June Delivery / Change of Spec info

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi @Pav thats a really useful overview - I've been invited by B&C to do the same which I intend to take up as soon as I can, I've chosen the Touring as have Boxster Spyder which has fantiastic damping but is firm on bumpy roads and would like something more comfortable which I think Touring Emira will give me. I also dont do track days to be honest.

Interesting comparison with the GR Yaris - I've driven a few (lucky enough to be on eCOTY 2020) and placed an order with delivery due later this year, but as it was going to be my new Daily driver I tested it out on local roads and the usual trips around me and found it tiring, as you say at speed, fantastic and I want to want it badly, but for real life its just too 'jiggly' on poor roads at normal speeds, my hope is the GR86 ticks the box and I can move my purchase to that once its available...

Really insightful as you say, think while I'd like to drive the 410, I've made the right choice for my own preferences :)
Most jealous you attended eCOTY! Looks a lot of fun. Dickie Meaden interviewed my family in 1990 when we had 9 daily driver minis. The GR86 should be great.

Having reflected on it over Christmas and driven some local roads in the Yaris again as a sense check, I realised I have enough cars on the firm side. I'm old (if not sensible) enough to admit I can enjoy driving with a sense of comfort. Decision made, I confirmed switch to Touring spec earlier in the month. Looking forward to it even more now. Perhaps an excuse to swap the Yaris for the new hardcore version too ;)

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm glad to see these comparisons and everyone's ideas of suspension compared to GR Yaris etc. I've got a GR Yaris, GT86 and GR Supra, and feel that if the Emira wasn't at least as firm as the Yaris/86 I would be disappointed, I find the GR Supra too soft!

It is making me consider switching to Sport more and more... And the fact that most people aren't getting their delivery date shifted because of these changes is really encouraging!

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Since they have different spec recorded for you, did you go in and change the spec using that link at some point?

I'm wondering if the spec is submitted as finalised when you pay the 2nd deposit, or was submitted on the final day of submissions in November. I did a change to my spec after the payment, but before the November cutoff and was still able to access and edit, and click the save button. Will be interesting to see which went through!

I thought I'd just add a wee update to this, I emailed Lotus yesterday will a full spec update as it differed from the one I submitted with the second deposit, and they informed me the only change was the privacy glass compared to what they had, meaning the update I submitted using the original configuration link was the one that was saved, and not the one with the initial deposit.

I'm not sure when the cutoff for this to work was, it may well have been the November deposit cutoff, but there's a chance you can just use the link again to go in and update things if you have a later build date which would be useful!