New video "WARNING: The Lotus Emira Market Just Flipped — This Could Cost You"

I think even the most pessimistic would consider this car an incredible bargain.

 
Doug talked about Emira values on his podcast. They believe Emiras are holding their value well.


Funny, Fillipo(?) was annoyed at how well the Emira and Evora hold their value. Interestingly earlier in the segment they are salivating over the loss of the light, rear engine, analogue cars, but they only talk about Porsches. I'm obviously biased but I do think Lotus hit the sweet spot and this car will remain desirable.
 
I think even the most pessimistic would consider this car an incredible bargain.

That is a a scam listing. That car is registered in Florida and a different scammer has that car listed for sale here in Dallas.
 
That is a a scam listing. That car is registered in Florida and a different scammer has that car listed for sale here in Dallas.
$20,000 below reality; absolute scam . Anyone owning a niche exotic with limited supplies and rising acquisition costs would want maximum cashout.
 
$20,000 below reality; absolute scam . Anyone owning a niche exotic with limited supplies and rising acquisition costs would want maximum cashout.
I am not sure about 20k. I’ve seen similar specs for sale at dealers for 85k or less. But definitely at minimum 10k under.
 
Never seen markets so volatile as current global movements on gold, silver, crypto, stock, real estate.... up and down with brute force.

Emira is one of the best possible purchases in the sportscar market....absolute write off is minimal, compared to a new 992.2 Porsche.

I love my Emira, it is a truly special car to own and drive. Can't care less about werther it is moving up or down. More inclined to wish for the 'd&*kheads-among-Emira-owners' selling theirs and 'cool' people getting into one at a discounts....which will result in a supercool community of enthousiast and passionate Emira owners. No money can beat that...priceless!
 
I’ve hardly seen any depreciation in used UK market in the past year. There are 1 or 2 outliers but values seem to be holding well enough. That’s based on Autotrader advertised price.
I think the new increase in road tax in the UK for new cars will keep used prices high. The spec of my V6 FE is now £109,650 + £5000+ for 1st year road tax. Who is going to blow £115k on a new one, I think Rachel from accounts has killed off the Emira in the UK.
 
I think even the most pessimistic would consider this car an incredible bargain.

Not really, specially not at the current MSRP prices. You can buy an Eray, or a Z06 for the same money I you want to stay with a new mid-engined sports car. You honestly get a lot more performance with either of those cars.

Now, if the MSRP was still in the low 90's brand new like when it was announced? That would be a hell of a deal. Especially considering that that aren't really that many options in comparison with something like a Z06 with its 3 different trim levels, and individual options beyond that.

The Emira ticked a lot of boxes for me, and ultimate performance actually was the #1 metric I was looking at.. The C8 is just too big, and with the options I wanted on it (full Z07 package with comp seats) I was looking at the $150 range. If I just wanted a non comp Z06, I could have found a dealer willing to sell me one at MSRP.

But the 718 GTS and GT4 also ticked many of the same options, and I honestly was going back and forth between a manual or DCT 718. Ultimately the price of them even used drove me away. I could not stomach paying new car price for used cars.

And the Emira's were just sitting there, pretty, gorgeous. And they have great dynamics, and the sound of the V6 is sublime. It checked the boxes and off I went.
 
Not really, specially not at the current MSRP prices. You can buy an Eray, or a Z06 for the same money I you want to stay with a new mid-engined sports car. You honestly get a lot more performance with either of those cars.

Now, if the MSRP was still in the low 90's brand new like when it was announced? That would be a hell of a deal. Especially considering that that aren't really that many options in comparison with something like a Z06 with its 3 different trim levels, and individual options beyond that.

The Emira ticked a lot of boxes for me, and ultimate performance actually was the #1 metric I was looking at.. The C8 is just too big, and with the options I wanted on it (full Z07 package with comp seats) I was looking at the $150 range. If I just wanted a non comp Z06, I could have found a dealer willing to sell me one at MSRP.

But the 718 GTS and GT4 also ticked many of the same options, and I honestly was going back and forth between a manual or DCT 718. Ultimately the price of them even used drove me away. I could not stomach paying new car price for used cars.

And the Emira's were just sitting there, pretty, gorgeous. And they have great dynamics, and the sound of the V6 is sublime. It checked the boxes and off I went.
I think the other commenters are probably right and that add is a scam. The same pictures were used for other cars on BAT and listed with multiple VINs. Far lower than market. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
 
I think the other commenters are probably right and that add is a scam. The same pictures were used for other cars on BAT and listed with multiple VINs. Far lower than market. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
I was speaking in General when looking at new MSRP prices (aka 106k-120k). I can't get to Facebook links at work.
 
Emira is a great buy, it the absolute driver’s car. Porsche are overpriced in today’s market IMHO.
 
Not really, specially not at the current MSRP prices. You can buy an Eray, or a Z06 for the same money I you want to stay with a new mid-engined sports car. You honestly get a lot more performance with either of those cars.

Now, if the MSRP was still in the low 90's brand new like when it was announced? That would be a hell of a deal. Especially considering that that aren't really that many options in comparison with something like a Z06 with its 3 different trim levels, and individual options beyond that.

The Emira ticked a lot of boxes for me, and ultimate performance actually was the #1 metric I was looking at.. The C8 is just too big, and with the options I wanted on it (full Z07 package with comp seats) I was looking at the $150 range. If I just wanted a non comp Z06, I could have found a dealer willing to sell me one at MSRP.

But the 718 GTS and GT4 also ticked many of the same options, and I honestly was going back and forth between a manual or DCT 718. Ultimately the price of them even used drove me away. I could not stomach paying new car price for used cars.

And the Emira's were just sitting there, pretty, gorgeous. And they have great dynamics, and the sound of the V6 is sublime. It checked the boxes and off I went.
Just my personal opinion, I find the C8 corvette not pleasing to the eyes. Even if the Z06 were only 70K, I wouldn't buy one. I would still get an Emira at a higher price.
 
After listening to all the opinions online about the Emira I thought I could do a lot better, but the more I used the car the more I got to like it. I've had my V6 for about 2 years now with around 9k miles. What convinced me was driving an Alpine A110. I was close to chaning to one of these but after driving it I was left underwhelmed. It did not give the same exotic feeling as the Emira, the cabin in the Emira is a step up and the handling was not as good as I had read about.

After playing about with my suspension, changing the alignment, fitting a set of Nitrons and a set of Continental Sport Contact 7's on the back from the factory Goodyears I am pretty happy with my decision compared to anything else out there for the price. The only other thing I'd want now is harder engine/gearbox mounts as I find it moves about too much when really pushing on and on/off throttle. My gear change seems to be much smoother now with a few miles on it, or I don't even notice it hindering any progress.

My test drives in the Porsche GTS we underwhelming too. It felt like driving a different shape VW golf when not pushing on. Even at lower speeds the Emira has a sense of occasion. Depreciation for me in the UK has not been bad at all. I bought used and it has not gone down much at all over 2 years.

Reliability has been great for me. I had a few issues at the start but they were mostly fixed with software updates. Nothing worse than any other car brands I've had before. I do have a bit of a fear of something electrical going wrong so I'm getting it out in the wet UK winter so any if any leak issues happen they'll get fixed before the warranty expires.

So now I'm set on keeping the car for the foreseeable future. It has amazing looks, handles unreal once set up properly, sounds amazing, etc.

oh - another topic - there seems to be bot-like activity commenting negatively on a lot of the Emira Facebook groups. It's as if someone is trying to bring their value down by saying it's a bad car, which it's not!
 
Last edited:
After listening to all the opinions online about the Emira I thought I could do a lot better, but the more I used the car the more I got to like it. I've had my V6 for about 2 years now with around 9k miles. What convinced me was driving an Alpine A110. I was close to chaning to one of these but after driving it I was left underwhelmed. It did not give the same exotic feeling as the Emira, the cabin in the Emira is a step up and the handling was not as good as I had read about.

After playing about with my suspension, changing the alignment, fitting a set of Nitrons and a set of Continental Sport Contact 7's on the back from the factory Goodyears I am pretty happy with my decision compared to anything else out there for the price. The only other thing I'd want now is harder engine/gearbox mounts as I find it moves about too much when really pushing on and on/off throttle. My gear change seems to either be much smoother now with a few miles on it, or I don't even notice it hindering any progress.

My test drives in the Porsche GTS we underwhelming too. It felt like driving a different shape VW golf when not pushing on. Even at lower speeds the Emira has a sense of occasion. Depreciation for me in the UK has not been bad at all. I bought used and it has not gone down much at all over 2 years.

Reliability has been great for me. I had a few issues at the start but they were mostly fixed with software updates. Nothing worse than any other car brands I've had before. I do have a bit of a fear of something electrical going wrong so I'm getting it out in the wet UK winter so any if any leak issues happen they'll get fixed before the warranty expires.

So now I'm set on keeping the car for the foreseeable future. It has amazing looks, handles unreal once set up properly, sounds amazing, etc.

oh - another topic - there seems to be bot-like activity commenting negatively on a lot of the Emira Facebook groups. It's as if someone is trying to bring their value down by saying it's a bad car, which it's not!
The most valuable and helpful commentary is, of course, here on this great forum.
 
I think a lot of people might want to sell the car before the warranty expires. Just the paint bubbling can cost 5k plus per door. Most people in the US have a 3 year warranty on paint so that might flood the market for awhile in 2027 as their warranty comes to an end. Hopefully Lotus comes with a fix before that. I hope I’m wrong.
 
Here in Montreal Canada, the price of "new"/"almost new" 2024 i4 and 2025 V6 got a 5k to 15k discount (CAD Currency) on the new car price.
Even their 1 of 60 Chapman Edition is -5k$.

Does your dealer have similar discount to new Emira?

I guess they want to make space for 2026 models and nothing sells in Canadian winter...
 
I think a lot of people might want to sell the car before the warranty expires. Just the paint bubbling can cost 5k plus per door. Most people in the US have a 3 year warranty on paint so that might flood the market for awhile in 2027 as their warranty comes to an end. Hopefully Lotus comes with a fix before that. I hope I’m wrong.
Wouldn’t extending the warranty be cheaper than taking a depreciation hit just to avoid a possible paint problem?
 
I think a lot of people might want to sell the car before the warranty expires. Just the paint bubbling can cost 5k plus per door. Most people in the US have a 3 year warranty on paint so that might flood the market for awhile in 2027 as their warranty comes to an end. Hopefully Lotus comes with a fix before that. I hope I’m wrong.

I don't understand these paint costs. Is it really that much? I think Thorney will paint a bubbled McLaren for £1k per panel.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top