I was Charged FE 2.0 price for a FE 1.0… but there is a twist

OP
E

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I believe another physical way of recognizing an original color V1 shadow gray Emira from a V2 shadow gray Emira is the stowage net located in the passenger footwell. The V1 is not supposed to have the net.

The joke about it being a 10k upgraded bottle holder had roots in that differentiation.

This screenshot is from Jubbal’s recent V2 delivery on YT. The net is right above his hand.
I don’t recall seeing these but I don’t have the car until Monday (it’s getting PPF and RE ceramic coated)

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Attachments

• PXL_20240315_191436484.jpg
    PXL_20240315_191436484.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 40

skydude

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was really lucky. My dealer brought their demo to my Euro car event in January this year and I fell in love. I didn't even know the car existed. I offered to buy the demo but they aren't allowed to sell them yet. So I asked about ordering and they said it would take a few months if I ordered. Two weeks later they called and said they have one available as the buyer backed out. Had to wait for CARB approval but got it two days agte the approval was given. Got it at MSRP and even got a Lotus Jacket and 1/64 model with it at no additional charge. They also paid for paint correction.

OP
E

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I don't think he's arguing any differently. The sole objection here seems to be that he was boldly lied to in response to a direct question.

I think it's a real issue at play here: should businesses that openly lie to their customers and behave unethically be free to do so without any consequence whatsoever, or should we as a community name and shame these people so that there's some moderating influence on their behavior?
That’s correct. I don’t mind paying what I paid for the car. It’s totally worth it in my opinion.

What I do kind is that I was told it was $10k over sticker of 2.0 and the fact that every time I asked for either the window sticker or for an itemized MSRP with options, the question was dodged and I was never provided that Info.
I’m 100% that it was because they knew that if they indeed show me a sticker price of $98k I would have asked why I was quoted $119k when I was told from the start that it was $10K+ MSRP. They did not want to show me the sticker price for the car and i believe that ignoring my request everytime was a deliberate move on their end.

As you can see on the photos here I inquired MANY times for the exact sticker price (and more via email and over the phone) and they never sent it to me. They kept sending me the same generic quote which just says $119k no real sticker price plus added fee no transport fee no options listed nothing …

Like I said I really wanted to car so I still paid for it and take full responsibility for my choices but that was hoping in good faith that the dealer was actually being honest with me and that the sticker would come back at around $109k.
A lower sticker price could also lower resale value when in fact I was charged a higher sticker price (regardless of ADM)

IMG_6280.jpeg

IMG_6281.jpeg

IMG_6283.jpeg

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yup. FE 1.0 MSRP
Very interesting. To my knowledge the stowage net was the only physical difference between a 1.0 and 2.0 car (that are painted in the same "original 6" colours; any of the later 7 colours are obviously a no-brainer 2.0 car). So if that's now off the table, then I guess that leaves just the MSRP as the only distinguishing trait?

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Bottom line he was told MSRP was "x" when it was in fact "y"... The window sticker proves this. This is a deceptive practice.

However you did agree to purchase the car at the 119K. I don't know how advertising law in Texas works, but in Canada the dealer has to clearly state MSRP + extras (or ADM). If this was a "used" or pre-owned car, different story. You would win in court very easily north of the border.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If it's Mist White, then yes it is 2.0. Mist White was not available to 1.0 customers.

That’s correct. I don’t mind paying what I paid for the car. It’s totally worth it in my opinion.

What I do kind is that I was told it was $10k over sticker of 2.0 and the fact that every time I asked for either the window sticker or for an itemized MSRP with options, the question was dodged and I was never provided that Info.
I’m 100% that it was because they knew that if they indeed show me a sticker price of $98k I would have asked why I was quoted $119k when I was told from the start that it was $10K+ MSRP. They did not want to show me the sticker price for the car and i believe that ignoring my request everytime was a deliberate move on their end.

As you can see on the photos here I inquired MANY times for the exact sticker price (and more via email and over the phone) and they never sent it to me. They kept sending me the same generic quote which just says $119k no real sticker price plus added fee no transport fee no options listed nothing …

Like I said I really wanted to car so I still paid for it and take full responsibility for my choices but that was hoping in good faith that the dealer was actually being honest with me and that the sticker would come back at around $109k.
A lower sticker price could also lower resale value when in fact I was charged a higher sticker price (regardless of ADM)

View attachment 39996

View attachment 39997

View attachment 39998
The fact that you specifically said the "MSRP on the sticker" is what makes their response feel gross.

I do want to put up a mild defense maybe for the salesperson. In February they probably didn't have the Window Stickers yet (if my dealers story is accurate). So he probably pulled up in the system what their system shows for MSRP and showed you that. Now he HAD to know that $119K wasn't the base MSRP of ANY Emira and that this was an adjusted price. But he also likely didn't have an actual window sticker to share.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The fact that you specifically said the "MSRP on the sticker" is what makes their response feel gross.

