valeted) at Hethel, then they surely will have to use covered transporters to deliver the cars to the dealerships, or wherever the owner requests. That means these cars will not have the protection film that usually is put on at the factory, which is removed by the dealerships as part of their PDI and prep activities. Something to watch...

Last edited:

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If that's the case they must be using covered transporters. They did for Evora/Elise/Exige deliveries but were usually only carrying 2-4 per load. Even then they had protective tape on areas at risk of scuffing during loading and transport, so still needed some final prep at the dealer.
Lets hope all goes well..... few months and well will get to see.... for me I still like the idea of taking off covers inside the car.... peeling off protective film etc :)

Reactions: AGP