I'm in - the buyers thread

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That’s actually becoming a concern of mine. This many deposits across more and more dealerships. I went with Lotus because they were rarer than most. Not just that but uniqueness is a factor I’m willing to pay for. I swear if anyone in my town or the next one over has one, I’m all the way out.

Edit- combined population of my city and all small towns surrounding is less than 150,000.
If you get your wish, you'll be known around town as That Guy.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
From what I can recall you have a million reasons to be “all the way out” yet you’re still here lol though that one might have topped them all
As always this forum provides great laughs. Hilarious from everyone!

"My town or the next one over" :ROFLMAO:

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I do like the idea of having something that isn't everywhere but my unique comment was more about the car itself. The sound is unique, the looks are unique, and the steering feel is unique to me. All that wrapped in a mid engine manual. You should be pretty exclusive in a town of 150K.
But, like most of us, you crave something unique and spend your weekends looking for car related events with other Emiras. :LOL:

And if you’re lucky, you’ll never see one with the exact spec. of yours!

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
From what I can recall you have a million reasons to be “all the way out” yet you’re still here lol though that one might have topped them all
Because I really like Lotus. I have a special history with a ‘91 Esprit. I just want the Emira to as awe inspiring as we all hope.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
But, like most of us, you crave something unique and spend your weekends looking for car related events with other Emiras. :LOL:

And if you’re lucky, you’ll never see one with the exact spec. of yours!
With the limited options on spec, doubt it. Maybe I’ll get the the McLotus colors. Only one of those I’ve seen is in UK from this forum.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
With the limited options on spec, doubt it. Maybe I’ll get the the McLotus colors. Only one of those I’ve seen is in UK from this forum.
Or, you could put a Pizza Hut delivery lamp on the roof for those craving fast food? ;)

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Actually seen a newly built McLotus one at the factory on Monday, in final test stage, so perhaps not a totally rare spec

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
And on the subject of 'In'... Both me and the missus are absolutely 100% still IN after seeing Seneca Blue for the first time in person (lots of them) on our factory tour. Is a much deeper colour than most cameras seem capable of capturing (appears lighter in pics than it is in reality) 💙💙💙

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
And on the subject of 'In'... Both me and the missus are absolutely 100% still IN after seeing Seneca Blue for the first time in person (lots of them) on our factory tour. Is a much deeper colour than most cameras seem capable of capturing (appears lighter in pics than it is in reality) 💙💙💙

What is your wheel spec with the Seneca?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

This is so reassuring! Thank you.

nelly111s

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't need convincing

Screenshot 2023-07-24 at 23.19.28.png

Zardoz

Reaction score
I am an FE deposit holder since since October of 2021 & I am still in for a number of reasons.
1. I am fortunate to have & garage a few cars, the Emira will not be a DD. Just a weekend & excursion car.
2. Any other car I may want is a a price point that is much higher than the Emira. I have a mental hurdle that I cannot overcome driving around a $200+ car. I lusted for a Porsche 993 TT, but prices are way too high & they are now 25 years old. I do not want to deal with old car issues. New car warranty a big bonus.
3. Manual gearbox is a must. Fullstop. No Ferrari, No Lambo, no flappy paddles.
4. I test drove the Emira 2 times, It is just sublime & engaging.
5. Dealer is 10 minutes from my house, so I have no service issue worries.
6. I do not plan on using it on a track. Nearest track is 100 miles + So I have no interested in track focused P-cars. I chuckle when I see all of these GT-4's, GT-2's etc at local shows & C&C's. They were built to thrash on a track, not to discuss the carbon bits with a latte in your hand.
7. The Emira is just a beautiful car. I am a big fan of a pleasing aesthetic as well as performance.

I am disappointed in the way the USA roll out has been handled, 3 promised dates have come & gone. I have little faith that I will see the car before the end of 2023. I am patient, just not getting any younger.

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I am an FE deposit holder since since October of 2021 & I am still in for a number of reasons.
1. I am fortunate to have & garage a few cars, the Emira will not be a DD. Just a weekend & excursion car.
2. Any other car I may want is a a price point that is much higher than the Emira. I have a mental hurdle that I cannot overcome driving around a $200+ car. I lusted for a Porsche 993 TT, but prices are way too high & they are now 25 years old. I do not want to deal with old car issues. New car warranty a big bonus.
3. Manual gearbox is a must. Fullstop. No Ferrari, No Lambo, no flappy paddles.
4. I test drove the Emira 2 times, It is just sublime & engaging.
5. Dealer is 10 minutes from my house, so I have no service issue worries.
6. I do not plan on using it on a track. Nearest track is 100 miles + So I have no interested in track focused P-cars. I chuckle when I see all of these GT-4's, GT-2's etc at local shows & C&C's. They were built to thrash on a track, not to discuss the carbon bits with a latte in your hand.
7. The Emira is just a beautiful car. I am a big fan of a pleasing aesthetic as well as performance.

I am disappointed in the way the USA roll out has been handled, 3 promised dates have come & gone. I have little faith that I will see the car before the end of 2023. I am patient, just not getting any younger.
Like I have said before, I didn't order a car I ordered a casket.
:ROFLMAO: