June Delivery / Change of Spec info

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
So far, Lotus Customer Care have been excellent, and, more often than not, have responded to emails within a couple of days or so. The only issue I have had, as posted earlier on in this topic, was the inaccurate information communicated to me in person by senior management with regards to customising the steering wheel on V6 manual cars. However, I sent a frank email yesterday stating the multitude of inconsistent and contradictory messages being communicated to various parties, which seem to contradict what I have been told, seeking clarification and accurate information on these. Now awaiting a response, so we will see if anything has changed.

Wonder whether I too will now have to join the back of the queue (i.e. move from whichever batch I may have been in, which is something I never knew). :unsure:
Steering wheel is the easiest and cheapest thing you can do yourself tbf. I wouldnt lose any sleep over it :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
99% of the population won't even recognise it's a Lotus. So I doubt they'll look at a TDC marker, side badge and engine cover and go "ah, I see you went for the auto V6 First Edition"!

I'll count it as a win if they don't say "nice Lambo" about mine (or "nice Ferrari" if you've ordered Magma).

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Called by Lotus today to say there has been NO impact on delivery date for my changes. These were:
Interior change
Suspension change
Caliper change
Added black pack
Added tracker

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's excellent news Nick. Those all involve bought-in components so were potentially at risk of being affected. Let's hope the same applies for others.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Called by Lotus today to say there has been NO impact on delivery date for my changes. These were:
Interior change
Suspension change
Caliper change
Added black pack
Added tracker
so apart from external colour, a complete change - thats hopeful for me with interior and exterior colour change.

Last edited:

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
But there are sooooo many other bigger fish to fry in regards to misinformation 😁
Indeed, but the above was included, amongst other matters/questions, in my feedback because assurance was given in person by a member of the senior management, who went on to hand over his business card asking me to contact him should I have any further questions or require more information. Surprise, surprise, both my follow-up email and call (voicemail) went unanswered. That is why it has become a matter of principle. :rolleyes:

However, let's not derail this thread any further.

Last edited:

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Interior change
Suspension change
Caliper change
Added black pack
Added tracker
Excellent news.

Cannot think of anything else, except the body colour, that one could change...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Indeed, but the above was included, amongst other matters/questions, in my feedback because assurance was given in person by a member of the senior management, who went on to hand over his business card asking me to contact him should I have any further questions or require more information. Surprise, surprise, both my follow-up email and call (voicemail) went unanswered. That is why it has become a matter of principle. :rolleyes:

However, let's not derail this thread any further.
It was in my written feedback to Lotus yesterday, as one of several examples of inconsistent information. My points are being discussed internally by Lotus and I am promised a response.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Excellent news.

Cannot think of anything else, except the body colour, that one could change...
Auto gearbox, wheel style, steering wheel, homelink and privacy glass. But you know I'm a stickler for completeness ;)

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It was in my written feedback to Lotus yesterday, as one of several examples of inconsistent information. My points are being discussed internally by Lotus and I am promised a response.
Excellent. Thank you, Tom.

Reactions: Pav
OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
so apart from external colour, a complete change - thats hopeful for me with interior and exterior colour cha
That's right.
Auto gearbox, wheel style, steering wheel, homelink and privacy glass. But you know I'm a stickler for completeness ;)
Homelink delete
I'll give you the rest 🙂

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That's right.

Homelink delete
I'll give you the rest 🙂
Are they still planning to inform people in January if the changes are acceptable to still hit June delivery or are they informing people now- like yourself Nick?

OP
NickR

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Are they still planning to inform people in January if the changes are acceptable to still hit June delivery or are they informing people now- like yourself Nick?
They are calling. Might be the new year but within a few weeks

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Interior change
Suspension change
Caliper change
Added black pack
Added tracker
What suspension have you switched to (and why?) I’m currently on Touring but really thinking about changing to Sport