locked-in frustrations?

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Having done some more forum trawling I can now see a few new details on customer cars that would have changed my spec. Now locked in. Don't wish to risk delaying my car further. Anyone else with similar frustrations?

FWIW the key issues I have with latest changes (all of which on the face of it are the right moves by Lotus...just annoying these were not communicated so we could make more informed final spec choices)

1. Change of calliper yellow to match logo yellow - it was precisely because of this mismatch (still evident on the configurator) that I went with red instead
2. Change of leather steering wheel finishing - the configurator still shows a plain smooth finish, the reality seen in actual customer delivery cars is perforated and looks much classier and grippier - I went for fake suede because of the plain leather design we had all been seeing up till now.
3. New interior first edition badge - I would at a minimum reposition this, or enjoy the option to delete without impacting the leather fascia

Edited to add: email sent to Lotus Customer Care...will update on reply when received.

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Having done some more forum trawling I can now see a few new details on customer cars that would have changed my spec. Now locked in. Don't wish to risk delaying my car further. Anyone else with similar frustrations?

FWIW the two key issues I have with latest changes (all of which on the face of it are the right moves by Lotus...just annoying these were not communicated so we could make more informed final spec choices)

1. Change of calliper yellow to match logo yellow - it was precisely because of this mismatch (still evident on the configurator) that I went with red instead
2. Change of leather steering wheel finishing - the configurator still shows a plain smooth finish, the reality seen in actual customer delivery cars is perforated and looks much classier and grippier - I went for fake suede because of the plain leather design we had all been seeing up till now.
3. New interior first edition badge - I would at a minimum reposition this, or enjoy the option to delete without impacting the leather fascia
I would ask Lotus / your dealer and see what they can do to accommodate!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Some have reported being able to make changes without losing their place in line while others have opted to delay their order in order to change spec. I'd contact Lotus directly and hope for the best.

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score

FWIW the two key issues I have with latest changes (all of which on the face of it are the right moves by Lotus...just annoying these were not communicated so we could make more informed final spec choices)

I’m the same with the callipers, my car due in November has black callipers and I would like to have yellow for the same reason. After back and forth with CS last week in the end they said changes would delay until 2023. I spoke to my dealer and they said yellow callipers will roughly be £2000 plus VAT and if I proceed with that I should look to sell my black callipers on forums or eBay

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
These folks will do a great job of painting the calipers any colour you like for a lot less than that:

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
These folks will do a great job of painting the calipers any colour you like for a lot less than that:
Brill Tom thanks, I’ll give them a call this week!

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi yes I wanted to change my callipers from Red to yellow and they said would put my October build into sometime 2023. Also ideally would delete tracker as I took a cancellation to get car in July. I never wanted a tracker I’ve had them before on I8 and R8 and the I8 was a complete pain. But at time the additional car cost was worth getting car earlier - now all that totally irrelevant seen as not getting car in summer. So if car ends up November delivery I’m going to change colour I think and get a 2023 rather than 2022 as will be just in garage anyway. Also tempted still with Magma vs my Nimbus I’m waiting to see them both I flesh 🤔

OP
Kentviking

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Finally got a reply from Lotus cc...

Thank you for your email.

Yes, your order is on schedule for November production and December delivery.

The yellow calipers have been adjusted to be the same colour as the Lotus logo. Please do bear in mind that the colours and design you can see through the configurator can widely vary depending on the display monitor you are using. It is not an entirely accurate representation of the final product and will slightly vary.

Yes, as your configuration has been locked in by the factory for production, any changes at this point will delay your order to 2023. We are unable to provide more of an accurate estimation for 2023 at the moment as we do not have a build schedule in place.

The car will be registered approximately on the delivery day/close to the delivery day. You would only receive the new 23 plate registration, if you were to take delivery in March 2023 and onwards.
Kind regards,
Sharon
LOTUS CUSTOMER CARE
Tel: +44 (0) 330 0948047
Email: [email protected]
GROUP LOTUS Hethel, Norwich, Norfolk, NR14 8EZ, England
1662800682081.png

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Checked with customer care today and they not even willing to let you change just exterior car colour without delaying your order.
Super annoying that we have been locked in for 7 months yet builds the month after have been locked in for 2 months and had up to circa 18th August to lock spec !!!!!!😡😡😡

Forlorn

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Checked with customer care today and they not even willing to let you change just exterior car colour without delaying your order.
Super annoying that we have been locked in for 7 months yet builds the month after have been locked in for 2 months and had up to circa 18th August to lock spec !!!!!!😡😡😡
Now you know why I chose my forum membership name. I feel your pain. I still need a test drive - before saying ok let’s go, but await a demo ride - probably in the middle of winter now on cup2 tyres! 😩 that could be winter 2023.