Storage space

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Questions regularly come up about storage space in the Emira so I thought I'd consolidate the relevant information in one place.

Official figures for the two main storage areas are:
  • In cabin behind the seats (208 litres), which will hold two standard-sized flight cases
  • Rear boot/trunk (151 litres), which will hold one standard-sized flight case or a set of golf clubs
There is no front trunk.

In addition there are the following other storage areas:
  • Two cup holders between the seats
  • Door bins (can accommodate a 500ml bottle)
  • Glove box
  • Trinket tray (ahead of the gear shifter below the AC controls)
  • Phone storage slot by cup holders
  • Armrest with internal storage bin and USB ports
  • Passenger footwell storage net
  • On the i4 there is also a trinket tray below the shifter, where the exposed gear mechanism is on the V6
More details and pictures on each below (main storage in this post and additional storage to follow in another post due to picture constraint).

In cabin behind seats

The usability of this space depends on where you and your passenger position the seats. This diagram shows the max and min depth and the other key dimensions:

Emira seat position and rear luggage space.png

So the max rear depth is 41cm and the min is 22 cm. At a dealer roadshow a 6 foot driver set the seat up and I measured the real world gap behind the seat as about 20cm. For me at 5’9” with short legs and the seat a lot forward it was about 30cm. There was still plenty of forward movement on the seat. This is how it looked at that setting:

IMG_7623 this.JPG

... and behind the passenger seat:

IMG_7627.JPG

And this is a Lotus pic of a standard flight case in the back:

image-7_2000px.jpg

... and someone took a pic of a helmet in the space:

DF5C92E2-47B2-4DFF-A082-4B8B64C10209.jpeg

You’ll get a cabin bag behind each seat. The shelf is at about the same level as in an Evora 2+0 (or the seats in a 2+2).

Rear boot/trunk

This is a similar size and shape to the boot/trunk in the Evora. The space extends under the rear wings. I haven't seen pictures of a production car but this picture of the Dynamic prototype V6 gives you an idea. It has a fire extinguisher fitted (as it's a development car) and a non-production battery cover arrangement on the left:

Emira V6 boot.jpeg

Here's the official Lotus picture:

Emira boot V6.JPG

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Second post with details of the additional storage areas:
  • Two cup holders between the seats
  • Door bins (can accommodate a 500ml bottle)
  • Glove box
  • Trinket tray (ahead of the gear shifter below the AC controls)
  • Phone storage slot by cup holders
  • Armrest with internal storage bin and USB ports
  • Passenger footwell storage net
  • On the i4 there is also a trinket tray below the shifter, where the exposed gear mechanism is on the V6

Cup holders

245791733_10158225980662596_8285059504485390831_n.jpg

Door bins

IMG_7670.JPG

IMG_3359 JimH.JPG

Glove box

IMG_7672.JPG

Glovebox (Evolve Automotive).JPG

The above still picture is taken from the Evolve Automotive walk through video at about 3:30

Trinket tray (ahead of the gear shifter below the AC controls with the helmeted Stig)

IMG_7590.JPG

Armrest with internal storage bin and USB ports

Matt Creighton 245870145_10160008462810774_3924612276350497274_n.jpg

Passenger footwell storage net

IMG_7593.JPG

i4 trinket tray below the shifter (where the exposed gear mechanism is on the V6)

image-14_2000px.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7673.JPG
    IMG_7673.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 124

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
It's a shame it doesn't have a frunk would make it a lot more useable. All very well having 208 litres behind the seats, but for day to day use it isn't very useable unless you want to pack your shopping in luggage. I guess if your shopping for luggage it's pretty handy 🤔😅

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The boot is a decent size for shopping I think. The Evora 2+0 had a catch net at the front of the shelf, so maybe some sort of aftermarket cargo net would help, depending on what you need to carry. There are anchor points you could use for this.

I think there's still enough space compared to my Evora for me to continue doing my most important shop...

0F954AA5-F357-4ECD-962B-EF8F45CD0F0D.jpeg.362dd18264701e4fe9b15e07f381f1f0.jpeg

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The boot is a decent size for shopping I think. The Evora 2+0 had a catch net at the front of the shelf, so maybe some sort of aftermarket cargo net would help, depending on what you need to carry. There are anchor points you could use for this.

I think there's still enough space compared to my Evora for me to continue doing my most important shop...

A net or some sort of foldable storage box definitely be useful

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does the phone storage slot have wireless charging do we know? That would be a bit of a miss if it isn't.

AlexB

Reaction score
Does the phone storage slot have wireless charging do we know? That would be a bit of a miss if it isn't.
+1 on this. Also, how did this very useful post have so few replies?! Poor TomE.

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a funny feeling it does not have wireless

It's never been mentioned and didn't seem like it did in ones I've sat in, looks the wrong material

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I have a funny feeling it does not have wireless

It's never been mentioned and didn't seem like it did in ones I've sat in, looks the wrong material
Guessing it wouldn't be hard to retrofit, definitely an easily missed opportunity for a 2023 vehicle.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
+1 on this. Also, how did this very useful post have so few replies?! Poor TomE.
I haven't heard any more details on this, I suspect it isn't.

My post is searchable by anyone on here or across the internet, so hopefully people find it if they're looking :)

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Perfect weight distribution.

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Guessing it wouldn't be hard to retrofit, definitely an easily missed opportunity for a 2023 vehicle.
Yes and no. I've had cars with it and it's a horrendously slow and inefficient way to charge which causes a lot of heat.

Lotus aren't exactly famed for mod cons either.

While it would be handy to chuck the phone under there the USBC ports will do a way better job.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I heard somewhere that it was one of the chip casualties (along with some of the ADAS features). Makes sense… wireless charging seems to be one of the first things to go when there‘re not enough chips to go around. My parent‘s new Mercedes C-class doesn’t have wireless charging for that reason (the dealer offered to buy them a free changing cord!).

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I heard somewhere that it was one of the chip casualties (along with some of the ADAS features). Makes sense… wireless charging seems to be one of the first things to go when there‘re not enough chips to go around. My parent‘s new Mercedes C-class doesn’t have wireless charging for that reason (the dealer offered to buy them a free changing cord!).
Makes sense. 2021 BMW G8x had wireless charging (which btw, sucked), and it was dropped for most of MY22 because of chip shortages.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Makes sense. 2021 BMW G8x had wireless charging (which btw, sucked), and it was dropped for most of MY22 because of chip shortages.
I believe Porsche also dropped it from some models for same reason (lots of reports of overheating phones and poor performance)

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I believe Porsche also dropped it from some models for same reason (lots of reports of overheating phones and poor performance)
Yeah thats what it would do. Basically it was a slow charger, but I would use it often because the car had wireless CarPlay so it was convenient to put the phone on the rubber mat. Anyway, it was slow at charging, the phone would overheat and charging would be disabled. You would start a drive at 75% battery, throw it on the charger and end the drive at 50% battery a half hour later because the overheating killed the battery so quickly. So essentially, cool in theory but never worth it in practice. Having a usb type c like the Emira does is miles ahead of wireless charging