I do want to put up a mild defense maybe for the salesperson. In February they probably didn't have the Window Stickers yet (if my dealers story is accurate). So he probably pulled up in the system what their system shows for MSRP and showed you that. Now he HAD to know that $119K wasn't the base MSRP of ANY Emira and that this was an adjusted price. But he also likely didn't have an actual window sticker to share.
While do agree is that most of what people are saying.
However no dealer received window stickers until a day or 2 after CARB was approved. Dallas I know for a fact did not get the window stickers till the Tuesday after carb approval
To quote a line in what he was told

While I do agree with most of what has been said I do know for a fact is that no dealers had the window stickers before Carb was approved. Also Dallas did not receive any window stickers till the Tuesday.

To quote a line that @Emirahouston stated is
“What I do kind is that I was told it was $10k over sticker of 2.0”
This is open to many interpretations
I don’t agree with adm at all for any car.
Not trying to defend what anyone is saying about LOD but I never ever felt they lied or misled led me personally on anything over the 2 plus years I waited for the car.
We all have different experiences some good some bad and some disastrous

OP
E

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I’m not blaming the sales person for not being able to send the window sticker if they didn’t have it but I’m sure they had the actual MSRP for that specific cer somewhere with all prices out options and the fact that he always ignored my request every single time is what shows me that they knew they were doing something shady

73JPS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Very interesting. To my knowledge the stowage net was the only physical difference between a 1.0 and 2.0 car (that are painted in the same "original 6" colours; any of the later 7 colours are obviously a no-brainer 2.0 car). So if that's now off the table, then I guess that leaves just the MSRP as the only distinguishing trait?
This only makes sense. When did North American production start? Long after Lotus made the minor product improvement of the passenger footwell cargo net and the corporate decision to phase out green from the logo. What are they going to do during production?

“Nigel! How many times do I have to tell you to stop installing footwell nets on those North American FE V1.0 allocation cars? Roger! Get the GREEN and yellow badges from the bin… what do you mean we’re out of them?” It would make zero sense to revert to original early production specs for a few cars coming down the production line at random intervals to satisfy what has been correctly pointed out as an administrative line in the sand put forth by, it seems, Lotus NA.
😂

Well, shit…
I think we can all agree on one thing.

Lotus is an inconsistent mess.
That may be true: but not because of this.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This only makes sense. When did North American production start? Long after Lotus made the minor product improvement of the passenger footwell cargo net and the corporate decision to phase out green from the logo. What are they going to do during production?

“Nigel! How many times do I have to tell you to stop installing footwell nets on those North American FE V1.0 allocation cars? Roger! Get the GREEN and yellow badges from the bin… what do you mean we’re out of them?” It would make zero sense to revert to original early production specs for a few cars coming down the production line at random intervals to satisfy what has been correctly pointed out as an administrative line in the sand put forth by, it seems, Lotus NA.

That may be true: but not because of this.
Great points! No argument there.

But now the question is, do all FE 1.0s have storage nets, or only some of them??

73JPS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

But now the question is, do all FE 1.0s have storage nets, or only some of them??
If I were to guess I would bet “few to none”. My dealership‘s demonstrator is their first order so it is theoretically an early Canadian build: I’ll check to see if it has the net next time I’m there.

Emphasis above on “guess”. I’m trying to remember when my dealer first called me to say that they had a second allocation of First Editions: I’m thinking it was spring of 2023. And I think that the first 12 folks had probably locked in their specs a few months before that (they would be the “FE V1” people). But of course NA production just kept getting delayed, and I speculate it got delayed to the point that all the cars end up as the same “version”. I ended up locking in my spec in September last, but I’m not sure if a single Canadian car had been produced yet at that point?

Had any North American cars been produced by September of last year?

Last edited:

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Mine has a storage net on passenger side.
It’s an excuse for a storage net. Maybe to put some papers in nothing else

73JPS

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Mine has a storage net on passenger side.
It’s an excuse for a storage net. Maybe to put some papers in nothing else
I’m sure you’ve posted this elsewhere, but just to (for no other reason than we’re all bored here waiting for our cars) put some context to things: what was roughly your “I specced the car and don’t get my deposit back” date, and what was your production month?

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’m sure you’ve posted this elsewhere, but just to (for no other reason than we’re all bored here waiting for our cars) put some context to things: what was roughly your “I specced the car and don’t get my deposit back” date, and what was your production month?
Was less of a date and more of watching Porsche prices. At a certain uptick in prices I would have pulled the trigger to ensure I get something mid-engine.