First time on the new configurator and it's really messing me up.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I had my heart set on the Seneca blue, black interior, yellow calipers, black pack, diamond cut Wheels of the show car and now I don't know what I'm going to get.
Really like the Nimbus Grey ( I see it as silver) black pack, yellow calipers V spoke wheels, tan interior.
I think with Nimbus grey I can actually get away without the black pack, and it still looks incredible.
I think the best move is to go without the black back and after a year or two if you want to change just put black ppf on the roof, cantrails and mirrors.
My ppf guy could do it for around $300.
I like how the tan interior breaks up the entire black dashboard area, the two-tone look.
Lotus should offer like Porsche does to have the rear "LOTUS" badge either in body color, black or badge delete.
If I don't order the black pack I don't get the Lotus badge in Black which is what I want.
Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
You’ve posted in the right place. This is your support group. I am also a member. #ForTheUndecided

Here at #ForTheUndecided we believe in utilizing all the garage space and even adding on where necessary.

#ForTheUndecided has also launched #ForTheMultipleDeposits, another support group where we recommend just buying 2 or more Emira.

Yes Emira is the well-known plural of Emira. #ForThePlural

That’s my advice. Buy 2. Extend the garage. Live an amazing life. ;)

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You’ve posted in the right place. This is your support group. I am also a member. #ForTheUndecided

Here at #ForTheUndecided we believe in utilizing all the garage space and even adding on where necessary.

#ForTheUndecided has also launched #ForTheMultipleDeposits, another support group where we recommend just buying 2 or more Emira.

Yes Emira is the well-known plural of Emira. #ForThePlural

That’s my advice. Buy 2. Extend the garage. Live an amazing life. ;)
Sounds like a plan, the only problem is I currently don't have a garage.😜
Are there any photographs of the silver V-spoke wheels besides what's on the configurator?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I had my heart set on the Seneca blue, black interior, yellow calipers, black pack, diamond cut Wheels of the show car and now I don't know what I'm going to get.
Really like the Nimbus Grey ( I see it as silver) black pack, yellow calipers V spoke wheels, tan interior.
I think with Nimbus grey I can actually get away without the black pack, and it still looks incredible.
I think the best move is to go without the black back and after a year or two if you want to change just put black ppf on the roof, cantrails and mirrors.
I like how the tan interior breaks up the entire black dashboard area, the two-tone look.
Lotus should offer like Porsche does to have the rear "LOTUS" badge either in body color, black or badge delete.
If I don't order the black pack I don't get the Lotus badge in Black which is what I want.
Decisions, decisions.
You'll be able to buy the silver and black LOTUS badging via your dealer after delivery (and the two different types of exhaust exit). You can also paint or powder coat the silver badging. So you can add each individual element of Black Pack yourself. You can black PPF the roof and mirrors as you say.

It's easier to add BP yourself than subtract it, as you would need to colour match the roof and cantrails. So #ForTheUndecided are better off NOT getting Black Pack and adding it afterwards.

I've now added even more possible permutations and hence made the decision more complex... :)

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
You'll be able to buy the silver and black LOTUS badging via your dealer after delivery (and the two different types of exhaust exit). You can also paint or powder coat the silver badging. So you can add each individual element of Black Pack yourself. You can black PPF the roof and mirrors as you say.

It's easier to add BP yourself than subtract it, as you would need to colour match the roof and cantrails. So #ForTheUndecided are better off NOT getting Black Pack and adding it afterwards.

I've now added even more possible permutations and hence made the decision more complex... :)
Yes, but it's fun messing around with the configurator.😉

IanO

Reaction score
Decisions, decisions.
I feel your pain. During the last six months of indecision the only anchor point has been that it will have the full black pack. Now I've been playing with the new configurator I'm not sure anymore. Aaaaarggggh!

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I feel your pain. During the last six months of indecision the only anchor point has been that it will have the full black pack. Now I've been playing with the new configurator I'm not sure anymore. Aaaaarggggh!
I felt the same way about the black pack getting it for sure, now I'm not getting it and if I feel I need to change I'll just put black ppf on the roof and mirrors much cheaper.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I felt the same way about the black pack getting it for sure, now I'm not getting it and if I feel I need to change I'll just put black ppf on the roof and mirrors much cheaper.
Same here. I was set on the upper black pack, but the new configuator videos turned me off. I’m waiting to see if I can delete it from my order without losing my place in the queue.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ordering without black pack and DIYing aspects of it afterwards is certainly the best way to approach it IMO... You can't easily unpaint that roof! (I want the black roof and mirrors, but want the silver badging and exhaust tips, so I'm planning on doing the PPF wrap angle as well)

PS: I could have sworn the plural of Emira was Emirae @TXEMIRA ;)
Luckily/tragically, having multiple Emirae in my garage is not a problem I'm likely to run into ...

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan, the only problem is I currently don't have a garage.😜
Are there any photographs of the silver V-spoke wheels besides what's on the configurator?

There are no official pics of the silver v-spokes, but here is one... (fwiw, I believe the diamond cut wheels will not be gloss black on the inner spokes like this pic, but more of a matte dark grey finish).

2022-01-27_21-06-49.png

You can also spot them briefly in this video around the 50s mark.

And oh.. Canada, no garage, and exotic sportscar? Sounds like a bad combination! 🥶:oops:

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Decisions, decisions.

More ways to look at this. Fortunately I have been mostly Dark Verdant since I saw the car with one or two cases of the Blues.

What current colors or past color car have you owned
Do you want attention? Seneca, Hethel, Magma
Do you want Stealth? Nimbus, Shadow, Dark Exotic Mysterious Verdant
Is the interior more important than the exterior? If so, obviously build around that.
Will you run another wheel for winter tires or track tires

I want the Black Pack but I want Silver tips more than the Black Pack so no Black Pack.

G9zNq9IA (my final setup I believe)

My favorite bright setup is Hethel, Yellow Calipers, Silver Wheels, No Black Pack

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
More ways to look at this. Fortunately I have been mostly Dark Verdant since I saw the car with one or two cases of the Blues.

Is the interior more important than the exterior? If so, obviously build around that.

I want the Black Pack but I want Silver tips more than the Black Pack so no Black Pack.

My favorite bright setup is Hethel, Yellow Calipers, Silver Wheels, No Black Pack
Oh I like that DEMV!

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ordering without black pack and DIYing aspects of it afterwards is certainly the best way to approach it IMO... You can't easily unpaint that roof! (I want the black roof and mirrors, but want the silver badging and exhaust tips, so I'm planning on doing the PPF wrap angle as well)

PS: I could have sworn the plural of Emira was Emirae @TXEMIRA ;)
Luckily/tragically, having multiple Emirae in my garage is not a problem I'm likely to run into ...
I'm with ya-- want those silver pipes sticking out, which then matches silver lettering. The black roof I'll wrap

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I have changed my mind.
My spec now is Nimbus silver, tan interior, yellow calipers, V-spoke wheels.

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
There are no official pics of the silver v-spokes, but here is one... (fwiw, I believe the diamond cut wheels will not be gloss black on the inner spokes like this pic, but more of a matte dark grey finish).

View attachment 2701

And oh.. Canada, no garage, and exotic sportscar? Sounds like a bad combination! 🥶:oops:
Well I'm getting the base model, so I have a lot of time to get a garage built.;)
Or I might get something called a car shelter.
Lots of Canadians in Quebec use them......EH!!!!!!!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

View attachment 2701

Don't draw too much from those pictures of the wheels in Shanghai, they aren't the production ones.

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well I think I finalized my car.
Base model, V6 manual transmission, touring chassis, Nimbus grey, no black pack will do black ppf if I need a change, tan leather interior, black leather steering wheel yellow calipers, V-spoke wheels, privacy glass.
What I will add to really finish it off is a yellow supercharger cover, and a black "LOTUS" badge.
For those of you who prefer driving their cars than detailing/washing them, silver is the best color at hiding dirt, dust and scratches.

Attachments

• 20220128_132434.jpg
    20220128_132434.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 76