• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I'm in - the buyers thread

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My car is currently getting PPF'd in full and also getting body, wheels and windows with Ceramic coating and interior protection.

I will do a video to show it all. Looks like my Emira has changed colour a little as I opted for a satin PPF.

Initially, there was a lot of detailing apparently. The paint is poor.

I have opted for all the quality stuff so that should be fairly informative when I feed it back on here.
The paint comment is interesting. Early on there were statements about revolutionary new paint processes, leading one to assume a superlative outcome with launch colors.
Now a 'hue' and cry.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The paint comment is interesting. Early on there were statements about revolutionary new paint processes, leading one to assume a superlative outcome with launch colors.
Now a 'hue' and cry.
I wouldn't read to much into that, the paint on mine is visually fine, I'm sure my mate that runs a top end detailing business will tell me it's poor, he tells me ferrari paint is generally poor etc

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I was at the factory today and there's cars literally everywhere!!

The factory collection is absolutely brilliant
Now when you say cars everywhere, were they finished? lol. Also, have they made a dent in the Autos yet? I have done step 1 of the online app where I lock in my spec, it's "in production" yet I'm still looking at July delivery... so I assume it's not actually in production they just needed something final sounding so people won't go in and change the spec.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I wouldn't read to much into that, the paint on mine is visually fine, I'm sure my mate that runs a top end detailing business will tell me it's poor, he tells me ferrari paint is generally poor etc
I have contacted a guy I know about PPF, he has done 1 Emria already, and he said the paint was poor. It also had an issue on some panels that they are going to correct, so he's going to call me when the car is in to fix that so I can see the PPF process and costs. Perhaps the early builds had issues, but the later ones have been corrected?

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I thought the Hethel yellow touring in the US demo car has really decent looking paint up close. Other colors may have more orange peel. I obviously couldn’t check for softness of paint or thickness. Coverage seemed good, I couldn’t find many imperfections, and even the areas where you’d expect to find any runs were clean.

That all being said, you can’t expect too much for a modern paint job on a fiberglass body — no matter how many state of the art buzzwords you throw at it.

dzernski

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well I've just done my "configuration", 18 months after the last one. I am under little illusion that trying to reason with these people about the efficacy of promises made will magically result in a correction to the price, so I've partially offset by changing some options I wasn't certain about. The will really begin when they send the invoice.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I thought the Hethel yellow touring in the US demo car has really decent looking paint up close. Other colors may have more orange peel. I obviously couldn’t check for softness of paint or thickness. Coverage seemed good, I couldn’t find many imperfections, and even the areas where you’d expect to find any runs were clean.

That all being said, you can’t expect too much for a modern paint job on a fiberglass body — no matter how many state of the art buzzwords you throw at it.
Remember Hethel Yellow is a solid colour and all the others are metallics, so it’s slightly easier to paint.

When they announced the colours I was disappointed it wasn’t a metallic yellow and was told they hadn’t been able to get decent, even coverage with a metallic yellow.

There were issues with the colour attaching differently to different base materials and getting some shadowing from the underlying raw surface. That’s also caused by the fairly thin paint layer produced by the robotic spray process. So doors, wings and bumpers were difficult to get to look the same.

You can see this on some of the early Nimbus cars too, for example the B&C demo car and Goodwood 2022 show car.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Seems like that thread needs to get unlocked *lighting a match* 🔥
Sorry, that’s my fault. Looks like I locked it for pruning then didn’t finish and unlock it. I’ll sort it out.

Reactions: ADC

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Remember Hethel Yellow is a solid colour and all the others are metallics, so it’s slightly easier to paint.

When they announced the colours I was disappointed it wasn’t a metallic yellow and was told they hadn’t been able to get decent, even coverage with a metallic yellow.

There were issues with the colour attaching differently to different base materials and getting some shadowing from the underlying raw surface. That’s also caused by the fairly thin paint layer produced by the robotic spray process. So doors, wings and bumpers were difficult to get to look the same.

You can see this on some of the early Nimbus cars too, for example the B&C demo car and Goodwood 2022 show car.

Damn, I forgot about that. Hoping the orange peel on the metallics isn't too horrible.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry, that’s my fault. Looks like I locked it for pruning then didn’t finish and unlock it. I’ll sort it out.
Don't delete too much of the melodrama... some of it is entertaining in retrospect :)

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey guys, got an email this morning from Lotus USA (even though I'm in Canada lol). It says:

Thank you for becoming a priority Emira customer.

You’re in the fast lane and we’ll let you know first about any important Emira updates as they occur.

In the meantime, you can look forward to configuring your car and completing your order in the Fall.

Welcome to Emira. Not just another sports car. The other sports car.

Lotus Cars USA

That's good news right? Coz I put my initial deposit in early January 2023, and I was told by my local Lotus dealer that I should expect to configure my Emira and pay my 2nd deposit in the summer of 2024 for a 2025 delivery. Based on what I'm reading on the forum here, I was totally expecting a 2-3 year delivery at best. It looks like it might actually be sooner? Or am I being too optimistic? :oops:

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey guys, got an email this morning from Lotus USA (even though I'm in Canada lol). It says:

Thank you for becoming a priority Emira customer.

You’re in the fast lane and we’ll let you know first about any important Emira updates as they occur.

In the meantime, you can look forward to configuring your car and completing your order in the Fall.

Welcome to Emira. Not just another sports car. The other sports car.

Lotus Cars USA

That's good news right? Coz I put my initial deposit in early January 2023, and I was told by my local Lotus dealer that I should expect to configure my Emira and pay my 2nd deposit in the summer of 2024 for a 2025 delivery. Based on what I'm reading on the forum here, I was totally expecting a 2-3 year delivery at best. It looks like it might actually be sooner? Or am I being too optimistic? :oops:
I got that email on the 12th July 2021 and still no car :ROFLMAO:. I'm UK though