What do you drive when you don’t drive your Lotus?

Thirdgen89gta

Emira Fanatic
Joined
May 6, 2025
Messages
285
Media
79
Reaction score
234
My Specs:
Emira V6
IMG_0490.webp
I have 3 rides in my garage.

But so far my favorite daily driver is my Model S Plaid. I don’t need to turn very had in the daily drive. It’s nosyjust boring highway or short trips. Very little chance to even enjoy the aural orgy that is the v6.

So for the daily driver the order of the day is comfort, efficiency, and unending oppressive acceleration. Sustained 1G+ acceleration from 0-70mph. There is vertical little on the road that can come close to challenging it. But I can also put it in chill mode with the suspension in full soft and just glide for mile after mile.

I’ve owned it for around 3 years now and literally done nothing put out juice into it and finally had to replace the tires. That was expensive at around $2200 for all four corners.


The other car is my TransAm for when I want a rowdy and very uncivilized ride. The Lotus sings. The TransAm screams. If it can be unbolted. It’s been replaced/upgraded. Engine, transmission, suspension. Solid delrin aluminum bushings, and everything else replaced with delrin based heim joints. You could run over a penny and feel it. All for the glory of HPDE. Built primarily for Road America. But it does okay at the drag strip too.
IMG_2809.webp

DSC_1806.webp
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kaz
1791095082274.webp

Used to have Plaid X and now have a slammed M3 performance - nothing is better than a fast Tesla for a daily driver
 
View attachment 89121
Used to have Plaid X and now have a slammed M3 performance - nothing is better than a fast Tesla for a daily driver
I considered a M3P. And probably would have gone with one if it were a hatchback. Even though it’s not a true hatchback like the MS is not a true wagon. I just like the functionality of a hatchback/ liftback.

My previous daily was a Focus RS.

I probably would have been happy with a regular Model S. But I made the mistake of driving a Plaid. Then there was no turning back.
 
IMG_3050.webp
Bought the wife an M850i cab, x drive. It’s really a beast of a car and despite its mass, moves really well with 523HP and gobs of torque! The twin turbo V8 sounds really good too in sport or sport plus, really throaty with snarls and pops. Nice car I have to say! Then there’s my Honda truck. A great do everything pretty well ride.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3044.webp
    IMG_3044.webp
    208.6 KB · Views: 4
Love the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. Had one for 4 years, and it is an awesome machine. It reminded me a lot of earlier BMW M3s at their peak of popularity.
 
I do have a workhorse too, but I daily drive one of the sports cars weather allowing.
IMG_3876.webp
 
Muh girls. I have a Land Cruiser also for hunting, hauling and snow.
View attachment 89133
A Montreal verde green quadrifoglio is on my list of cars to own. If the right one pops up in snagging it.

Also. Jealous of garage space.

I bought a 3 car because I was t ready to build a house yet but I definitely need a pole barn. So many cars, gotta collect them all.
 
IMG_5869.webp

IMG_5235.webp

IMG_0397.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5235.webp
    IMG_5235.webp
    328.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3167.webp
    IMG_3167.webp
    609.3 KB · Views: 3
Pole barn is the way to go. I have room for 10 cars, but we only have 7. Hmm, what's next.
IMG_2948.webp
 
A Montreal verde green quadrifoglio is on my list of cars to own. If the right one pops up in snagging it.

Also. Jealous of garage space.

I bought a 3 car because I was t ready to build a house yet but I definitely need a pole barn. So many cars, gotta collect them all.
Yeah, I expanded my 2 car garage to a 5 two years ago and now wish it was 10. But it makes me really think about how to best curate my vehicle choices. I think 5 is perfect for that. We have a wife suv (electric), a utility suv, a sports car, a fast 4 door and a classic.
The Giulia is a blast. I put it up for sale 2 weeks ago, and removed the listing this weekend. It’s just too good and I think I’ll just be disappointed with whatever I replace it with.

IMG_6308.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top