I'm in - the buyers thread

denk0815

Reaction score
I'm still interested, even though my seller is ghosting me. However, I'm currently considering whether it's wise to buy a car that was produced during the current global supply crisis. In many areas I have insight into, alternatives for unavailable materials are being more or less tested on the customer. Since I've been waiting for the i4 for over a year and don't expect to get it before 2024, it might be advisable to wait out the current crisis.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am very much in for an i4 due August ish.

Thank you for creating this although like in real life I am sure good/positive posts will prove much less popular that the moaning thread(s). I confess I find the forum in general very depressing reading currently with some good reasons for sure.

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am very much in for an i4 due August ish.

Thank you for creating this although like in real life I am sure good/positive posts will prove much less popular that the moaning thread(s). I confess I find the forum in general very depressing reading currently with some good reasons for sure.
There is another growing wave of interest now that cars are being delivered to customers and are visible by the general public on the roads. This is driving new deposits and lots of enquiries, especially in regions outside the UK.

Down under all the V6 FE slots have been sold out for quite a while, and only a few remaining i4 FE build slots remain. The remainder of customers will need to order Base edition cars which will be delivered around H2 2024 (18 month wait).

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I´m still in so far. Don't know how much more patience I can have.

Although brain tells me that maybe I should cancel and just enjoy the Evora, and wait for a GT edition 3 or 4 years down the line.

Maybe a thread should be created for the indecisive, and we all move there except the ones that already cancelled /sold . 🤣

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Still all in. This will be my only car to replace my current only-car, I have no "driving seasons" or "annual roadtrips" in my life, so no rush. Actually, the wait is allowing me more time to spend enjoying my current Grocery Express Vehicle.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm still in for an i4 first-batch UK build (August) as originally chosen on deposit day (Goodwood Thursday 2021) but still disappointed by the lacking communications - perhaps the monthly updates promised on 14th November in the last, generic "delay" email will start "soon"......

Last edited:

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
76u3lh.jpg

Still in ;)

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm still in, but it will be 2.5 years of waiting before I get my base spec.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm still in but this is waning with every passing day as other things are cropping up which are FAR more important that a 4th car.

I am only a week or two away from having to make a decision I never wanted to make as I thought I could keep the Ferrari, Bentley, C63 and get an Emira.

It looks like I will have to sell the Ferrari or not get the Emira.
There are obvious pros and cons to each.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm still 100% in, but like others here, I could really use some concrete updates on the US schedule. I missed the FE cut with my US dealer by a few slots and I don't know if that means another ~6 months wait, or another year+. There has been no shortage of speculation on this forum, but precious little authoritative information. I don't bother my dealer anymore, because it's clear they don't have much more information than we have on this forum. I may be naive, but I am still holding out hope that US FE production does, in fact, begin this month or next and that customer cars will start showing up in Mar/Apr timeframe. I also remain eternally hopeful that the Base Edition configurator will show up in the next month or two and that the BE order book opens up soon after that.

Given the above, I have not had much to contribute on the forum and I'm part of the relatively silent masses coming back here regularly for some scrap of information that might indicate when next steps in the process may occur. I understand where the negativity comes from, as Lotus has really botched the communication and scored some spectacular own goals throughout this process. But I think they've produced a wonderful sports car and I'm a "cup half full" kind of person - extremely thankful that I even have the opportunity to consider purchasing a car like this. I am still very excited to get an Emira and I thoroughly enjoy (and envy) the reports from new owners receiving and driving their cars. This car absolutely hits the center of the bullseye for me and I am in for the long haul.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m in as long as my car is delivered by May anything later and the Lotus dream is over.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Second to my wife’s opinion, the most important thing for me is getting back into a convertible. Sadly my wife HATES the 718 convertible. But she likes the C8 convertible, and I LOVED my 2 c8 test drives. But after all that I’m 98% in on the Emira after my test drive. The car was so much fun to drive and she digs it the most. She really surprised me when she said “walking up to the Emira will be fun”. She never shows that kind of passion for a car.
Counterpoint is she may have to embrace a pre owned 718 for 35k less cause we’re getting KILLED in the market.