Hello! FE2 coming

marc1adrien

Reaction score
Hi everyone --

Been reading this for some time.

I've wanted a Lotus since I was eight. I love the Giugario Esprits and the Stephens Esprits, but at 6'3 and change I simply don't fit. I've had some fun driver's cars over the years but nothing at this level. I've enjoyed several Hondas in my teens and 20s, from base Civics, to Si, to Integras; very nice cars that got the engagement right. I've also had three NA Miatas (I don't fit in any of the later ones!) including some that were superhcarged. The most capable car I've had was an Rx-8, which I loved. My current daily is a BMW 540x. It's a lovely thing and hugely capable, but not really "fun".

Then I saw the Emira launch on Harry's channel. After some life transitions (kid ff to college, new relationship and new house with two covered spaces!) I signed up to go and see and test drive one (I'm in Alexandria outside DC -- as I see a couple of other members are too!). I decided before I saw it that I had two criteria to getting one: 1. would I fit adequately for a couple of hours' drive? and 2. would I enjoy it at non-silly speeds? What I loved about the Miatas was they were a joy to drive in second at 40mph.

First impression was how stunning it was in-person. And yes, I fit, albeit it did feel like I was less "in" the car than I expected. But the drive was extraordinary. Within 10 minutes I was nailing the rev-matches and laughing out loud. It is indeed great fun even at city speeds.

So the order went in. FE2, basically Harry spec albeit with a leather wheel. I've been told to expect it in April-June. Went touring as I have family in Canada, and this could be a fun summer road trip car.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone --

I've wanted a Lotus since I was eight. I love the Giugario Esprits and the Stephens Esprits, but at 6'3 and change I simply don't fit. I've had some fun driver's cars over the years but nothing at this level. I've enjoyed several Hondas in my teens and 20s, from base Civics, to Si, to Integras; very nice cars that got the engagement right. I've also had three NA Miatas (I don't fit in any of the later ones!) including some that were superhcarged. The most capable car I've had was an Rx-8, which I loved. My current daily is a BMW 540x. It's a lovely thing and hugely capable, but not really "fun".

Then I saw the Emira launch on Harry's channel. After some life transitions (kid ff to college, new relationship and new house with two covered spaces!) I signed up to go and see and test drive one (I'm in Alexandria outside DC -- as I see a couple of other members are too!). I decided before I saw it that I had two criteria to getting one: 1. would I fit adequately for a couple of hours' drive? and 2. would I enjoy it at non-silly speeds? What I loved about the Miatas was they were a joy to drive in second at 40mph.

First impression was how stunning it was in-person. And yes, I fit, albeit it did feel like I was less "in" the car than I expected. But the drive was extraordinary. Within 10 minutes I was nailing the rev-matches and laughing out loud. It is indeed great fun even at city speeds.

So the order went in. FE2, basically Harry spec albeit with a leather wheel. I've been told to expect it in April-June. Went touring as I have family in Canada, and this could be a fun summer road trip car.

Welcome to the party @marc1adrien 🎉

I also learned cars in the Honda world. My first car was an '88 Acura Legend and then had a couple Integras that I modified. Did a full JDM front clip swap on my '98 Integra with the B18C and every bolt on imaginable. That thing was a rattle box, but such a blast to drive. 😂

1000014771.jpg

100_1342.JPG

Last edited:

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi everyone --

Welcome aboard! I'm in Raleigh and I also ordered Harry's spec. It's in Wilmington, NC just waiting for CARB approval. BTW, my Lotus dealer GM is 6'6" and I was chatting with him the other day in person here in Raleigh during a test drive and he said he could drive the Emira across the country with no issues and had already spent about 4-5 hours in it that day. You're going to love it!

For some inspiration, here's mine in the lot which should look exactly like yours:
IMG_1862.PNG

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome aboard! I'm in Raleigh and I also ordered Harry's spec. It's in Wilmington, NC just waiting for CARB approval. BTW, my Lotus dealer GM is 6'6" and I was chatting with him the other day in person here in Raleigh during a test drive and he said he could drive the Emira across the country with no issues and had already spent about 4-5 hours in it that day. You're going to love it!

For some inspiration, here's mine in the lot which should look exactly like yours:
View attachment 36137
What's your dealer doing spending four to five hours in YOUR car? 👀

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
What is it with you people in Alexandria.

I also grew up with Hondas. My dad had a '77 Civic, followed by a '76 Accord. I learned about cars watching him working on these two. He learned how to disassemble and tune the carburetor on the Accord. When it was my turn, I took over the family's '92 Accord EX manual, which I "tuned" with various bolt-ons. DC Sports headers, APEXi exhaust, and Suspension Tech sway bar kit. I absolutely loved this car - my drive to/from work back then went through some very twisty backroads east of Fredericksburg, VA.

My sister had an Integra that I drove every once in a while, and later on I got an '98 Accord V6. I was very excited about the Euro Accord coming to the US as an Acura TSX, but that didn't happen - I got married.

Oh, and of course, I had some great modded Hondas and Acuras in my Gran Turismo garage. LOL

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another Alexandria person, checking in !!

Welcome to the party. We will have to have a regular meetup of the ALX Emira folks, apparently we're going to be the hot zone for Emira ownership in Northern Virginia.

As far as events, there's of course the big C&C up at Katie's in Great Falls, but there's also a high quality smaller Cars & Coffee more local to us that would be good fun as well, it's every other Sunday at the Hollin Hall shops on Fort Hunt Rd, just off the Parkway between Old Town and Mount Vernon. Have you been?

OP
M

marc1adrien

Reaction score
Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome!

@Porter I've never been, thouygh I have ridden past it a number of times (I'm a big cyclist and Ft. Hunt is one of the neighborhoods I frequent). My great friend lives down that way east of the GW and has a neighbor whom I think has an Elise...I assume that person might be on here.

@K_Squared thanks! I actually sent your picture to my partner telling her this is what our car would look like!

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome!

@Porter I've never been, thouygh I have ridden past it a number of times (I'm a big cyclist and Ft. Hunt is one of the neighborhoods I frequent). My great friend lives down that way east of the GW and has a neighbor whom I think has an Elise...I assume that person might be on here.

@K_Squared thanks! I actually sent your picture to my partner telling her this is what our car would look like!
I'm trying to get back into cycling after several years spent getting fat. I used to ride a few hundred miles a month when I lived in Roanoke, but now mostly just ride a desk. I'm going to spend some winter miles on the trainer though, and get out more one the weather shifts this spring. Let's be friends! :ROFLMAO:

B r I a n

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am a block away from Fort Hunt Park, probably have seen each other - I walk our dog there almost every day.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi everyone --

Well done on your order and watching Harry’s reviews which are never bias to any preferred manufacturer. 😁👍🏻

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
My office is in Crystal City, but I'm only down there a couple times a year. I'd drive down for a Lotus meet though (you know... If you guys ever get your cars). 😉

Medic518

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Another Alexandria person, checking in !!

Welcome to the party. We will have to have a regular meetup of the ALX Emira folks, apparently we're going to be the hot zone for Emira ownership in Northern Virginia.

As far as events, there's of course the big C&C up at Katie's in Great Falls, but there's also a high quality smaller Cars & Coffee more local to us that would be good fun as well, it's every other Sunday at the Hollin Hall shops on Fort Hunt Rd, just off the Parkway between Old Town and Mount Vernon. Have you been?
I'm out Leesburg way, when not in Florida, good to know there are regular events in DMV.. I will just have to live vicariously since Lotus pushed the AMG to '25..

OP
M

marc1adrien

Reaction score
I'm trying to get back into cycling after several years spent getting fat. I used to ride a few hundred miles a month when I lived in Roanoke, but now mostly just ride a desk. I'm going to spend some winter miles on the trainer though, and get out more one the weather shifts this spring. Let's be friends! :ROFLMAO:
Happy to! I was a ride leader for a long time and am more than happy to get you some inspiration to ride again. Lots to ride around here...and I'm looking into a rack so I can take the Emira for my longer country rides.

OP
M

marc1adrien

Reaction score
Well done on your order and watching Harry’s reviews which are never bias to any preferred manufacturer. 😁👍🏻
I really really like him. I'll never be him (alas), but I'm happy to be inspired. Also, based on the cars we have both driven, he seems to notice and value the same things I do! I have a similar opinion to his of the new 5-series abomination.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Happy to! I was a ride leader for a long time and am more than happy to get you some inspiration to ride again. Lots to ride around here...and I'm looking into a rack so I can take the Emira for my longer country rides.
I suspect the only thing that will work on the Emira is a Seasucker. Let me know if you figure out another solution!

OP
M

marc1adrien

Reaction score
I suspect the only thing that will work on the Emira is a Seasucker. Let me know if you figure out another solution!
I concur. I have a good friend with a 911 who uses one for our rides. Indeed, we've talked about taking both cars out, doing a ride, then driving the same roads. Should be fun.

The seasucker thing makes me think I can't ppf the roof, though I'm on the fence about ppf anyway (yes, I've read those threads too).

I'm actually moving bikes about today and had a thought: I wonder whether frame and wheels would fit behind the seats, albeit disassembled and in bags. I've seen a road bike fit across the back seat of an a4 in this way. Hmmm....

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I concur. I have a good friend with a 911 who uses one for our rides. Indeed, we've talked about taking both cars out, doing a ride, then driving the same roads. Should be fun.

The seasucker thing makes me think I can't ppf the roof, though I'm on the fence about ppf anyway (yes, I've read those threads too).

I'm actually moving bikes about today and had a thought: I wonder whether frame and wheels would fit behind the seats, albeit disassembled and in bags. I've seen a road bike fit across the back seat of an a4 in this way. Hmmm....
I know this sounds mad but what about a bike trailer that you pull where the tow bar can be easily remove with nothing left visible? I saw an MX5 with one in a car park without the bikes and it had the adjustable height fitting in the trailer to fit the low tow bar. I think I’d prefer that than roof suckers or trying to get it behind the seats. I have the perfect solution for us and that’s go out in my wife’s SUV if we want to cycle, bring the dog, eat on the journey or drive somewhere with any form of mud. 😁👍🏻

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
According to this thread (thanks, @TomE ) the interior width of the parcel shelf is just under 44 inches (1115 mm), with a total center height from the shelf to roof (roughly where a saddle would extend) of 29 inches (736 mm). Not sure what your frame and fork measurements are like, might be worth a check.

The depth is variable based on seat position, but has a minimum depth of about 9 inches which should be enough for most road cranksets with pedals on. The passenger seat can be drawn forward a significant distance and also tilted forward if necessary, so there's definitely room for drop bars to swing, or even for the rear wheel to be placed on the floorboard rather than the parcel shelf, with the handlebars behind the driver.

Last edited: