June Delivery / Change of Spec info

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So those of us that have had the 3rd call AND have asked to change spec have gone on to a spreadsheet. This is to enable Lotus to work out the impact of the changes. We will be called in January with the information as to any delay on your delivery. You can either stay with your orginal choice or change, i guess that will depend on what they say.

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I woud have thought there a lot of buyers looking to change spec, I including me, moving everyone around will create chaos in their already muddled system!!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Good old spready..
I envisage there will be others wanting to change colours for the slots to be broadly maintained. I.e I've got Seneca blue but want nimbus, someone wants to move from nimbus to Seneca - trading places.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
But why oh why oh why not just have the cut off for spec changes inline with the deadline of the 3rd configurator sign-off 🤦

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Between all the pre orders taken and the limited number of actual 'choices' then the chances are whatever spec you've chosen now and your final spec, there will be someone else who no longer wants the spec you do. It'll take some decent admin, but on that basis 95% of people who change spec late on shouldnt see a major impact to their timelines.
End of the day if getting one of the first Emira's in the world is more important than seeing the colour in real life then you still can. Im not committing the final deposit until I've driven one, having chosen Nimbus I want to see it on the car, the same with Verdant, but overall if the car doesn't excite me enough to part with c£80k I wont be buying it, sadly Im not sure what would tempt me instead...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've also asked if they can give some more general guidance too, such as (for example) changing the paint won't delay but changing suspension will and will add 2/4/6 weeks. It may not be feasible to give this and it may end up being individuals case by case, but no harm in asking.

In theory, some changes should be much easier than others provided they roughly balance out across the batch. Wheels for example, and privacy glass.

I'm glad I re-visited my spec on the last day before 2nd deposit submissions and I'm now happy I'll stick with it. I can also tell Mrs E that it's now too late to change from Mid Life Crisis Yellow :)

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Wow. Before actual painted cars are seen by human eyes… This is Cra Cra!

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And completely against everything we were told at dealer roadshows, at the Hethel event and told by senior staff...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
And completely against everything we were told at dealer roadshows, at the Hethel event and told by senior staff...
Yup. Top of my (long) list of issues being emailed to Lotus over the weekend, in response to them asking me today for feedback from me and across the forums about the process. At least they have now asked for feedback.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ok I’ll bite. New trims?
Steering wheel options.JPG

... but don't get excited - they're still only available on the V6 Auto :(

JumboJet

Reaction score
Coloured 12 o’clock markers on steering wheels, leather & alcantara, red, yellow or grey, all added to UK configurator.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yup. Top of my (long) list of issues being emailed to Lotus over the weekend, in response to them asking me today for feedback from me and across the forums about the process. At least they have now asked for feedback.
A bit late, but hey 😅
Cheers Tom for taking the time and energy to feedback anyway. I don't think you need any further feedback from me 😇😂
I hope they actually do something constructive with it

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
View attachment 1922

... but don't get excited - they're still only available on the V6 Auto :(
...and this is contrary to feedback from Lotus' Head of Sales for Europe, who assured me at a viewing in London (on 7th Nov) that they will be looking to fix this anomaly. B&C has subsequently informed me that I have been wrongly advised! Begs the question as to where the source of truth lies...

Per the other threads, Lotus really needs a Chief Information Officer (CIO) to take control of the situation related to communication, especially with regards to inconsistent or inaccurate information.

Last edited:

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Perhaps you should email it directly to Matt Windle as well

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great to hear they are at least asking for feedback. You know my gripes from my previous posts. Much like you a long time fan and multiple Lotus owner who really wants them to succeed, but jeez, they really, really need to up their game on customer communication.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
...and this is contrary to feedback from Lotus' Head of Sales for Europe, who assured me at a viewing in London (on 7th Nov) that they will be looking to fix this anomaly. B&C has subsequently informed me that I have been wrongly advised! Begs the question as to where the source of truth lies...

Per the other threads, Lotus really needs a Chief Information Officer (CIO) to take control of the situation related to communication, especially with regards to inconsistent or inaccurate information.
I was given a similar assurance by someone senior. But it was only "we're going back to the supplier to see what we can do" rather than a promise to fix it. It appears they haven't been able to. They just needed to come back and explain that.