Storage space

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
View attachment 10419

First Emira just arrived in Canada, the Lotus rep had just arrived across the boarder and I wanted to answer the important question before I drove the car and forgot :). Will it fit? I didn't think so when I popped the boot but in fact - they made it with golf bag in mind :). Also, the space behind the seat appears to be non existent but I guess looks can be deceiving as the rep had a standard size carry on suitcase that he pulled out of it like Houdini...so there's that too.

Will post my impressions on the test drive in that thread.
Has anyone tried to see if another set of clubs (with woods removed) would fit into the storage space behind the seats if the seats are moved forward some? In another post on this thread, it appears the width of this space is around 110 cm, which would seem to be enough.

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to see if another set of clubs (with woods removed) would fit into the storage space behind the seats if the seats are moved forward some? In another post on this thread, it appears the width of this space is around 110 cm, which would seem to be enough.
Would also be interested in this🤞🏻

Worst case the passenger has to sit with their set in the front but might be a bit cramped

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Somebody has checked and reported it on another thread. A set of clubs will fit without the drivers/woods I believe.

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to see if another set of clubs (with woods removed) would fit into the storage space behind the seats if the seats are moved forward some? In another post on this thread, it appears the width of this space is around 110 cm, which would seem to be
Somebody has checked and reported it on another thread. A set of clubs will fit without the drivers/woods I believe.
Thanks Gavla.

Think it’s been confirmed one set will fit in the boot if you take the driver out first but wondering if a 2nd set would fit in the car too in the space behind the front seats…..

Be tight but maybe

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks Gavla.

Think it’s been confirmed one set will fit in the boot if you take the driver out first but wondering if a 2nd set would fit in the car too in the space behind the front seats…..

Be tight but maybe
One distinct advantage the Emira has over any Porsche - while Cayman and 911 have decent overall luggage volume (I have a 2004 996 C4S, which my Emira will be joining) the only place you can put a set of golf clubs is inside the passenger compartment - a PITA to get in and out, especially if wet and muddy.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just back from a week family holiday in the Highlands. Surprisingly practical:

wo0L4V4.jpg

3x Plane cabin bags behind the seats on the shelf, small black backpack behind passenger seat, other 3 bags in the boot with the jackets on top and still room for a passenger!

Last edited by a moderator:

schorsch

Reaction score
Just back from a week family holiday in the Highlands. Surprisingly practical:

wo0L4V4.jpg

3x Plane cabin bags behind the seats on the shelf, small black backpack behind passenger seat, other 3 bags in the boot with the jackets on top and still room for a passenger!
How tall are you and the passenger? I am 1,84m and dont think a flight case will fit behind the driver seat.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How tall are you and the passenger? I am 1,84m and dont think a flight case will fit behind the driver seat.

I'm 1.82m-ish but shorter legs, longer torso. You could move the seat slightly further back than where I had it, but much further you would need to tilt the back forward. I had the cases vertically though, if you only use to and put them horizontal it will mean you can put the seats further back, the bit contacting the case was around where the gap under the headrest is so more room if horizontal. The base of the cases didn't stick out over the edge of the shelf at all.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's my Sunday exercise preparing for a week´s trip.

Both carry-ons are same size Tumi brand.
The blue one, behind my seat, is 4 wheeler and the black one is 2 wheeler.
Horizontal position. 55x23x35,5 cm without expanding, as in the pictures.
Wheels facing the middle of the car.
1,75 cm, and my back is a little more reclined than normal. Still adjusting the seat.
In this position, I still have 5/6 cm left for expanding the trolley (was empty today) and even more space on passenger side (she is shorter!!)
Placing them vertical will not fit once expanded with my seat position.
Plenty of space for coats on top without interfering with the back view.
Center armrest can be opened more than 2/3rds.
This trolley will not fit in the trunk, the tailgate will not close fully. Therefore, trunk for soft/duffle bags.

Now I am waiting for Lotus to launch my bespoke fridge for the champagne, that way I can get rid of one trolly and Mrs shoes 😁

IMG_5047.jpegIMG_5048.jpegIMG_5049.jpegIMG_5050.jpegIMG_5051.jpegIMG_5052.jpegIMG_5053.jpegIMG_5054.jpeg

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tried on some luggage.
2, “easyJet spec”, full size carry-on cases. 53x40x23cm.
Perfect fit. Seat slightly forward of fully back.
10kg each, of course.😉

View attachment 22307

Room for some soft bags on top, and that’s without even starting in the boot.

Which will take one case and plenty of soft bags.

View attachment 22308

It’s a van.
That looks thinner than my luggageworks bag. How much vertical clearance was there between the case and the boot overhang?

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That looks thinner than my luggageworks bag. How much vertical clearance was there between the case and the boot overhang?
A normal carry on will not have clearance on the boot because of the boot lid.

Only the very thin ones will fit, like the one showed in the picture from @KJD

Last edited:

Briggo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I managed (just) to get a normal sized carry bag in the boot with woods removed but it was not easy and very tight and I had to remove the tyre pack and warning triangle. As I will rarely be transporting others to golf, my thinking is to transport the clubs in the passenger footwell with a cover over the seat when muddy!! Car only a week old so I will have another play with the clubs and report back if I find a better solution. A smaller, thinner carry bag may be the answer! If all else fails will have to take the wife's car!!

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I managed (just) to get a normal sized carry bag in the boot with woods removed but it was not easy and very tight and I had to remove the tyre pack and warning triangle. As I will rarely be transporting others to golf, my thinking is to transport the clubs in the passenger footwell with a cover over the seat when muddy!! Car only a week old so I will have another play with the clubs and report back if I find a better solution. A smaller, thinner carry bag may be the answer! If all else fails will have to take the wife's car!!
Did you try fitting the golf clubs in the space behind the seats, again with the woods pulled out?

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Apologies if I have missed these elsewhere in the forum where luggage has been discussed. We bought two of these lovely Lotus holdalls during our factory collection after checking how well they fitted in the Emira. The reality is we could have bought four or even six and got them all in!

As per the photos below, you can get two on the shelf behind the seats, either on their sides with the luggage net holding them in place, or sitting flat with the net disengaged but with the seats stopping them from falling forwards (and they are quite well wedged in without being squashed). You could actually get another two on top and still not lose all rearward visibility.

If you take the mini toolkit and warning triangle out of the boot first, you can get two in the boot, with room for those two items to go back in after or go behind the seats. I am 5'9" and the seat is not squashing the bag when reclined. If the seat was fully rearward I think the bags may be only slightly squashed.

they were £100 each in the shop - we put our £50 voucher towards them. Possibly a little bit pricey for what they are but they are light, nicely branded, have a neat separate compartment to keep dirty shoes away from your clothes, have a sleeve section on the side so they can sit on top of a wheel-along case and be firmly secured to the handle and they have a removable shoulder strap.

I've included a photo of the product code, you should be able to buy them in the online store.

20230419_144940.jpg
20230419_145116.jpg
20230419_145241.jpg
20230419_145333.jpg
20230419_145649.jpg
20230419_145708.jpg
20230419_145716.jpg

20230419_145907.jpg

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve posted this before but it shows what you can do if you can’t stretch to fancy Lotus-branded bags and you’re prepared to slum it with some Samsonite wally-trollies.

6C89FFD6-53DA-47BC-AA06-5B895FD898F9.jpeg

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I’ve posted this before but it shows what you can do if you can’t stretch to fancy Lotus-branded bags and you’re prepared to slum it with some Samsonite wally-trollies.

View attachment 25416
I remember seeing that - really useful post and will definitely be one of the options we use. "Wally-trollies" love it! :ROFLMAO:

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I remember seeing that - really useful post and will definitely be one of the options we use. "Wally-trollies" love it! :ROFLMAO:
You can even fit bigger ones behind the seats:

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Apologies if I have missed these elsewhere in the forum where luggage has been discussed. We bought two of these lovely Lotus holdalls during our factory collection after checking how well they fitted in the Emira. The reality is we could have bought four or even six and got them all in!

As per the photos below, you can get two on the shelf behind the seats, either on their sides with the luggage net holding them in place, or sitting flat with the net disengaged but with the seats stopping them from falling forwards (and they are quite well wedged in without being squashed). You could actually get another two on top and still not lose all rearward visibility.

If you take the mini toolkit and warning triangle out of the boot first, you can get two in the boot, with room for those two items to go back in after or go behind the seats. I am 5'9" and the seat is not squashing the bag when reclined. If the seat was fully rearward I think the bags may be only slightly squashed.

they were £100 each in the shop - we put our £50 voucher towards them. Possibly a little bit pricey for what they are but they are light, nicely branded, have a neat separate compartment to keep dirty shoes away from your clothes, have a sleeve section on the side so they can sit on top of a wheel-along case and be firmly secured to the handle and they have a removable shoulder strap.

I've included a photo of the product code, you should be able to buy them in the online store.

View attachment 25440View attachment 25441View attachment 25442View attachment 25443View attachment 25444View attachment 25445View attachment 25446
View attachment 25447
I do love your color combination of the DV with tan interior. I'm still leaning towards the future black exterior with the tan, which I think will also be beautiful. Oh, and I like the Lotus bags as well. Thanks for the useful photos to see how well they fit in both the trunk (boot) and behind the seats. Still waiting to see if golf clubs will fit behind the seats.