Blacked-out steering wheel emblem in configurator?

SONOFEMERY

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just noticed the Lotus badge on the steering wheel is blacked out (on the new configurator, not sure about the previous one). I did notice in a Lotus' press release announcing the FE V2 that they'd be changing an emblem to black and yellow, maybe this is that? Even though the steering wheel emblem is already black ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Press release referenced

"Lastly, in addition to the seven new paint colors and stowage net, Emira First Edition V2 drivers can expect a new Lotus brand badge that will be updated from green to black on yellow."

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 8.25.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 8.25.53 PM.png
    366.6 KB · Views: 154

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just noticed the Lotus badge on the steering wheel is blacked out (on the new configurator, not sure about the previous one). I did notice in a Lotus' press release announcing the FE V2 that they'd be changing an emblem to black and yellow, maybe this is that? Even though the steering wheel emblem is already black ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Press release referenced

"Lastly, in addition to the seven new paint colors and stowage net, Emira First Edition V2 drivers can expect a new Lotus brand badge that will be updated from green to black on yellow."
Same for bonnet and wheels?
Will this distinguish FE1 from FE2 to the practiced eye?
I think this change appears on Evija.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Possibly due to Lotus NYO vs Lotus badging differences? The new configurator might be targeting all regions.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's just clearly missing a model that should be there. If by mistake or last resort "fix" (WE HAVE TO GO LIVE!) because of the NYO differences, we'll see.

@Life411

Reaction score
Funny coincidence, I just noticed that yesterday while reviewing my final configuration for a video. The wheel logo was also 'sketchy' meaning that it wasn't a clear image and not clearly either a yellow or a black background. What is NYO?

Oddly, the hood logo was the only clear one and it was a yellow background. Since my choice is Hethel Yellow, I wouldn't be opposed to a black background due to the fact that the yellows don't match.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Funny coincidence, I just noticed that yesterday while reviewing my final configuration for a video. The wheel logo was also 'sketchy' meaning that it wasn't a clear image and not clearly either a yellow or a black background. What is NYO?

Oddly, the hood logo was the only clear one and it was a yellow background. Since my choice is Hethel Yellow, I wouldn't be opposed to a black background due to the fact that the yellows don't match.
Possibly a pigment of your imagination.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but just to confirm... the badge on the steering wheel has always been Black/Silver. The colored badges are on the outside of the car only.

The all-black image in the configurator was a rendering glitch I believe. There's no "all black" version in the works. There are two variations on the badge, one that says Lotus and the other that says Lotus NYO for the China market only. Both monochrome black/silver on the steering wheel.

OP
SONOFEMERY

SONOFEMERY

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but just to confirm... the badge on the steering wheel has always been Black/Silver. The colored badges are on the outside of the car only.

The all-black image in the configurator was a rendering glitch I believe. There's no "all black" version in the works. There are two variations on the badge, one that says Lotus and the other that says Lotus NYO for the China market only. Both monochrome black/silver on the steering wheel.
Yes that sounds correct, except it seems like the steering wheel blacked-out badge might not be a glitch. It seems intentional. A few weeks ago the configurator (this version i.e. the new configurator) had steering wheel emblem.