June Delivery / Change of Spec info

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was given a similar assurance by someone senior. But it was only "we're going back to the supplier to see what we can do" rather than a promise to fix it. It appears they haven't been able to. They just needed to come back and explain that.
Indeed Tom, and I would have been okay if I had received a reply stating that they could not keep to it, but both my subsequent email and phone call appeared to have been ignored.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Indeed Tom, and I would have been okay if I had received a reply stating that they could not keep to it, but both my subsequent email and phone call appeared to have been ignored.
Hi @TomE. I wonder why they are only asking for feedback from you? Not that you won’t do a stellar job representing the forum chatter. But they would get much richer feedback if they asked all deposit orders to chime in.

Interceptor19

Reaction score
So those of us that have had the 3rd call AND have asked to change spec have gone on to a spreadsheet. This is to enable Lotus to work out the impact of the changes. We will be called in January with the information as to any delay on your delivery. You can either stay with your orginal choice or change, i guess that will depend on what they say.
I got an email and a phone call yesterday to say my FE car will be ready in June...disappointingly not Spring as first indicated but everything in the world is delayed currently! Ordered and placed deposit a month or so before Goodwood launch...only 6 months to go !

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So they can change the spec after 2nd deposit but customers can’t…
They haven't, stitching/marker was only available on auto when they announced specifications and pricing.

And yes, they can change spec at any time prior to order - it's in the T&Cs. They can change the pricing too. It's unlikely they will, it's just standard terms for a deposit. Once it becomes an order it can't be changed.

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone actually know how we can look back at our chosen spec? I can’t even remember exactly what I chose because it didn’t seem important at the time as I was assured it could be changed at a later date 😣.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Does anyone actually know how we can look back at our chosen spec? I can’t even remember exactly what I chose because it didn’t seem important at the time as I was assured it could be changed at a later date 😣.
Configuration roulette!

If your initial spec was in July - September it was also on the old configurator…

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Ahh, I normally like roulette…. But not in this case 😜
If I go on the link I received for the 2nd deposit it shows my current build on the configurator which unfortunately is not the build they have recorded for me 🤨

I’ve changed the external colour and internal trim, I darent change the suspension as it may break the system they use for everybody 🤪

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If I go on the link I received for the 2nd deposit it shows my current build on the configurator which unfortunately is not the build they have recorded for me 🤨

I’ve changed the external colour and internal trim, I darent change the suspension as it may break the system they use for everybody 🤪
So its Lotus Lotto then 😂

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Since they have different spec recorded for you, did you go in and change the spec using that link at some point?

I'm wondering if the spec is submitted as finalised when you pay the 2nd deposit, or was submitted on the final day of submissions in November. I did a change to my spec after the payment, but before the November cutoff and was still able to access and edit, and click the save button. Will be interesting to see which went through!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Since they have different spec recorded for you, did you go in and change the spec using that link at some point?

I'm wondering if the spec is submitted as finalised when you pay the 2nd deposit, or was submitted on the final day of submissions in November. I did a change to my spec after the payment, but before the November cutoff and was still able to access and edit, and click the save button. Will be interesting to see which went through!
For some reason im still able to access the link, make changes and click on Save. I'm not optimistic that my changes communicated verbally to Sharon @ Lotus will be recorded - nothing against Lotus but is of late "Covd" seems to have affected customer services across all manner of businesses.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi @TomE. I wonder why they are only asking for feedback from you? Not that you won’t do a stellar job representing the forum chatter. But they would get much richer feedback if they asked all deposit orders to chime in.
This isn't an official "Lotus Customer Feedback Survey" type thing.

To cut a long story short, I was trying to get hold of one of my contacts at Hethel and ended up speaking to someone else I'd not met before. Talked about my (and our) frustrations with lack of comms, limited info and inconsistencies, in particular highlighting the apparently revised position on spec changes. As a consequence of me explaining how this was impacting on deposit holders they were keen to understand more and have something in writing to discuss internally.

So a large dose of right place right time.

Of course it would be great if they asked everyone, or even a decent sample, but they don't have a mechanism for that. Which is also part of the problem. Dealers and the central Customer Care team in UK probably have plenty of feedback, or at least a stack of questions from us that they can't answer. No one appears to be analysing that to look at underlying insights or to take action. As we all keep observing, they lack that kind of "walk in your customer's shoes" mindset - #forthedrivers but not #forthecustomers.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This isn't an official "Lotus Customer Feedback Survey" type thing.

To cut a long story short, I was trying to get hold of one of my contacts at Hethel and ended up speaking to someone else I'd not met before. Talked about my (and our) frustrations with lack of comms, limited info and inconsistencies, in particular highlighting the apparently revised position on spec changes. As a consequence of me explaining how this was impacting on deposit holders they were keen to understand more and have something in writing to discuss internally.

So a large dose of right place right time.

Of course it would be great if they asked everyone, or even a decent sample, but they don't have a mechanism for that. Which is also part of the problem. Dealers and the central Customer Care team in UK probably have plenty of feedback, or at least a stack of questions from us that they can't answer. No one appears to be analysing that to look at underlying insights or to take action. As we all keep observing, they lack that kind of "walk in your customer's shoes" mindset - #forthedrivers but not #forthecustomers.
Hi Tom.... they need you...... to be honest I am apprehensive about contacting Lotus Customer services.... one been told when asking question about the process etc... to be told I was knocking the brand, then finding out they are keeping notes on our contacts..... ?

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi Tom.... they need you...... to be honest I am apprehensive about contacting Lotus Customer services.... one been told when asking question about the process etc... to be told I was knocking the brand, then finding out they are keeping notes on our contacts..... ?
I think that's pretty common these days (the notes bit), it'll be a CRM system or some such so any call or email you send will be attached to your order ID, to help customer service avoid going over old ground and understand where you are at. Though I would imagine a few of us may potentially have 'checkered histories' on the system through no real fault of our own. As one example, I was polite but fairly clear that things didn't feel great when the manual steering wheels lost the stitching. I got a nice reply the first time. Nothing the second.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think that's pretty common these days (the notes bit), it'll be a CRM system or some such so any call or email you send will be attached to your order ID, to help customer service avoid going over old ground and understand where you are at. Though I would imagine a few of us may potentially have 'checkered histories' on the system through no real fault of our own. As one example, I was polite but fairly clear that things didn't feel great when the manual steering wheels lost the stitching. I got a nice reply the first time. Nothing the second.
I hope it’s not the case that simply calling to ask questions or to register a concern would cause customer service reps to treat one with derision or neglect. I can understand poor customer service arising from being overwhelmed, but to have it be an active thing is quite another matter. Let’s give them them the benefit of the doubt, at least regarding intent.

torstin

Reaction score
I hope it’s not the case that simply calling to ask questions or to register a concern would cause customer service reps to treat one with derision or neglect. I can understand poor customer service arising from being overwhelmed, but to have it be an active thing is quite another matter. Let’s give them them the benefit of the doubt, at least regarding intent.
I hope it is. Back of the queue, troublemakers!

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If that's the case then mine's getting delivered in 2025!
So far, Lotus Customer Care have been excellent, and, more often than not, have responded to emails within a couple of days or so. The only issue I have had, as posted earlier on in this topic, was the inaccurate information communicated to me in person by senior management with regards to customising the steering wheel on V6 manual cars. However, I sent a frank email yesterday stating the multitude of inconsistent and contradictory messages being communicated to various parties, which seem to contradict what I have been told, seeking clarification and accurate information on these. Now awaiting a response, so we will see if anything has changed.

Wonder whether I too will now have to join the back of the queue (i.e. move from whichever batch I may have been in, which is something I never knew). :unsure: