I'm in - the buyers thread

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hey guys, got an email this morning from Lotus USA (even though I'm in Canada lol). It says:

Thank you for becoming a priority Emira customer.

You’re in the fast lane and we’ll let you know first about any important Emira updates as they occur.

In the meantime, you can look forward to configuring your car and completing your order in the Fall.

Welcome to Emira. Not just another sports car. The other sports car.

Lotus Cars USA

That's good news right? Coz I put my initial deposit in early January 2023, and I was told by my local Lotus dealer that I should expect to configure my Emira and pay my 2nd deposit in the summer of 2024 for a 2025 delivery. Based on what I'm reading on the forum here, I was totally expecting a 2-3 year delivery at best. It looks like it might actually be sooner? Or am I being too optimistic? :oops:
Ya sorry to burst your bubble. Just a canned response we all got after our deposit.

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So I did reach out to the Lotus sales manager here, and he says yeah, it’s unrealistic to configure/place my order this fall. Full marks for transparency from my local dealer!

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In response to the original post, I am definitely in. My only regret so far is being so late to discover this amazing car. As I'm currently in a lease that has another couple years to go, I hadn't been paying much attention to the automotive press. Waiting a couple years for the Emira to arrive won't be a new experience for me though. I placed a deposit for a BMW i8 back in 2014 and didn't take delivery of the car until 2018. That was much longer than it needed to be as I had to deal with some personal issues that caused me to cancel my original order and start a new one mid-way through my wait. When it was all said and done, though, it was worth the wait and I loved driving my i8. I know the wait for the Emira will be agonizing, but I'm hopeful that I'll enjoy a similar level of satisfaction when it finally arrives.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
In response to the original post, I am definitely in. My only regret so far is being so late to discover this amazing car. As I'm currently in a lease that has another couple years to go, I hadn't been paying much attention to the automotive press. Waiting a couple years for the Emira to arrive won't be a new experience for me though. I placed a deposit for a BMW i8 back in 2014 and didn't take delivery of the car until 2018. That was much longer than it needed to be as I had to deal with some personal issues that caused me to cancel my original order and start a new one mid-way through my wait. When it was all said and done, though, it was worth the wait and I loved driving my i8. I know the wait for the Emira will be agonizing, but I'm hopeful that I'll enjoy a similar level of satisfaction when it finally arrives.
Lol...many will say you're coming in at the best time! Some people have been waiting nearly 3 years already with who knows how much longer to go.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
After test driving the Emira, 718 GT4, 718 GTS, C8, R8 manual V10+, and riding passenger in an Evora and older Cayman, I am very firmly in (unless prices go up further or we get delayed to 2025). R8 was amazing, but I cant bring myself to spend even more on a 10 year old used Audi... just screams bad idea. Also, fiance thinks they're ugly. My faith was shaken for a bit which lead to a few more test drives, but now I am confident that the Emira is the car I want. Let's hope it is the car I end up with, and that it doesnt break down immediately!

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
After test driving the Emira, 718 GT4, 718 GTS, C8, R8 manual V10+, and riding passenger in an Evora and older Cayman, I am very firmly in (unless prices go up further or we get delayed to 2025). R8 was amazing, but I cant bring myself to spend even more on a 10 year old used Audi... just screams bad idea. Also, fiance thinks they're ugly. My faith was shaken for a bit which lead to a few more test drives, but now I am confident that the Emira is the car I want. Let's hope it is the car I end up with, and that it doesnt break down immediately!
I saw your post in the "cancel" thread and thought I would come here to cause you more grief! Lol

I will admit some of the issues made me stop chewing my food for a second but I instantly went back to stuffing my face. The recent videos that people have posted of them driving on the autobahn and the track were very cool. The Emira is just to unique for me. And speaking of the R8. This last model is a winner. Don't pull your Emira deposit until you really have to!

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I saw your post in the "cancel" thread and thought I would come here to cause you more grief! Lol

I will admit some of the issues made me stop chewing my food for a second but I instantly went back to stuffing my face. The recent videos that people have posted of them driving on the autobahn and the track were very cool. The Emira is just to unique for me. And speaking of the R8. This last model is a winner. Don't pull your Emira deposit until you really have to!

That is fair, and my fiance does still think the R8 is ugly for the record :LOL: I am keeping my deposit in for now, and truly hoping things take a better turn. I would love to have renewed optimism and confidence in the Emira more than anything right now! As you pointed out, the R8 is coming to an end so it may be a someone decent idea to get one while they are affordable. But car prices are a gamble regardless, and nothing makes sense these days anymore lol

P.S. you'll notice my initial reservations when I was firmly in were breakdowns and further delays, both of which seem more than probable at this point, sadly.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Let's stay positive people. I'm still very much in. Hopefully by 2024 (US deliveries) most of the electrical stuff will be sorted out. Haven't read bad reviews about the driving dynamics of the car and not that interested in 1000hp and 0-60 times.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That is fair, and my fiance does still think the R8 is ugly for the record :LOL: I am keeping my deposit in for now, and truly hoping things take a better turn. I would love to have renewed optimism and confidence in the Emira more than anything right now! As you pointed out, the R8 is coming to an end so it may be a someone decent idea to get one while they are affordable. But car prices are a gamble regardless, and nothing makes sense these days anymore lol
And I agree with your fiance! :ROFLMAO:

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
And I agree with your fiance! :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha I have to admit, they arent my favorite in terms of looks either, but I think Gen 1 is better than Gen 2 by a little bit. Also, they are pretty common, at least the V8s. Not the worst thing in the world though.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

P.S. you'll notice my initial reservations when I was firmly in were breakdowns and further delays, both of which seem more than probable at this point, sadly.
I also saw (and responded to) your post in the Other) thread.
Revisit post 13 in this one.
Between this thread and that one, we have the Ins & Outs of the Lotus experience.

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm hoping by the time mine comes round the issues won't be issues anymore (although the wipers probably still won't work!).

I've never considered the R8 ugly before.

Isn't the power of suggestion a curious thing! :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The Emira is just to unique for me.
That’s actually becoming a concern of mine. This many deposits across more and more dealerships. I went with Lotus because they were rarer than most. Not just that but uniqueness is a factor I’m willing to pay for. I swear if anyone in my town or the next one over has one, I’m all the way out.

Edit- combined population of my city and all small towns surrounding is less than 150,000.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
That’s actually becoming a concern of mine. This many deposits across more and more dealerships. I went with Lotus because they were rarer than most. Not just that but uniqueness is a factor I’m willing to pay for. I swear if anyone in my town or the next one over has one, I’m all the way out.

Edit- combined population of my city and all small towns surrounding is less than 150,000.
I do like the idea of having something that isn't everywhere but my unique comment was more about the car itself. The sound is unique, the looks are unique, and the steering feel is unique to me. All that wrapped in a mid engine manual. You should be pretty exclusive in a town of 150K.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order

You should be looking into Bugattis, caterhams, etc.